Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 686 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Nah, he’s a a dick and a fraud. And he’ll continue hearing it from myself and others as long as he keeps trolling here. He’s made a mockery of my fellow UConn diehards like you that have hope, and I can’t forgive him for that. It shouldn’t take much of a spine to call out losers on a message board, but so many people are scared for some reason. If he was a twitter rando instead of a profile on this website, people would be hurling insults like they do to all the fake insiders over there.

Also the ignore feature makes threads unreadable, so I’d rather not have that forced on me.
I get your point. I been following this very closely, and things he has said can be true.

It is possible he got good information, and things changed at the last minute.

The ASU/Arizona/Utah to the B12 literally happened Friday morning when Oregon and Washington decided to screw over rest of their conference mates. There is no way he or his insider contact could have seen that. If the schools signed the PAC media deal, we would be in the B12 right now. You simply can't say he is fraud based on that.

Reaction Score
Never say never but the odds of Stanford joining the B12 is less than 1%
Desperation can make people do alot of things.

Stanford got plenty of money so extra $30M won't make much of a difference.

The best thing for Stanford would be to join my other Alma mater Santa Clara U in the WCC like BYU did, and go indy in football. We can schedule them if we don't get our B12 invite.

Reaction Score
The Scheer info and Mhver tweets are legit. ESPN the driving force. I'm done. This sucks. ACC will be the P3 when the Big 12 implodes in 2030.
If this is true, then it's over for UConn and the B12. I already hate ESPiN with a passion for what they did to the Big East and UConn, and this will add to that.

B12 can forget about the national conference. This really sucks for the B12 and UConn.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You know there is a world where he actually received info that was just wrong. And the only one who would be the dick in that situation is you. How can you unequivocally call him a fraud? I agree with the other poster. The hostility is a little over the top.
Anyone with knowledge of the inner workings of the B12 would’ve known their plan was to take the 4 corner schools all along. His initial story about Colorado, then UConn, was so incredibly off base it was obviously fraudulent. Then he insisted the B12 wouldn’t take Utah, which ended up being wrong too. Shouldn’t he have known his source was bad after the first mess up? Why continue feeding us bad information?

Reaction Score
ASU President Said FSU is working on getting a privately funded college football network, Big News,
Couz discusses at 7:30 in this video

If this is successful it would mean that universities could avoid dealing with ESPN and Fox altogether and keep the money themselves. Let's see what happens. Given that JP Morgan is in the picture, things are possible. Unless this is just another way FSU can put pressure on ESPN.

GG

Reaction Score
Big XII doesn’t want Gonzaga. Big East doesn’t even want Gonzaga. That was all nonsense.

Basketball is undervalued, but a tiny school in Spokane is still a tiny school in Spokane. The untapped value is international and severing it from football.
In addition tot he decoupling of the contract, Yormark also believes having the best bball teams protects the Big 12 when the SEC and Big make their kove to break away.

GG

Reaction Score
There are only two schools worth taking, Stanford and UConn. Everyone else will dilute the next contract.
The question is are the presidents on the same page as Yormark.

GG

Reaction Score
The Scheer info and Mhver tweets are legit. ESPN the driving force. I'm done. This sucks. ACC will be the P3 when the Big 12 implodes in 2030.
So you are saying B12 is looking west and not at us?

Reaction Score
Is there any chance the ACC could work around the GOR by agreeing to mutually split with a member? I don't even know if such a thing would be possible, but on paper a school like Louisville would seem to fit better in the Big 12, and I'm not sure the ACC would miss them all that much. Moving forward, I wouldn't even be surprised to see team for team swaps in non-p2 leagues where the money is comparable but the travel is not.

Such a maneuver would in theory open up at least two spots for UConn.
But UConn would need at least 3 spots, if not more.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Some interesting things can be done to improve the ACCs situation. I think revising the distribution model to with weighting performance, revenue generation, and reinvestment factors. Consider basketball onlies, also with a weighted distribution model. Or potential BE merger.
Why though? If they make those changes will FSU and Clemson not leave at the first opportunity they have to go to one of the P2? Even with those changes they will be making less money than P2 schools.

So, if nothing the ACC can reasonably do will appease them, why take steps that will alienate the remaining schools?

CL82

Reaction Score
Is there any chance the ACC could work around the GOR by agreeing to mutually split with a member?
They could, but why would they? For the moment at least, there is safety in numbers in that it dilutes the impact of exiting members.

CL82

Reaction Score
I would not worry much about anything Mhver had to say.

GG

Reaction Score
I would not worry much about anything Mhver had to say.
Unfortunately, much of his information has been accurate. To me Greg Flugar provides the most accurate information, but you cannot completely discount Mhver.

CL82

Reaction Score
Lol what happened to you? You are so broken and bitter these days. Please tell me it's not the Cooley thing. You really need to get over it.

Reaction Score
There are only two schools worth taking, Stanford and UConn. Everyone else will dilute the next contract.
If this is true, then it's over for UConn and the B12. I already hate ESPiN with a passion for what they did to the Big East and UConn, and this will add to that.

B12 can forget about the national conference. This really sucks for the B12 and UConn.
Sucks for WVU, Cinci and UCF. They will be the step children of the league

Reaction Score
As previously mentioned, why on Earth would ESPN/Fox take SDSU or any remaining PAC4 school into a P4 conference? They can quite literally buy the rights to a merged PAC/MW frankenstein conference for pennies.
And why SD over Stanford.

Reaction Score
Could the Scheer tweet be bad info leaked purposesly to get more money for MWC/PAC merger? Clearly the beavers and the Aztecs are two of the better teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom