UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

Live look at Greg Sankey:

Austin Powers Evil Laugh GIF

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Sorry, not a key tweet, but Hanky Sankey has me thinking he mentioned 70 on purpose. After sniffing some glue, I've come to realize what he really meant to say was "I've studied it a lot, and I come back with the SEC wants to be part of a super league of about 40 teams that we're tyring to make happen. Sorry, not sorry, that your school probably can't join us."

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It's not so much the greed, but the complete and utter distain, entirely unmasked, for the rest of college football. Maybe it's justified, but be a little more subtle about it. I had a mentor who used to say never admit that you "won" any negotiation. It will just motivate the other side for the next time you do a deal together.
These guys (ahem the SEC and perhaps the B1G), can't possibly lose enough OOC games for me.

Unless they extend UConn an invite, then I'll will get in line with their imperial powers.

But until then, please non P2 world, beat whomever - whenever.

Reaction Score
These guys (ahem the SEC and perhaps the B1G), can't possibly lose enough OOC games for me.

Unless they extend UConn an invite, then I'll will get in line with their imperial powers.

But until then, please non P2 world, beat whomever - whenever.
Looked at OOC games for Ohio St and Bama this year
Akron Marshall west Michigan-tOSU
W Ky, So Fl, Mercer, Wi-Alabama

Out of those 7 OOC opponents, who had a real chance beating Bama or tOSU? Wisconsin? So Fl??

Will non P2’s even have a chance to get on the schedule in the dystopian future P2 FB World?

Reaction Score
Looked at OOC games for Ohio St and Bama this year
Akron Marshall west Michigan-tOSU
W Ky, So Fl, Mercer, Wi-Alabama

Out of those 7 OOC opponents, who had a real chance beating Bama or tOSU? Wisconsin? So Fl??

Will non P2’s even have a chance to get on the schedule in the dystopian future P2 FB World?
I don't think it matters because there are bottom feeders in the P2 leagues. Sure they are better than the teams you listed (for the most part), but whether you're "only" 20x worse than Ohio State or Alabama instead of 100x is immaterial other than maybe moving some betting lines by a few points.

Reaction Score
I don't think it matters because there are bottom feeders in the P2 leagues. Sure they are better than the teams you listed (for the most part), but whether you're "only" 20x worse than Ohio State or Alabama instead of 100x is immaterial other than maybe moving some betting lines by a few points.
So in the revenue/eyeball world it won’t matter if Bama plays Mercer or Vandy as long as W is the result

Reaction Score
Yes, they will. Here's why. The P2 schools are not going to sign up for a full P2 schedule that results in more losses than they are used to. The most successful P2 schools built their fanbases by winning games over years and when they start to lose games and have tough seasons, the fans start to dwindle. Look at FSU as a case in point. Plus, the big P2 schools are not going to go for only 6 home games as losing a home game is a big hit to their bottom lines. Finally, individual state legislatures will get involved in scheduling if the P2s drop playing instate nonP2 schools.

I would think Washington will continue to play Washington St., Oregon will continue to play Oregon St., UCLA will continue to play Cal, Florida will continue to play FSU, South Carolina will continue to play Clemson, Georgia will continue to play Georgia Tech, .....

Reaction Score
It's not so much the greed, but the complete and utter distain, entirely unmasked, for the rest of college football. Maybe it's justified, but be a little more subtle about it.
They don't have to be subtle. They have the power. The stupid thing is thinking they won't do it

Edit: why don't you believe them when they told you what they want to do

Reaction Score
They don't have to be subtle. They have the power. The stupid thing is thinking they won't do it

Edit: why don't you believe them when they told you what they want to do
Not being subtle is moronic on their part.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Antitrust courts and agencies being what they are right now, yes indeed. They can get themselves into trouble easily.
The question is do they have enough legislative throw weight to counterbalance any blowback. I suspect the answer is yes, for a number of reasons, including the fact that football matters in some states more than others.

Reaction Score
The question is do they have enough legislative throw weight to counterbalance any blowback. I suspect the answer is yes, for a number of reasons, including the fact that football matters in some states more than others.
I don't think the P2 has the legislative weight. Why? Look at each of the states and count the number of P2 vs non-P2 schools. In Texas, there are 2 P2 schools and 10 non-P2 schools. In Florida, there is 1 P2 school and 6 non-P2 schools. In Ohio, there is 1 P2 school and 7 non-P2 schools. In Georgia, there is 1 P2 school and 4 non-P2 schools. In California, there are 2 P2 schools and 4 non-P2 schools. etc,... Look at the student populations of Florida schools:

P2: 56k
non-P2: 236k

Based on those numbers, do you think politicians are going to side with P2 schools and diminish the majority of schools in their states? No way.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't think the P2 has the legislative weight. Why? Look at each of the states and count the number of P2 vs non-P2 schools. In Texas, there are 2 P2 schools and 10 non-P2 schools. In Florida, there is 1 P2 school and 6 non-P2 schools. In Ohio, there is 1 P2 school and 7 non-P2 schools. In Georgia, there is 1 P2 school and 4 non-P2 schools. In California, there are 2 P2 schools and 4 non-P2 schools. etc,... Look at the student populations of Florida schools:

P2: 56k
non-P2: 236k

Based on those numbers, do you think politicians are going to side with P2 schools and diminish the majority of schools in their states? No way.
List the schools, and then reevaluate in terms of intensity of fan support. Your analysis is legislators will act in support of G5 schools. In my opinion, they will do nothing so that they will not alienate the P2 schools fans. Taking action puts them at risk. Doing nothing does not.

Reaction Score
List the schools, and then reevaluate in terms of intensity of fan support. Your analysis is legislators will act in support of G5 schools. In my opinion, they will do nothing so that they will not alienate the P2 schools fans. Taking action puts them at risk. Doing nothing does not.
Not just G5, P4s not in the P2. Think FSU, Miami, TCU, Baylor, TTech, Oklahoma State. They'd all be cooked.

CL82

Reaction Score
Not just G5, P4s not in the P2. Think FSU, Miami, TCU, Baylor, TTech, Oklahoma State. They'd all be cooked.
Yeah, but the point is are you going to take sides between the halves and the have nots? For every G8 (because the P5's not in the P2 are effectively relegated, right?), that you take up the sword for you would be alienating the fans of a P2 school. Politicians won't do that. It makes far more sense just to be silent and stay on the sidelines.

Now, you can argue in states like Connecticut or Massachusetts that politician wouldn't have a counterbalancing interest, but here they'll stay on the sidelines because people aren't passionate enough about football for them to jump in the fray. And in states like Maine, no one will care whatsoever.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but the point is are you going to take sides between the halves and the have nots? For every G8 (because the P5's not in the P2 are effectively relegated, right?), that you take up the sword for you would be alienating the fans of a P2 school. Politicians won't do that. It makes far more sense just to be silent and stay on the sidelines.

Now, you can argue in states like Connecticut or Massachusetts that politician wouldn't have a counterbalancing interest, but here they'll stay on the sidelines because people aren't passionate enough about football for them to jump in the fray. And in states like Maine, no one will care whatsoever.
I disagree. Politicians have gotten involved in the past, Governor Richards on behalf of Baylor, Blumenthal for us.

I think in this case you might see it on steroids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom