Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 184 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
What about it has been strange? Dude debunks Kentucky courting too quickly, agent gets mad at the given up leverage, dude appeases his agent. Media and fans are the only ones to blame for this.
to be clear I fully understand how Dan played it, I'm referring to the Woj/Shams ongoing media battle

Reaction Score
Nah man. This is how negotiations work. Just because we're impatient, doesn't mean anything was wrong. He heard an offer on FRIDAY, got UConn's over the weekend, took a day to think about it and announced mid-day.

What else would you want?
to be clear I fully understand how Dan played it, I'm referring to the Woj/Shams ongoing media battle

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Never had a doubt…….just kidding……now we can joke for real. Glad it’s over

Hope it plays out like Fran’s tweet.

Let’s GO!!!!!

Reaction Score
Good for UConn. Once the fireworks fade, sobering thoughts.

That he was that close, this early in his career, with so much on offer here is revealing. Cue the Thibodeau watch...

Reaction Score
The word on the street...

The Lakers only shot was to blow him away with an offer, but the Lakers crapped the bed. But even with that offer, it would have been 50/50 at best.

Reaction Score
When LeBron says he. ‘Likes your offensive sets’, that’s SuperMax-ese for ‘But we all know this team runs through ME.’

Reaction Score
As an aium with over 30 years of affiliation with the University, not to mention a huge fan of the men’s basketball program, I am disgusted with the way he and his people are handling this decision. Stay or go, his reputation is soiled in my view. The University and the storied reputation of the men’s basketball program deserves much much better.
Wow, quite an introduction, huh ??

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Nah man. This is how negotiations work. Just because we're impatient, doesn't mean anything was wrong. He heard an offer on FRIDAY, got UConn's over the weekend, took a day to think about it and announced mid-day.

What else would you want?
This whole process has shown who understands how big business works, and those who operate purely on the emotion of the day. There was nothing strange about this, other than how quickly it popped up after the initial report of how he would want a crack at the NBA.

As an aside, the amount of UConn baseball disrespect on McAfeee right now is unwarranted. Put some respect on Pender's name. Holy crap.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
I don't think so. If the state did not step up he would be in LA right now IMO. I think he wanted to be respected as the top coach he is.
Respected? He's the states highest paid employee by millions. We made him a celebrity, we threw him a parade for God's sakes. This was all spectacle, ego and reverse Moneyball.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley will be the next head coach of the Knicks when Thibs’ extension runs to term. He will be 70-71 and retirement will be right there.

PERFECT transition. 4 more years, Hurley will be 55.

And I believe this is exactly how Dan has played it out in his own mind.

Reaction Score
My brother texted me that he was staying before I was able to catch up on the posts.

Like being told the end of a movie or the final score of a game before finishing watching it.

Reaction Score
Just think about the precedent this sets for UConn basketball and college basketball. Dan Hurley chose UConn over kentucky and the freaking lakers.

Old School Yes GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UCjungle

Top Bottom