Kofi Announcing Tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kofi Announcing Tomorrow

Reaction Score
With the timing of his visit and the influx of Illinois crystal ball picks, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't go to there now.

Time to lock up Mitchell or Wahab this week. I'd be happy with either.

Also, after watching Montverde play on TV on Friday, I'm convinced Achiuwa can play the 5 in college.

Reaction Score
I will play 5 at UConn before Precious. He wants to showcase as a 3. Yes, i know you only said "could".

Reaction Score
This might sound ridiculous but his Snapchat and his Instagram are completely different animals. Snapchat for him is a lot more personal it seems. Also I mentioned this a few days ago but it looked like he was as filming a video in his gym with the standard lights turned off and some colored flourescent lights turned on reminiscent of a commitment video. I’m officially nervous
What color were the lights for the possible shoot?

Reaction Score
How the hell do you take a visit to a school like Illinois and say DAMN that's the place for me in days?
By now, you should know. Orlando Antigua, enough said.

Reaction Score
Has Antigua ever been caught holding the bag or is this hear say?
Caught, no. Reputation, big time. Without question, he has deep ties to one of Kofi's handlers.

Reaction Score
Orlando Antigua

Most people don’t know what that means but: he’s a former Calipari assistant who was fired at USF amid an academic fraud scandal. USF fired him like a week into the season, so you know whatever they found was not good at all. Illinois is a wildly corrupt state full of bag men for all kinds of deals.

I’m not saying that’s what’s happening here. I just know this: choosing Illinois because you want to play in the B1G, when any school in the B1G would want you, is kind of like choosing Western Kentucky because you want to play in Kentucky even though UK and UL would both gladly give you a scholarship.

Reaction Score
Most people don’t know what that means but: he’s a former Calipari assistant who was fired at USF amid an academic fraud scandal. USF fired him like a week into the season, so you know whatever they found was not good at all. Illinois is a wildly corrupt state full of bag men for all kinds of deals.

I’m not saying that’s what’s happening here. I just know this: choosing Illinois because you want to play in the B1G, when any school in the B1G would want you, is kind of like choosing Western Kentucky because you want to play in Kentucky even though UK and UL would both gladly give you a scholarship.
Well said. Lets use common sense. The visit began as a favor and ended with a commitment. Hmmmmmm......

Reaction Score
He is a fool if he goes to Illinois. I don't care how much money they threw at him. It is horrible there in the winter and just being in the big 10 won't get him into the NBA. A good coach at a team that people care about would get him into the NBA.
There goes his dream of playing several games at MSG and Boston Garden. Maybe at Illinois he can play at the Indy Civic Center. I can't believe he wants to go play for a team that will be like 4-20 something in March.

pj

Reaction Score
I spent a year at the University of Illinois. For decades their hope was to recruit Chicago, and Chicago players kept giving them a pass. Now they are able to recruit New York City? It is weird if true.

Reaction Score
Maybe it was the opposite and he hated his visit

Reaction Score
I spent a year at the University of Illinois. For decades their hope was to recruit Chicago, and Chicago players kept giving them a pass. Now they are able to recruit New York City? It is weird if true.
I wonder if Kofi has definitely made up his mind yet. I mean remember when JC and a lot of other people thought Kevin Durant would be coming to Storrs.

Screenshot_20190106-090442.png

Reaction Score
Yikes, everything trending the wrong way on this. How did it slip away so quickly, especially to a nothing program like Illinois?

Reaction Score
Wahab and Mitchell aren’t bums correct?
I mean Notre Dame was hot after Mitchell and THE FRUIT was hot after Wahab if I remember correctly

Reaction Score
“Big announcement tmmrw” doesn’t mean he’s committing tmmrw.....

Reaction Score
I would prefer Mitchell over Wahab. They’re both 4 stars. Mitchell is built much more like a center which is what we really need.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous if we lose Kofi to Illinois. I guess the whole I want to play for a blue blood program was just self-hype and promotion if true. I don't want to hear about the AAC. Hurley can talk about Kofi matching up with James Wiseman and Memphis. NBA scouts will be watching the AAC closely next year.

I would rather focus on Qudus Wahab. He has more upside and is a better overall player than Mitchell. I don't see it with Mitchell.

Reaction Score
I would prefer Mitchell over Wahab. They’re both 4 stars. Mitchell is built much more like a center which is what we really need.

Disagree Mitchell is undersized for a center and has no lift. Wahab is taller and bigger. Wahab is not some beanpole project. He has good size already.

Wahab has a better basketball future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom