KO vs UConn | The Boneyard

KO vs UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Chief keeps it real!

KO, you became a poor coach and even worse at program management, as whatever issues or behaviors you were dealing with in your personal life seemed to overwhelm everything else.

Generally, Chief and others have respected your personal privacy but you apparently don’t have that same privacy respect for our student athletes and others as exhibited by your requests.

Chief has even defended how despite your issues and athletes transferring out, you are actually a good guy.

You can only hide behind your clown show legal team for so long, these requests are in your name not theirs. Your strategy is clear to attack and destroy the school PR wise and get a settlement not due to legal results but to the school caving to avoid embarrassment. You don’t want to win anymore by working, you are now via financial greed trying to win the lottery.

In the week approaching the weekend we honor Ray Allen - you do all this nonsense. This is also the week, you lost Chief as a guy, who despite everything had your back.

Kevin Ollie and UConn are fighting over documents. Here’s what it means and what happens next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I don’t blame the guy for trying but at this point it’s going to be really hard to dig himself out of this hole that has been made public for quite some time. I really thought he would have got hired somewhere else and we would have seen him on the sidelines head coaching elsewhere (at least not high D1 level). But now? I just dont see it. His lawyers aren’t helping his career.

Reaction Score
Who knew this couldve gotten so ugly when trying to run an end around for cause instead of performance?

School/Calhoun made a mistake. Looks like KO wasn't mature enough to handle success. Do what all big time sports programs do when the need to make a change happen. Get your guy out. Eat what you negotiate and move on. If you can't protect your #1 asset for sports then you don't value that asset.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've reached my limit of Courant articles and can't access this one; can someone summarize?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
School/Calhoun made a mistake. Looks like KO wasn't mature enough to handle success. Do what all big time sports programs do when the need to make a change happens. Get your guy out. Eat what you negotiate and move on. If you can't protect your #1 asset for sports then you don't value that asset.

scorched earth ploy begets scorched earth ploy.

We are now at the phase of Mutually Assured Destruction.

Lovely.

August_West

Reaction Score
I've reached my limit of Courant articles and can't access this one; can someone summarize?
right click and open in incognito (chrome) or private mode (safari). (depending on browser, youre a mac guy right?)

If you are on an Iphone copy link and open up safari in Private mode and paste link.

Reaction Score
KO is a bad dude, IMO. You can blame lawyers, but the truth is clients control their agents and clients make the decisions how far and what direction they want to go.
He made really bad decisions career-wise and killed any chance he has at coaching again. A settlement or ruling in his favor is probably the only money he'll see for a while. I can't say I'm surprised by how he's acting. He blew up his own life and now he just wants to take everyone down with him.

August_West

Reaction Score
if only kevin ollie had shown this much fight over the last two years

Whelp. There is truth in that, especially on the recruiting trail and management of player relationships...

But in light of this year, its hard to say his game coaching (disinterest aside) was a glaring weakness when comparing Apples to Apples.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He's got absolutely nothing to lose. Hard to call this play dumb in that light. We don't like it, nor should we, but I fully understand it in context.

yeah lets walk away from 10 million in a situation where no one in the country tries to fire for cause.

two seconds after diaco got paid for being the worst coach in college sports.

makes sense to give up and take nothing because it makes most of the by happy

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
He's got absolutely nothing to lose. Hard to call this play dumb in that light. We don't like it, nor should we, but I fully understand it in context.

Legal fees is the only downside that comes to mind, but I thought I read somewhere on here that he is being represented by a Union lawyer....any truth to that? Is he not responsible for covering legal fees if that's the case?

August_West

Reaction Score
Legal fees is the only downside that comes to mind, but I thought I read somewhere on here that he is being represented by a Union lawyer....any truth to that? Is he not responsible for covering legal fees if that's the case?

I would assume he is being represented on contingency. But thats just an assumption

Reaction Score
yeah lets walk away from 10 million in a situation where no one in the country tries to fire for cause.

Finally, you agree with us.

Reaction Score

Did Diaco commit NCAA violations?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
If he’s trying to win through PR he’s in rough shape because I barely even care about this crap anymore, which means nobody outside of CT would even blink at this headline. Whatever he ends up with through litigation or a settlement, good for him. Time to move on though.

And thanks for your continued efforts Chief. I know your patience has been tested by KO and his legal team, but you’re the Fort Knox of this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom