KO vs UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KO vs UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Yup. And the program was punished harshly for it. In light of that, one would think that moving forward, the university would take a hard line approach on cheaters. Which they rightly did.

Hows that working out?

Reaction Score
lt’a almost impossible not to. Let’s bring in some rats and see.
Have a feeling the "Not fair, someone told on me!" defense isn't going to hold water.

TJT

Reaction Score
None of this is any surprise. UConn did it all it could to destroy Kevin Ollie and his reputation to justify his firing and not paying him the buyout. Ollie is returning the favor. UConn made the first move and chose this path. It is facing the consequences. In the end, neither party actually wins as both will be tarnished.

Reaction Score
no idea what this means. he is doing what anyone would do. i certainly wouldnt stand by and let a inept clown like benedict fire me for cause.

This was dud joke about the Boneyard wanting so it must be right. My apologies, please disregard.

Reaction Score
yeah lets walk away from 10 million in a situation where no one in the country tries to fire for cause.

two seconds after diaco got paid for being the worst coach in college sports.

makes sense to give up and take nothing because it makes most of the by happy
If he walked away or tried to negotiate an actual settlement then he'd probably have another job right now. No organization, college or pro, is going to hire him now. You can't trust him

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If he walked away or tried to negotiate an actual settlement then he'd probably have another job right now. No organization, college or pro, is going to hire him now. You can't trust him

I don’t think his job status would be much different if he took a different legal strategy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're the one who brought up Diaco as if he has any relevance to this whatsoever.

yes paying diaco 5 million to walk away has nothing to do with what is going on. okey dokey

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

there is zero evidence that uconn offered a cent to settle. why would they if they thought they would win for cause.

and he’ll get a job some day. every day people come back from way worse things and people completely forget what happened.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Diaco didn't break the rules, dumb dumb. Ollie did and then lied about it.

you have no idea if diaco broke any rules. nobody enlisted a rat.

you missed the point again though because you are blinded by hatred for ollie. part of the reason why uconn had to take this for cause path is because they had already blown 5 million on diaco and cant afford to operate like a normal athletic department.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whelp. There is truth in that, especially on the recruiting trail and management of player relationships...

But in light of this year, its hard to say his game coaching (disinterest aside) was a glaring weakness when comparing Apples to Apples.

I'm not so sure about that. Things might have changed recently but a couple of weeks ago somebody posted a bunch objective measures by which this year's team was clearly performing better. It wasn't translating to the "W" column but the improvement seemed clear.

pj

Reaction Score
He’s not very smart. I know him pretty well from his days at UConn... as s player....nice kid but not very smart.... I was shocked when he was hired as HC and I am not suprised how this turned out.

That's been my conclusion for quite a while. Nice guy who can be a great friend and ally and teammate in the right situations ... but not up to leading a D1 basketball program which amounts to being CEO of a 20-person, 8-figure annual revenue business. A job he took on with minimal experience, and was hubristic enough to think he could do without quality help.

Reaction Score
you have no idea if diaco broke any rules. nobody enlisted a rat.

you missed the point again though because you are blinded by hatred for ollie. part of the reason why uconn had to take this for cause path because they had already blown 5 million on diaco and cant afford to operate like a normal athletic department.
, I'm dealing with an imbecile.

Diaco was never charged with any violations by the NCAA. Kevin Ollie was. That's why Diaco got the buyout and Ollie didn't.

UConn took the for cause path with Kevin because he materially violated the terms of his contract and therefore wasn't entitled to his buyout. How is this difficult to understand? I feel like I'm arguing with an Infowars commenter.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I'm not so sure about that. Things might have changed recently but a couple of weeks ago somebody posted a bunch objective measures by which this year's team was clearly performing better. It wasn't translating to the "W" column but the improvement seemed clear.

Well there is another way to look at that, isnt there?

That with worse objective measure metrics a coach can achieve same results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom