Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 933 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I'm calling a BE flip 2.0 for Boise and SDSU. Just like it was a "done deal" with them going to the BE years ago, I think it's going to end up being a "done deal" with the PAC until they decide to flip back to the MW. Those MW teams have to be questioning their choice.....
Why? Yes, things have not gone exactly according to plan, but the group in the PAC 7 are a much better and much more appealing group than the remnant MWC. I’m sure they’re bummed about losing out on Texas State, but let’s not pretend Texas State is a premium brand because demand for them is high - if they were, they would have already been in a conference.

Reaction Score
Why? Yes, things have not gone exactly according to plan, but the group in the PAC 7 are a much better and much more appealing group than the remnant MWC. I’m sure they’re bummed about losing out on Texas State, but let’s not pretend Texas State is a premium brand because demand for them is high - if they were, they would have already been in a conference.

Their issue is their remaining target schools can’t afford to pay a buyout. And they aren’t so good that it’s worth the debt. Plus they have a pile of money and everyone has their hand out.

Reaction Score
Their issue is their remaining target schools can’t afford to pay a buyout. And they aren’t so good that it’s worth the debt. Plus they have a pile of money and everyone has their hand out.
Just grab New Mexico State and call it a day I say. No need for an expensive buyout and they're in the footprint.

Reaction Score
Just grab New Mexico State and call it a day I say. No need for an expensive buyout and they're in the footprint.
If they were considering NM State as a possibility, they would have gone for UTEP? 40 miles apart but in a way bigger city, higher ranked school with more history and a better stadium, part of one of the top university systems in the US.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Yeah, I get that. They’re in a bit of a bind. Still a way better set of prospects together than back with the leftovers and UTEP

Reaction Score
If they were considering NM State as a possibility, they would have gone for UTEP? 40 miles apart but in a way bigger city, higher ranked school with more history and a better stadium, part of one of the top university systems in the US.
But if they are off to the Mountain West cause the MWC offered them better terms, go get NMSU. There really isn't a game changer school they can add for all sports, so might as well grab a state school in your footprint.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah, I get that. They’re in a bit of a bind. Still a way better set of prospects together than back with the leftovers and UTEP

There's precedent for what to do when you're in a bind and behind. Just gotta be willin' to bet your soul against gold.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Isn't Tarleton in the middle of upgrading as we speak (could have sworn I read more than a year ago that they were making the move). This fell into place nicely for them.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Texas State is on the clock. They have an offer from MWC and "interest" from PAC-12. My guess is the interest from PAC 12 is an offer with major concessions.

Surprised MWC is going after an FCS school vs. just grabbing NMSU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom