Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 935 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Youll Be Back Michael Sheen GIF by Prodigal Son
Soprattutto con l'imminente UConn all'ACC

Reaction Score

The football only super league. Includes all FBS schools organized into 2 conferences. UConn in the “group of 8” conference but starting in the second year and every year thereafter, the top teams in that conference would be “promoted” and play in the “group of 12” conference. Unclear how that works. No relegation for the top teams.

Most importantly, “an overwhelming majority of the revenue — 94 percent — would be distributed to Power 12 programs, with the remaining 6 percent going to the Group of 8.” Nice to be included at all but oof can they be any greedier with those proportions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At some point cooler heads will prevail and the MWC and Npac will merge. There may be some folks demoted to CUSA or sun belt, but this Mexican standoff in the NW is just so odd. Otherwise we’re literally looking at schools like Sam Houston state, Sacramento state and tarleton state getting invites because they’ve got a pulse. Honestly, there like 2 dudes picking up the last girls at a bar on a Sunday night at this stage.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you are joking, but I kind of thought similar.

I'm really hoping this is a sign that we are close with one or more options. Otherwise, I'm not sure why UConn would say no when we don't even know if they were offered. Why not take this all the way to the goal line and then say no if something else materializes. Even then, they must know about the Charlie Brown metaphor. Why cut off any potential option considering how many times we've been left at the altar.
...because, we need to show strength to respective suitors. Imagine we think we are in a strong position - how many times have we been over-confident on this issue and then Louisville or SMU or freaking anybody U gets the nod and we sit back bandaging our wounds as we wear our cone of shame. So maybe - just maybe this time around, we use the PAC-12 get our name out there. Show interest - get some more folks talking about us... Before the conversation gets too serious - we balk. we leave knowing we were not a fit knowing they may have been using us to get more attention themselves... but now we broke it off before they did. To me it doesn't matter because in truth - us in the PAC-12 is as sensible as UConn building a home stadium on an Alaskan island. Staying independent short term is no worse than joining the PAC-12. In fact we don't have to see if the AD can get clauses in a contract to let us out should a better conference come calling.

Reaction Score

The football only super league. Includes all FBS schools organized into 2 conferences. UConn in the “group of 8” conference but starting in the second year and every year thereafter, the top teams in that conference would be “promoted” and play in the “group of 12” conference. Unclear how that works. No relegation for the top teams.

Most importantly, “an overwhelming majority of the revenue — 94 percent — would be distributed to Power 12 programs, with the remaining 6 percent going to the Group of 8.” Nice to be included at all but oof can they be any greedier with those proportions.
While I assume a voluntary organization can mostly set their own rules, Congress does control their tax exempt status. I'd like to hear a good argument how major D1 sports, with conference that are coast to coast still deserve tax exempt status.

Reaction Score
If you look closely, they put Navy in the Group of 12 East and completely left out Army and Air Force. I think you would put UConn in Group of 12 East and put Army, Air Force, and Navy in the Group of 8.

Personally, I don't think this works as it undercuts the SEC and Big 10 and no way those schools are going to share revenues and lose a home game like the plan suggests.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Navy looks stupid as hell in that spot. That’s us.

Reaction Score

Though the possibility of UConn joining the Pac-12 as a football-only complement was explored last week, this will not happen. UConn sources, requesting anonymity, told The Courant the university doesn’t consider this the right fit at this time.

So UConn, for the moment, will remain independent in football, in a season in which it has shown significant competitive improvement, and a member of the Big East in basketball and most other sports. UConn’s long-held ambition is to join one of the power conferences. Talks with the Big 12 were paused last month.

Reaction Score
The Memphis AD, Ed Scott, said Memphis did not pass on the Pac-12 but instead passed on the deal presented. Mentioned AAC exit fees and the speculative media rights numbers.

Wouldn’t be shocked if that was our position too. Really nothing would shock me in conference realignment. If I hear tomorrow that the Big 10 and the SEC have agreed to merge with the NHL I wouldn’t be shocked.

Reaction Score
The PAC-12 should extend an invitation to the University of New Mexico. A history of mediocre football, and so-so academics, but a state flagship with geographic proximity and halfway decent basketball, both men's and women's.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
The PAC-12 should extend an invitation to the University of New Mexico. A history of mediocre football, and so-so academics, but a state flagship with geographic proximity and halfway decent basketball, both men's and women's.
Didn't they just sign a MWC GOR?

Reaction Score
I still don't get how this is legal. Is it not an oligopoly? It sounds like OPEC.

The other conferences and Notre Dame signed off on it in order to have the current 12 team playoff and revenue distributions set up as it is now.

Reaction Score
The other conferences and Notre Dame signed off on it in order to have the current 12 team playoff and revenue distributions set up as it is now.
Right because they colluded and threatened to leave...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom