Kofi Announcing Tomorrow | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kofi Announcing Tomorrow

Reaction Score
imo the only way hurley and co. opens themselves up to any second guessing is if carlton's our starting center next season. still plenty of time before that becomes the reality

Reaction Score
imo the only way hurley and co. opens themselves up to any second guessing is if carlton's our starting center next season. still plenty of time before that becomes the reality

Problem is we have no freshman center this year. If we miss on Kofi I fear he might be starting unless there is a grand transfer that comes in.

Reaction Score
Illinois? R u kidding. Cmon Kofi. Illinois hasn’t been relevant in football or basketball since the days of Kendall Gill and jeff George!!! Besides that one good hoop year in 2005 Seriously? Illinois?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Just a reminder to everyone opening up your 40th floor windows...

Next year we have Jaylen Gaffney, James Bouknight and Akok Akok coming in. Not too shabby. No Jalen and more experienced Gilbert, B Adams and Vital.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love him or hate him. Chief rarely gets to sensitive about too many things nor too revealing. His sentiments regarding this recruitment should tell the tale.

Reaction Score
If we miss on Kofi I fear he might be starting unless there is a grand transfer that comes in

i won't believe that till i see it. carlton started last year as a 3 star freshmen recruit so why couldn't tre (4 star) or wahab (borderline 4 star) start next year?

i'd take tyler olander over carlton right now. have we had a worse starting center in the last 20 years?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
and a big ol pile of horse crap at the 5 spot
Mmm that's harsh. I think I may be the only guy on the board who thinks Josh is going to keep getting better all 4 years for UConn. Sal needs to adopt him though. Some more muscle mass would do this kid a world of good.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Mmm that's harsh. I think I may be the only guy on the board who thinks Josh is going to keep getting better all 4 years for UConn. Sal needs to adopt him though. Some more muscle mass would do this kid a world of good.
It's really hard to project Josh as being a good center by his senior season, given recent play. No disrespect to the kid. I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but he's soft as baby doodoo. You can teach a kid to play basketball, but you cannot teach toughness. Obviously I would love to be wrong because we need consistent, good, post players..but he has never even shown a flash of great play against a good opponent

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's really hard to project Josh as being a good center by his senior season, given recent play. No disrespect to the kid. I hope I'm wrong.
I'm sorry but he's soft as baby doodoo. You can teach a kid to play basketball, but you cannot teach toughness. Obviously I would love to be wrong because we need consistent, good, post players..but he has never even shown a flash of great play against a good opponent
I hear you. Still he's got a frame that add bulk. Size is a big contributing factor to his issue right now.

Reaction Score
His lack of athleticism means he'll never be the caliber of center that we want. He could be a great backup center for us, but if he's starting, our ceiling as a team is limited.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Different coach and different system. Historical reputation doesn’t mean much to me. But what do I know.

I think it matters. Hurley is known more as a guard centric-coach (despite the fact that it may have been do to personnel more than anything). But he was a PG himself.

Opposing schools use it as negative recruiting...."UCONN's a guard's school. Come here and you will be the centerpiece of the team."

intlzncster

Reaction Score
How do you know??? Pretty sure I saw Hurley eating a sandwich once! He could’ve been hitting the phones!

Because people have seen him and staff relentlessly on the trail. Reports of UCONN everywhere, unlike previous years.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Can't believe people are comparing Josh and Mitchell. I've only seen Mitchell in tape, but they are playing different games. Mitchell is a basketball player now. Josh...not yet, but maybe?

And Mitchell has plenty of upside. By not being as athletic, he's a different type of player, but if you have athleticism and smarts.....Harangody, Curly, Dudley etc etc

Reaction Score
His son went to Trinity in Hartford, my daughter's classmate. I told her to hook up with him. Did she listen? NOOOO!

i hope that doesn't mean you wanted your daughter to end up in playboy lol

intlzncster

Reaction Score
and a big ol pile of horse crap at the 5 spot

Well, it's an upgrade damn everywhere else. What are you gonna do?

I guarantee it's not gonna be a goose egg at the five. Might even be a top grad transfer promised tons of minutes. Not ideal, but when you are handcuffed (with lower lever experience players and no freshman center to develop), you scramble until you manage to fill with quality. What we can't do is the KO route with late 3star hail mary's. That's treading water at best.

People didn't believe me when I said it'll be a four year rebuild. This is year one. Year four, we compete strong nationally, if Hurley does his job.

That means, higher end upperclassman, plus high end young talent to back up and groom as future stars.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom