Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 761 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Pepsi would be on the outside of the All Coke Conference. Fanta Orange would make it in.

Ganya Otangr is a bazillion times better than Pepsi. So is RC Cola.

Pepsi is marginally better than Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Will Army join for all sports or just football? If all sports, this is very bad for our FB independence.

Reaction Score
Army will remain in the Patriot League with Navy.

Both would be FB-only members of the American.

Reaction Score
We are a brand. More of one than Oregon State or Washington State.
We and they have to align with the best brands still on the outside.
UConn basketball is a brand. It got you an affiliation with a bunch of non-peer schools in the new Big East. Some UConn fans are ecstatic about that arrangement, and some aren't.

As regards football, you don't have a brand, you have a reputation. So did Yugo. An 0-2 start and losing to the likes of Georgia State burnishes that reputation.

There's no such thing as a free lunch. If UConn aspires to join a more balanced power conference, it'll first need to demonstrate consistent success in a lesser conference. And that is apparently unacceptable to those of you who think that no lesser conference is good enough for UConn -- that UConn somehow deserves better. Imagine trying to climb a ladder with no bottom or lower rungs.

Reaction Score
Will Army join for all sports or just football? If all sports, this is very bad for our FB independence.
It would be football only, but why would where Army plays Basketball matter to the football independence? The issue is if Army plays football in conference it has fewer available dates for UConn. I think UConn would still be attractive to Army as an opponent, but fewer openings means fewer opportunities.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To the extent we have a chance at all it is as someone's "+1" and probably only in the big 12. Frankly, I'm not holding my breath.

Reaction Score
You are correct, hindsight is 20/20. Basketball and football were both dying in the AAC and there was no way either program was turning it around in the AAC Gulag.
Which is one of the big reasons for the B12 not to be interested: FB stinks and MCBB only succeeds in the BgE.

Reaction Score
We're a brand in something that doesn't move the needle.
Money moves the needle - plain and simple.

March Madness makes a ton of money - it largely finances the NCAA. In 2022, the NCAA had March Madness revenues of $1.14B.

Can March Madness money be controlled like CFP money? You want BB to move the needle?
Is this a way to do it?

We definitely get a seat at that table and we would have done pretty well financially this year. People argue that the NCAA would not be able to finance other sports or D II or D III athletics generally without March Madness revenue. Why is the burden on BB to do so? BB would definitely move the needle if March Madness revenue was distributed akin to how CFP money is distributed. Further, nothing would root out the smug under performers in various conferences faster than getting access to March Madness revenues. If you have a dud member that is a chronic "taker", (Oh, who could that be?) UConn would be an attractive replacement solely because of BB. Just think about the discussions concerning UConn joining a conference. "Yea, they are working at rebuilding football right now, but they have been the most successful team and biggest earner in BB for the last 25 years."

Reaction Score
Which is one of the big reasons for the B12 not to be interested: FB stinks and MCBB only succeeds in the BgE.
Sure, football stinks today. I'd argue both programs succeed when they play in a good relevant conference we care about.

UConn basketball is a brand. It got you an affiliation with a bunch of non-peer schools in the new Big East. Some UConn fans are ecstatic about that arrangement, and some aren't.

As regards football, you don't have a brand, you have a reputation. So did Yugo. An 0-2 start and losing to the likes of Georgia State burnishes that reputation.

There's no such thing as a free lunch. If UConn aspires to join a more balanced power conference, it'll first need to demonstrate consistent success in a lesser conference. And that is apparently unacceptable to those of you who think that no lesser conference is good enough for UConn -- that UConn somehow deserves better. Imagine trying to climb a ladder with no bottom or lower rungs.
"the likes of Georgia State?" Granted UConn played lousy, but Georgia State is a solid Sun Belt program which even beat the Vols a few years back.

Reaction Score
It would be football only, but why would where Army plays Basketball matter to the football independence? The issue is if Army plays football in conference it has fewer available dates for UConn. I think UConn would still be attractive to Army as an opponent, but fewer openings means fewer opportunities.

I was asking not for Olympic sports, but for our own football program.

If football only, could we ask too? Would we want to do that? Would they even take our call, lol? In this crazy world of realignment I would give it a shot. I believe we offered that possibility to the AAC before and they said no, but things have changed dramatically.

Reaction Score

Gfy- what had SU proved in 2011 or since? How about LV in 2012? You need to stop doing self- colonoscopies now...

Reaction Score
Gfy- what had SU proved in 2011 or since? How about LV in 2012? You need to stop doing self- colonoscopies now...
I agree with you on sentence one. Sentence two, both of them have accomplished much more than us to that point and since as well. However that had nothing to do with why they were added. We were c-blocked, and Warde and Sue did not navigate that era so great.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
If UConn aspires to join a more balanced power conference, it'll first need to demonstrate consistent success in a lesser conference.
You mean like going 50-37 over a 7 year period that coincided with bowl appearances including a BCS bowl? Yeah, success established. What’s the next bull**** excuse?

Reaction Score
Wow, it seems like you guys are impressed by UConn's 50-37 football success and a bowl game over some unspecified seven-year period, whenever that was. If you think a record like that is sufficient to attract the attention of a power conference, then bless your hearts.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wow, it seems like you guys are impressed by UConn's 50-37 football success and a bowl game over some unspecified seven-year period, whenever that was. If you think a record like that is sufficient to attract the attention of a power conference, then bless your hearts.

I kind of understood fans from other schools showing up on this board and chiming in over the spring and summer during one of the biggest realignment moves ever. Are you, someone with adult kids, really trolling UConn’s board now when nothing is going to happen on the realignment front for years at the earliest? That is just weird.

Reaction Score
I kind of understood fans from other schools showing up on this board and chiming in over the spring and summer during one of the biggest realignment moves ever. Are you, someone with adult kids, really trolling UConn’s board now when nothing is going to happen on the realignment front for years at the earliest? That is just weird.
I've gotten tired of saying it, but i don't understand why these fans of other schools stick around here offering their two cents on everything. I usually read the 1st sentence, check to see the poster name, and about 3 to 5 of them offer the same "canned UConn brings nothing to the table" hot take over and over again, so i don't get past that 1st sentence.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
It's hot garbage, really. The internet is open, and it took all but several clicks to find that the record and bowl games I posted wasn't an unspecified period but coincided shortly thereafter with the ACC's bona fide interest in adding UConn. One would think that after several years of visiting another team's board, ignorance would replaced with knowledge.

Conference realignment is our Kobayashi Maru. I hope UConn, like all good dogs, finds its forever home soon. Until then, I've got Husky threads on this morning and looking for a win today!

Reaction Score
"the likes of Georgia State?" Granted UConn played lousy, but Georgia State is a solid Sun Belt program .
The last 4 years are the programs best ever … they have gone 25-23, 17-15 in conference.
Ga Southern has more of a reputation.

Reaction Score
Maybe not impressive to you
But having that kind of record in a then power conference puts them in the upper percentile of all power conference teams . There are really only 1/2 of the approx 60 programs who are consistently better .. Those are our only years in what is now FSB football conference as we were a good 1AA team prior . We also had a couple decent transition years 6-6 and 9-3 as an Indy FSB school. Two close loses and we got bashed by a led Vick VaTech team .
Even that 6-6 team finished with a Rout of Navy 38-0 and a win at a bowl eligible Iowa State . 34-21
That’s 9 years of success and we were relegated ,we thought , unfairly.
It’s pretty hard to remain competitive with a close to nothing media contract , playing schools we had little or no history with but to be fair we made some bad hires . We point to those years as that was the window we were playing on a level playing field .You can write
off that conference but every member except us an USF are in P5 conference with programs whose ranks include 2-3 teams who were in lesser conferences then.
Thank you for your interest in UConn sports . I hope I have left you with more empathy for our fanbase

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom