Kofi Announcing Tomorrow | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kofi Announcing Tomorrow

Reaction Score
Maybe Kofi is announcing tomorrow because he has his final 2 with UConn and Illinois. It’s not necessarily Illinois just because they got the last visit even though the signs point that way. UConn could win this in the end.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Different coach and different system. Historical reputation doesn’t mean much to me. But what do I know.
The problem is that Hurley is also known for running a guard friendly system.

pj

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we have a reputation as being a school for ball dominant guards. Bigs don’t want to play for those types of schools. When you combined that rep with being in a mediocre conference it becomes toxic for landing big time bigs. We might be better suited exploring the international pool for bigs or taking shots at upside guys further down the list.

We were known for guards and wings like Ray Allen and Rip Hamilton in the 1990s, for bigs from Okafor onward in the early 2000s, then Kemba and Shabazz revived the guard focus. There's no reason to think Hurley can't coach bigs or develop them, or will refuse to run offense through them.

Reaction Score
No denying his physical attributes and raw talent but I don't like guys who's choose to go to weak programs for their one year. That's just a lack of drive and competitiveness. Ik that sounds cliche but it hasn't really failed yet

Reaction Score
And Illinois is known for what exactly?

We were known for guards and wings like Ray Allen and Rip Hamilton in the 1990s, for bigs from Okafor onward in the early 2000s, then Kemba and Shabazz revived the guard focus. There's no reason to think Hurley can't coach bigs or develop them, or will refuse to run offense through them.

You're trying to convince @UcannUconn... but he's just expressing overall sentiment in college bball. Your defense isn't needed. Everyone here knows that. Kofi very.well may not

Reaction Score
No denying his physical attributes and raw talent but I don't like guys who's choose to go to weak programs for their one year. That's just a lack of drive and competitiveness. Ik that sounds cliche but it hasn't really failed yet

Hes not a 1 and done.

Reaction Score
A source tells me that Oak Hill Academy center Kofi Cockburn has eliminated Pitt as one of his finalists...Capel was expecting to get an official visit from Cockburn sometime this month but that’s not going to happen as he’s going to commit to Illinois, possibly as early as today.

that article takes a huge leap with its conclusion. just because kofi eliminated pitt as a finalist doesn't mean he's committing to illinois. conceivably that still leaves us, illinois, kansas and st. j's.

i'm now expecting his major social media announcement to be a "king kofi final 4." no one likes the limelight like kofi

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Should this pan out as it's looking, props to Antigua (dirty or not) for convincing an NYC talent like Kofi to play for an average B1G program that is already getting very good contribution from a freshman center this year and has another C committed for 2019. Sure, Kofi's probably better than both of them, but I don't think there's any doubt he would've gotten all the minutes his conditioning and foul trouble could've allowed with us. Not convinced that would be true with Illini.

Reaction Score
Not to sound depressing, but we aren’t exactly a strong program right now.

Reaction Score
I can't believe he wants to go play for a team that will be like 4-20 something in March.”
That’s why he’s going to Illinois.
Yeah they really know how to develop players there, and must be sending a ton of players to the NBA.

Reaction Score
soooo did he explicitly say he was committing tomorrow or did he just say big announcement tmmrw?
Yea but inv instagram when he was asked when he’d make his college decision he said very soon. Not just soon, very soon.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He always jokes around on social media saying that he’s going to commit soon. I will say watching our big men struggle in our offense is NOT going to help.
Or is it? Certainly he knows he wouldn't have to worry about minutes.

Reaction Score
Should this pan out as it's looking, props to Antigua (dirty or not) for convincing an NYC talent like Kofi to play for an average B1G program that is already getting very good contribution from a freshman center this year and has another C committed for 2019. Sure, Kofi's probably better than both of them, but I don't think there's any doubt he would've gotten all the minutes his conditioning and foul trouble could've allowed with us. Not convinced that would be true with Illini.
Props to Antigua? I say props to a system that looks the other way. This is why I don't get upset about losing any recruit. Its a rigged system. I have no idea if UConn runs a clean program.(I have my opinion) I do know there is nothing clean about Kofi to Illinois.

Reaction Score
Props to Antigua? I say props to a system that looks the other way. This is why I don't get upset about losing any recruit. Its a rigged system. I. have no idea if UConn runs a clean program.(I have my opinion) I do know there is nothing clean about Kofi to Illinois.
How do you know?

Just for clarification kicks and giggles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom