Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 186 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Respected? He's the states highest paid employee by millions. We made him a celebrity, we threw him a parade for God's sakes. This was all spectacle, ego and reverse Moneyball.

and all UConn Men’s Basketball got out of it was a couple of lousy championships!

the specifics of the deal are really good for the program as a whole

Reaction Score
Back-to-back national titles, then turns down Kentucky and the LeBron Lakers in the same off-season.

4c2b6473-9225-47dd-99b2-3c9a7cc2ad66_text.gif

Reaction Score
Ok I now believe. “

“ Dan Hurley remains at UConn, turns down offer to coach Lakers for chance to pursue third straight NCAA title”… CBS SPORTS​

Reaction Score
Ya gotta love how a $70 million offer got rounded up to $100 million, then Fanta’s of the world saying it’s over $100 million lol.
Fanta acted like a total amateur since the news broke on Thursday and for a guy who has always acted like he's all about the Big East he was giddy pushing Hurley out the door to LA. I like the guy but sheesh this was a bad look.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
He deserved to be paid. He earned it. The results he is delivering more than pay for his contract.
Agreed. I've only been a fan for 30 years, and I respect the man and the program turnaround accomplished so far. Spent a few minutes with him last year, he was cool. As a guy just finishing up student loans for the kids, for what the outstanding UCONN is really for, this hype and adulation was way overdone. Every one of my posts said he was staying. Never thought for a minute he'd leave, especially for fantasyland LA. My reservedness is only at the current state of sports, where everything is a dollar. UCONN is a fantastic resource, and we have (rightfully) rolled out the red carpet for Dan and his family. All I'm saying is, if that's not enough, I don't know what else to tell you.

Reaction Score
It’s official

“https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/dan-hurley-staying-uconn-turns-down-lakers-head-coaching-job”.

Reaction Score
Archive this , lets move on
After DH gets a new UConn contract. It seems once the pot is off the fire, nothing happens. Raise ticket prices whatever. Just get it done.

Reaction Score
Fanta acted like a total amateur since the news broke on Thursday and for a guy who has always acted like he's all about the Big East he was giddy pushing Hurley out the door to LA. I like the guy but sheesh this was a bad look.
I have never liked Fanta. He doesn't seem like a bad guy but I don't like him as a media personality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothWilly

Top Bottom