Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 936 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score

Ha. Well if it happens then I'd have been COMPLETELY WRONG.
Makes no sense to me. Why not just add Liberty (if not for the fact that they're wackadoodle, they're just as far as Hawaii and much better in FB with big aspirations.

Reaction Score
The Big West has a very small footprint. I don't know anything about the situation but I bet that is a big factor for Hawaii. They probably bus it to a bunch of away games and then fly home. They way things are going, Hawaii could probably open a satellite branch in Rodondo near the departed Vincent's old place where the athletes could live and study.

BigW.JPG

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
What I think the MW should do:

Add Hawaii (get to 8)
Add Tarleton State (get to 9 and block CUSA from replenishing)
Add St. Mary’s, Grand Canyon, and San Francsicso to get to 12 basketball schools.

Should be a 2-bid league and the three basketball schools can share one of the ten TV shares.

Keeps the league at 9 which is perfect for football.

Reaction Score
The replenishing pool never empties.

And with Del and MoSt joining next year, the league will still have 11 schools.

All this does is hurt the other non-power schools. The more schools there are, the less money each school gets from the CFP revenue distributions. The best thing that can happen to these lower end FBS schools is for one conference to disappear and those schools be distributed to the other conferences. Instead, what we have are conferences being raided and saving themselves by inviting FCS schools to join them and the FCS schools take the bait because of the media payouts. If Sacramento State or Tarleton State start receiving CFP money, that is less money that will go to Wyoming, Louisiana, Miami Ohio, etc.

Reaction Score
What I think the MW should do:

Add Hawaii (get to 8)
Add Tarleton State (get to 9 and block CUSA from replenishing)
Add St. Mary’s, Grand Canyon, and San Francsicso to get to 12 basketball schools.

Should be a 2-bid league and the three basketball schools can share one of the ten TV shares.

Keeps the league at 9 which is perfect for football.
The new TV deal would likely end up with the 1/3 split to those hoops schools as a decline or at best flat with the WCC’s deal. Plus travel is much worse in the new MWC. Lots of smaller/expensive to reach airports.

Reaction Score
I checked and that wasn't it. Ill look again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom