Kofi Announcing Tomorrow | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kofi Announcing Tomorrow

Reaction Score
There goes his dream of playing several games at MSG and Boston Garden. Maybe at Illinois he can play at the Indy Civic Center. I can't believe he wants to go play for a team that will be like 4-20 something in March.
I can't believe he wants to go play for a team that will be like 4-20 something in March.”
That’s why he’s going to Illinois.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
With the timing of his visit and the influx of Illinois crystal ball picks, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't go to there now.

Time to lock up Mitchell or Wahab this week. I'd be happy with either.

Also, after watching Montverde play on TV on Friday, I'm convinced Achiuwa can play the 5 in college.
How about Mitchell and Wahab?

Reaction Score
“Big announcement tmmrw” doesn’t mean he’s committing tmmrw.....
soooo did he explicitly say he was committing tomorrow or did he just say big announcement tmmrw?

Reaction Score
Disagree Mitchell is undersized for a center and has no lift. Wahab is taller and bigger. Wahab is not some beanpole project. He has good size already.

Wahab has a better basketball future.
Whoops good catch. Meant to say Wahab over Mitchell. Wahab is built like a man. Mitchell is built like Whaley

Reaction Score
Call me ignorant, but when we lose out on top recruits to schools that dont have the pedigree that UConn does, like in this case with Kofi and Illinois, I think the AAC is a major factor in the decision. I think its just common sense. I know many factors go into a commit, but I just think its way to easy for schools to negatively recruit against UConn because of the AAC.

People will quickly point out Wiseman to Memphis to counter that argument, and I will admit thats a huge positive for the conference, but Memphis is his home. Its very important to keep your local kids home, but if this kid was not from Memphis, theres zero chance he would go there in my opinion.

Reaction Score
He did not say he was announcing tmmrw
Then were fine. My guess is either an official visit announcement or trimming his list down. No one anywhere has said they heard anything about a verbal from him, or even anything hinting that a committment is coming tomorrow (or today, whenever he posted that)

Reaction Score
He might announce by the time this post reaches the server, but it's also true that he's an 18-year-old kid who loves attention and trolling people. Insiders are only as good as the information that they receive, and many of these kids who aren't trolling are still changing their mind every ten minutes.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Today is tomorrow. Our insiders' silence is deafening. It's ok to share your knowledge/opinion when it isn't what we want to hear guys.

It's not like they spend their lives monitoring every thread or post on a particular player? Zionn (or whomever) might be on vacation skiiing or something.

Or, their contacts on staff and program are equally in the dark at this point.

Anyway the situation is the same as any other recruiting situation in major college sports: top prospect favors school and strongly hints at committing to staff... Takes another visit.... And everything changes on a dime.

Its the most common situation in recruiting. Basketball, Football, it doesn't matter. Happens to even the best programs (tho rarely Duke)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom