Kofi Announcing Tomorrow | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kofi Announcing Tomorrow

Reaction Score
All those experts changing their picks to Illinois just shows the majority are just as much in the dark as us. The relentless instagram and snapchat stalking is getting outrageous. At this point it seems that’s all they have to base their picks off of.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I would prefer Mitchell over Wahab. They’re both 4 stars. Mitchell is built much more like a center which is what we really need.
We need both but if it were an either or I would strongly favor Wahab. He is taller/longer/more athletic, he runs the floor better, he would make an immediate impact on our overall defense.

Reaction Score
Whoops good catch. Meant to say Wahab over Mitchell. Wahab is built like a man. Mitchell is built like Whaley

Mitchell is built like Josh Carlton and plays like him and has no lift like him. He's not as good or as big as Wahab for the center position.

Reaction Score
Mitchell is built like Josh Carlton and plays like him and has no lift like him. He's not as good or as big as Wahab for the center position.

Yes I agree. Mitchell might be slightly more skilled right now with his back to the basket, but Wahab has a better frame and higher ceiling IMO

Reaction Score
Yes I agree. Mitchell might be slightly more skilled right now with his back to the basket, but Wahab has a better frame and higher ceiling IMO
Mitchell probably helps us more next year, Wahab would probably help more in 2-3 years. We just need to land one of the three otherwise we're in a bad spot.

Reaction Score
A source tells me that Oak Hill Academy center Kofi Cockburn has eliminated Pitt as one of his finalists.

Apperantely things shifted in a major way towards Brad Underwood after Cockburn took his official visit there during the Christmas break. Capel was expecting to get an official visit from Cockburn sometime this month but that’s not going to happen as he’s going to commit to Illinois, possibly as early as today.

Reaction Score
Gimme Wahab if no Kofi

Mitchell is just a less athletic version of Akok at this point

We need to get bigger and more physical down low

Reaction Score
Mitchell probably helps us more next year, Wahab would probably help more in 2-3 years. We just need to land one of the three otherwise we're in a bad spot.

Agree, I’d take any of them.

Reaction Score
A source tells me that Oak Hill Academy center Kofi Cockburn has eliminated Pitt as one of his finalists.

Apperantely things shifted in a major way towards Brad Underwood after Cockburn took his official visit there during the Christmas break. Capel was expecting to get an official visit from Cockburn sometime this month but that’s not going to happen as he’s going to commit to Illinois, possibly as early as today.

All that grind and no Kofi, shucks.

Reaction Score
Only thing they have in common is neither of them have any lift. Mitchell is a lot better offensively than Wahab or Carlton. Wahab should be a lot better than both of them defensively but he's a total project offensively.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Only thing they have in common is neither of them have any lift. Mitchell is a lot better offensively than Wahab or Carlton. Wahab should be a lot better than both of them defensively but he's a total project offensively.
I have seen him. Less of a project than you would think. He may not have touch but he has a bunch of post moves he uses well and can consistently make free throws.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
That's honestly fine. All I want from a Center is to be a monster defensively and not completely inept on offense (like can catch an alley pop, set legal screens, and pass somewhat adequately). We will have offense from multiple other positions. We just need a couple big men who can body opposition.
There is plenty of room for both Mitchell and Wahab here, although I'm guessing there isn't much chance of that happening. Which is fine- if we can get 1 of Mitchell/Wahab then we will just have to have shallow center depth next season and take our chances in 2020 recruiting.

pj

Reaction Score

You are underrating Wahab's offensive potential. He's scored fairly effectively in AAU, albeit with range that doesn't extend as far as the free throw line. He averaged 10.0 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.6 blocks in 19.6 minutes on the UnderArmour circuit, shooting 51% (WE R1 (@WER1Basketball) - UAA 2018 - Roster - #20 - Qudus Wahab -). He's had 32 point games. He's similar to but more offensively talented than Amida Brimah; maybe Alex Oriakhi is a good comp on the offensive side.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wouldn't surprise me if Kofi is one of those recruits where all the crystal ballers get it wrong

I probably wouldn't be saying this if all the crystal balls were for UConn
Well one of two things happened. He was so blown away by OKST that he immediately changed all of his plans and decided to commit there, or he's done with the recruiting process and wants to end it to play for the good guys. Sadly I think there's too much smoke for the latter to be true. We usually hear something from people when a commitment seems this imminent, and the radio silence doesn't bode well.

Reaction Score
He always jokes around on social media saying that he’s going to commit soon. I will say watching our big men struggle in our offense is NOT going to help.
I believe just the opposite. This means mucho playing time for him next year.

Reaction Score
Hope his family gets the BTN. Illinois isn't exactly featured on national tv espn,cbs, etc.

Reaction Score
Sounds like you just described Jeff Carr. He turned out to be a nice find.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I believe just the opposite. This means mucho playing time for him next year.
Unfortunately we have a reputation as being a school for ball dominant guards. Bigs don’t want to play for those types of schools. When you combined that rep with being in a mediocre conference it becomes toxic for landing big time bigs. We might be better suited exploring the international pool for bigs or taking shots at upside guys further down the list.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we have a reputation as being a school for ball dominant guards. Bigs don’t want to play for those types of schools. When you combined that rep with being in a mediocre conference it becomes toxic for landing big time bigs. We might be better suited exploring the international pool for bigs or taking shots at upside guys further down the list.
Different coach and different system. Historical reputation doesn’t mean much to me. But what do I know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom