Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 862 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh I’m not an insider. But I also live in Big 12 country. And I definitely heard something. It’s not specific enough to believe. At first I thought it was just an echo from last summer but it’s been since then…

I prefer the ACC by the way. Which still seems more likely to me.

With all of this churn do you really think the schilling is sitting on its hands monitoring the situation?
I hope AD David Benedict isn't pulling a Warde Manuel and has gone into full monitoring mode. he seems more productive than that.

We've just been burned so much by this process that I find it more sensible to keep a healthy skepticism. Still, it's always good to hear there are rumblings.

I have to say I am pretty ambivalent about the choice between the big 12 and the ACC, especially considering that, as far as I am aware, we don't have an offer from either. The ACC is a better geographic fit with some historic rivalries and some good basketball schools, plus football teams that we can potentially compete with.

That said, I'm not sure what will be left after the ACC gets gutted. I think the big 12 is likely to be the more stable conference, ironically enough, because it doesn't seem like anybody really wants their members.

Both conferences have yanked us around so, truth be told, I hate them both. Still, I would be grateful for a membership invite to either. Any port will do in a storm, I guess.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In case any idiots still don’t get why we have to get out of the Big East asap
Absolutely! As an institution we have to show the intestinal fortitude to make the hard decisions that will ensure our continued athletics success in the future!

(Um, Now we just need a place to go...)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Oh I’m not an insider. But I also live in Big 12 country. And I definitely heard something. It’s not specific enough to believe. At first I thought it was just an echo from last summer but it’s been since then…

I prefer the ACC by the way. Which still seems more likely to me.

With all of this churn do you really think the schilling is sitting on its hands monitoring the situation?

You really should have created a sock for this.

Reaction Score
You really should have created a sock for this.

Nah. Just because someone is talking to someone doesn’t mean anything will happen.

There is just no way that everyone in the G5 isn’t blowing up phones in the Big 12 and ACC.

Reaction Score
I hope AD David Benedict isn't pulling a Warde Manuel and has gone into full monitoring mode. he seems more productive than that.

We've just been burned so much by this process that I find it more sensible to keep a healthy skepticism. Still, it's always good to hear there are rumblings.

I have to say I am pretty ambivalent about the choice between the big 12 and the ACC, especially considering that, as far as I am aware, we don't have an offer from either. The ACC is a better geographic fit with some historic rivalries and some good basketball schools, plus football teams that we can potentially compete with.

That said, I'm not sure what will be left after the ACC gets gutted. I think the big 12 is likely to be the more stable conference, ironically enough, because it doesn't seem like anybody really wants their members.

Both conferences have yanked us around so, truth be told, I hate them both. Still, I would be grateful for a membership invite to either. Any port will do in a storm, I guess.

Ok not reading all that. Sounds nice.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nah. Just because someone is talking to someone doesn’t mean anything will happen.

There is just no way that everyone in the G5 isn’t blowing up phones in the Big 12 and ACC.

What new has happened? FSU and Clemson want to get out of the ACC. Good for them. The SEC does not want or need them, and the Big 10 is never going to offer full share memberships again, especially to two schools that do not have other options. Maybe they will get more than they did in the ACC, but at the cost of a schedule that their fans don't care about.

Reaction Score
What new has happened? FSU and Clemson want to get out of the ACC. Good for them. The SEC does not want or need them, and the Big 10 is never going to offer full share memberships again, especially to two schools that do not have other options. Maybe they will get more than they did in the ACC, but at the cost of a schedule that their fans don't care about.

They will get out, along with another.

The ACC will attempt to announce a new slate. The Big 12 will disrupt that.

Reaction Score

That’s where ESPN comes in. Do they want to build the Big 12 or save the ACC?

Reaction Score

I would not be one bit surprised if we receive a double nutsack nunchuck with news about Benedict and Mora at some point.

Colorado & Arizona State - that would make the B1G once again a contiguous conference, coast-2-coast, like butter & toast. Likely or not, doesn't matter. The kicks will keep on coming. Utah, Kansas, Oklahoma State could also be targets for the P2.

Reaction Score

I just don't see how the ACC survives when FSU, Clemson and UNC leave. The Big XII will be ready to add brands and then there's not much left. I know we're going to finally get into the ACC and it'll just be a worse football conference than the AAC was with a possibility of marginally better basketball

Reaction Score
I just don't see how the ACC survives when FSU, Clemson and UNC leave. The Big XII will be ready to add brands and then there's not much left. I know we're going to finally get into the ACC and it'll just be a worse football conference than the AAC was with a possibility of marginally better basketball

Get ready for the red wedding.

Reaction Score
I would not be one bit surprised if we receive a double nutsack nunchuck with news about Benedict and Mora at some point.

Colorado & Arizona State - that would make the B1G once again a contiguous conference, coast-2-coast, like butter & toast. Likely or not, doesn't matter. The kicks will keep on coming. Utah, Kansas, Oklahoma State could also be targets for the P2.

Nope.

Utah is ahead of everyone in that crew.

I think that could really put kink in Yorkmark’s “plans”.

Reaction Score
I originally had Utah, Colorado, Az State but only 2 would be required to get coast to coast. I think all 3 have legitimate football value even if they stay in the Big 12. Florida and Texas are more valuable states, of course, but Texas and TAMU are off the table.

I doubt the care one iota about being contiguous

Reaction Score
Nope.

Utah is ahead of everyone in that crew.

I think that could really put kink in Yorkmark’s “plans”.
I originally had Utah, Colorado, Az State but only 2 would be required to get coast to coast. I think all 3 have legitimate football value even if they stay in the Big 12. Florida and Texas are more valuable states, of course, but Texas and TAMU are off the table.
What's the fascination people have with Utah? And why do they have such a big ego? I really don't get it
I don't know if it's fascination, but the Utes do check all the boxes. All 4 corners schools do.

Reaction Score

I don't know if it's fascination, but the Utes do check all the boxes. All 4 corners schools do.

Utah is head and shoulders above everyone in the Big 12.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
What's the fascination people have with Utah? And why do they have such a big ego? I really don't get it
I understand why people are fascinated with Utah to the Big10. They are AAU, have a good, Big10 like football program and, from 2010-2020, they were the fastest growing state by percentage. They just might be the most valuable program in the Big12. At least top 3 if not #1.

With all that being said, they don’t really excite me all that much. Would I go bat crap crazy if they join? Nope, but they don’t excite me at all.

Reaction Score

Gawd...to be so unconnected to football reality.

Do you think FSU fans relish playing Boston College, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Duke, Virginia, Pitt, Cal, Stanford, SMU..etc ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom