Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 195 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
this was a pissing contest between Shams and Woj

"He was not the number one candidate" but he "chose to accept 20 million less to stay at UConn"? Seems like there's a little logical inconsistencies there. If he wasn't the number one candidate, i.e., the one they actually offered, then how could he choose not to accept the offer?

Reaction Score
"He was not the number one candidate" but he "chose to accept 20 million less to stay at UConn"? Seems like there's a little logical inconsistencies there. If he wasn't the number one candidate, i.e., the one they actually offered, then how could he choose not to accept the offer?
I don't see how the two relate and if you're the number 1 candidate I don't think it takes over a month after the Darvin Ham firing for an NBA franchise player to bring you in for a meeting and offer you a contract a couple weeks before the draft. I have no idea what the Lakers are doing with their coaching search but nothing about the way that story unfolded indicates that Hurley was "#1 coaching candidate from the start", per Woj's wording.

Reaction Score
I don't see how the two relate and if you're the number 1 candidate I don't think it takes over a month after the Darvin Ham firing for an NBA franchise player to bring you in for a meeting and offer you a contract a couple weeks before the draft. I have no idea what the Lakers are doing with their coaching search but nothing about the way that story unfolded indicates that Hurley was "#1 coaching candidate from the start", per Woj's wording.
I mean who really cares what he has to say? This guy is about as irrelevant to the proceedings as you can possibly get. He's a quasi-journo/social influencer which puts him on the evolutionary pecking order somewhere between a cockroach and a maggot.

Think about the fact that it took a combined roughly five-seven minutes to disseminate both the news that A) Hurley was in line for the Laker job; and 2) He chose to say at UCONN and all of the talking heads that made a meal out of bloviating on this crap in the in-between time. It's a testament to depths to which what passes for sports reporting has fallen.

If Woj, Fanta, Sams etc. fell off the face of the Earth tomorrow no one would miss them. I mean imagine if there were no interim coverage of this type of stuff between season's end and training camp/fall practice, we'd actually have something to anticipate each season;)
;);)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ah, okay got it. I read it as a halfhearted "well the Lakers weren't really interested in Hurley anyway," but I see how you can read it to say he wasn't there top candidate at the start of the process. Regardless, he was the top candidate because he was the only one they offered, at least so far.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what the Lakers are doing with their coaching search

Well part of it is that they're trying to avoid pissing off LeCon or at least provoking a passive aggressive response from 'his camp'. The reality is that James' opinion should not even factor into this decision in the slightest. Until that get rid of that part of the equation the Lakers will continue to be mired in a purgatorial morass.

They are walking this weird tightrope where they A) Have to make it appear that the decision is 100% attributable to management and not at all influenced by the players; while B) Ensuring they have tacit approval from their best on-court performer. It's a 100% politically driven process when as we all know it should be 100% about improving the team. Until they stop with this nonsense (e.g., when James is gone) the organization will continue to flounder.

I'm sure Hurley sensed this immediately when he sat with Rob and Jeannie. I cannot imagine a situation that would run more antithetical to how he prefers to run the show.

Reaction Score
There was a weird narrative that Hurley was the GM pick, while Reddick was LeBron’s

But if anyone was paying attention, you knew Lebron loved Hurley. I actually thought Bronny would transfer here..

Lebron wanted Hurley or JJ, and that’s what the Lakers are doing because they are trying to lure Lebron back.

The Lakers coach is a pawn, they proved that with Vogel. And it’s not a great job. Everyone knows that too..that’s why JJ seems to be backing out of it.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
From Thursday through yesterday this was the biggest sports story in the country.

Today we have moved onto hearing that Joey Chestnut is not participating in this years Nathan’s Coney Island Hot Dog eating contest.

The reason is even big news since a new meatless hotdog company has signed him to a lucrative endorsement deal.

Now this story has some meat on the bone….pun intended.

But seriously I don’t know if this is tragic or just funny.

Reaction Score
5,000 posts and 200 pages those are legendary numbers come on those are numbers you gotta hit before calling it a thread. It’s the equivalent of hitting 500 hrs and 3,000 hits.
200.gif

I'm doing what I can to get us over the 5k/200 hurdle.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Credit to bjc42 for getting me through this with a smile for all the “likes” as a place keeping method.

He’s like the p*** bots on X. The only one liking your posts

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
We can do this repeatedly until we get the 135 posts necessary. It would be epic kind of like a board wave. Or maybe not.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Reaction Score
From Thursday through yesterday this was the biggest sports story in the country.

Today we have moved onto hearing that Joey Chestnut is not participating in this years Nathan’s Coney Island Hot Dog eating contest.

The reason is even big news since a new meatless hotdog company has signed him to a lucrative endorsement deal.

Now this story has some meat on the bone….pun intended.

But seriously I don’t know if this is tragic or just funny.
I wonder if Chestnut could scarf down just as many of those meatless dogs ...or, if there's like a ratio?
Or, is there just a separate professional meatless league?

Reaction Score
The chorus of "we got played" has grown and is absolutely sickening amongst various sports media. They were the ones that set the tone, created the expectations, and were practically cheering on the departure of Coach Hurley before anything had been decided. Now it's poor us! Dan and the Lakers went through this charade and hurt our fee fees. You played yourselves. Stop passing the buck and just say you were wrong. You jumped the shark and got caught. The only scapegoat is staring at you in the mirror.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
5,000 posts and 200 pages those are legendary numbers come on those are numbers you gotta hit before calling it a thread. It’s the equivalent of hitting 500 hrs and 3,000 hits.

How about being over a half million views?

Reaction Score
I noticed yesterday that, when national commentators talked about NBA coaching jobs they could see Hurley wanting to take in the next few years, no one mentioned the jobs we most often mention here - Knicks, Nets, Sixers. They talked about Celtics/Lakers, and then a few other teams like the Trail Blazers, Pistons, even the Timberwolves. It made me wonder if we local yokels put too much stock into Hurley's stated geographical preferences when we think about what he'd want to do.

There, only 120 more to go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothWilly

Top Bottom