KO vs UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

KO vs UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
, I'm dealing with an imbecile.

Diaco was never charged with any violations by the NCAA. Kevin Ollie was. That's why Diaco got the buyout and Ollie didn't.

UConn took the for cause path with Kevin because he materially violated the terms of his contract and therefor wasn't entitled to his buyout. How is this difficult to understand? I feel like I'm arguing with an Infowars commenter.

They took the for cause path because they couldn’t afford to take any other path.

They were so desperate they had to facilitate the NCAA charges.

If you are dim enough to think Diaco didn’t have petty violations like shot a basket in khakis or 30 second face time with recruit - you probably shouldn’t be insulting anyone’s intellect.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Well there is another way to look at that, isnt there?

That with worse objective measure metrics a coach can achieve same results?

With guys he didn't choose to bring in and an injured jalen adams

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
With guys he didn't choose to bring in and an injured jalen adams

and the healthiest Alterique weve seen in 2 years.

The injury thing is a wash.

Weve been snake bitten 3 years running across 2 regimes on that front.

Reaction Score
Glen Miller got a job.
Glen Miller toed the "company" line. Was what he did selfish? Yes. Was it in the best interest of the school? Yes. It's a completely different scenario

pj

Reaction Score

UConn moved up from 176 in Kenpom last year to 92 right now, with a similarly talented roster and a similar injury history. Recruiting is much better, Bouknight, Gaffney, and Akok is a far better class than Ollie could have obtained. The team puts forth more effort and is more fun to watch. Players are developing. I'd say it's clear Hurley has brought a big step up in results.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
and the healthiest Alterique weve seen in 2 years.

The injury thing is a wash.

Weve been snake bitten 3 years running across 2 regimes on that front.

Sure, I'll even give you the injury thing is a wash- and ultimately the season boils down to W's and L's but I can tell you I had a hell of a better time watching them lose to Cinci by 4 then last year when they lost to Cinci by 25.

EDIT:
Plus Hurley brought energy back to the program. I grew up watching UConn, but started becoming less and less interested over the years because it just stopped being fun. Bringing a new coach in revitalizes the energy & brings hope plus a reason to believe in the program which I think the fan base was in dire need of. I've followed this season and recruiting much more closely than in years past, and have seen the same thing with a bunch of my like-minded friends. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They took the for cause path because they couldn’t afford to take any other path.

They were so desperate they had to facilitate the NCAA charges.

If you are dim enough to think Diaco didn’t have petty violations like shot a basket in khakis or 30 second face time with recruit - you probably shouldn’t be insulting anyone’s intellect.
There it is. Was waiting for you to go full tinfoil hat mode and you didn't disappoint.

If you can't understand the difference between getting charged with violations and not getting charged with violations, you're beyond help.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Sure, I'll even give you the injury thing is a wash- and ultimately the season boils down to W's and L's but I can tell you I had a hell of a better time watching them lose to Cinci by 4 then last year when they lost to Cinci by 25.

I like where we are headed.
I think? I hope? Let's put it this way I want to believe! Im in it for the long haul no matter what anyway.

But honestly after a really banging start in November (Cuse game) and some looks of competing in Early December this season (FSU, Zona) , no, my enjoyment level this year is no higher than the last 2. Theyve all been torture. No one can look at that SMU game last week and feel good about this season.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
UConn moved up from 176 in Kenpom last year to 92 right now, with a similarly talented roster and a similar injury history. Recruiting is much better, Bouknight, Gaffney, and Akok is a far better class than Ollie could have obtained. The team puts forth more effort and is more fun to watch. Players are developing. I'd say it's clear Hurley has brought a big step up in results.

Have you watched Akinjo this year?

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction Score

And speaking subjectively, would you not agree that Hurley is putting a better product out there? They've been much more competitive and played a lot harder if nothing else. I think by both objective and subjective measures, Hurley has essentially the same cast playing better basketball. A reasonable person could argue I imagine.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There it is. Was waiting for you to go full tinfoil hat mode and you didn't disappoint.

If you can't understand the difference between getting charged with violations and not getting charged with violations, you're beyond help.

yes its tinfoil hat stuff for sure.

god i hope ollie gets to dump the internal communications on us. let’s see what these clowns are hiding.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
And speaking subjectively, would you not agree that Hurley is putting a better product out there? They've been much more competitive and played a lot harder if nothing else. I think by both objective and subjective measures, Hurley has essentially the same cast playing better basketball. A reasonable person could argue I imagine.

Im all in on Hurley. He gets a few years from me. Deserves them.

But this season is a dumpster fire.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
no idea what this means. he is doing what anyone would do. i certainly wouldnt stand by and let a inept clown like benedict fire me for cause.
This is short term thinking for KO. He should fight behind the scenes for a decent settlement but take a hit and move on. Crazy Bob D got a new job right away (and a few more since then). KO is toxic now.

C

Chief00

Chief Prediction - If UConn releases documents for FOI Request, there will be some very embarrassing documents relating to KO’s conduct. This may sink his hiring prospects further, at least for the college game. He and his clown show legal team are playing with fire. UConn is not the only party running the embarrassment risk exposure.
Again to his legal team, be careful what you ask for!

Reaction Score
Im all in on Hurley. He gets a few years from me. Deserves them.

But this season is a dumpster fire.

Diarra never came back, then Yakwe went down for the season further hurting our front court, then as the team was gaining chemistry Gilbert went out for weeks, then Adams went down for the season. Hurley can only play the hand delt him. And he never came close to the stinkers Ollie put up against Yale and Wagner and Northeastern.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Have you watched Akinjo this year?

View attachment 40279
He did say a better class. You picked out 1 player having a great start to his career. Sadly, from what I've seen during the KO years, I doubt Akinjo would have performed that well for us in our stagnant offensive style.
I wouldn't say this year is a dumpster fire. They've had ups and downs, but the last 2 years we had no ups. There's a learning curve involved for current players and we need to increase the quality of the team, but I'm far more optimistic about our future than I have been in a while.

Reaction Score
He did say a better class. You picked out 1 player having a great start to his career. Sadly, from what I've seen during the KO years, I doubt Akinjo would have performed that well for us in our stagnant offensive style.
I wouldn't say this year is a dumpster fire. They've had ups and downs, but the last 2 years we had no ups. There's a learning curve involved for current players and we need to increase the quality of the team, but I'm far more optimistic about our future than I have been in a while.

Was the "up" beating Syracuse four months ago?

Reaction Score
Chief keeps it real!

KO, you became a poor coach and even worse at program management, as whatever issues or behaviors you were dealing with in your personal life seemed to overwhelm everything else.

Generally, Chief and others have respected your personal privacy but you apparently don’t have that same privacy respect for our student athletes and others as exhibited by your requests.

Chief has even defended how despite your issues and athletes transferring out, you are a actually a good guy.

You can only hide behind your clown show legal team for so long, these requests are in your name not theirs. Your strategy is clear to attack and destroy the school PR wise and get a settlement not due to legal results but to the school caving to avoid embarrassment. You don’t want to win anymore by working, you are now via financial greed trying to win the lottery.

In the week approaching the weekend we honor Ray Allen - you do all this nonsense. This is also the week, you lost Chief as a guy, who despite everything had your back.

Kevin Ollie and UConn are fighting over documents. Here’s what it means and what happens next.

Is it coincidence that the banner ad above your OP was - Find an end to your pain.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say shooting 35% overall is a great start to his career. Solid but definitely not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom