Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 626 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
They all want to leave at this point. They just don't want to be the face of "killing the Pac 12". That is a legacy that no University President or Regent wants to have on their headstone. Unfortunately it will happen, it is just a matter of when and how.
I doubt any of them care a whole lot about what is posted about them on the internet. More likely, this is a very hard decision, with potentially serious consequences, in balancing academic reputation and west coast ties versus more certainty of an athletic department future.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I like it, but I think it would’ve happened already. If the Big 12 felt that way, they could’ve played that card right after Colorado joined.
Yeah, but the latest twist (P-12 remaining unified,... possibly) could be enough to push a few B-12 schools towards adding us regardless of what P-12 schools end up doing.

Reaction Score
If Oregon and Washington go to the Big 10, the Big 12 teams who can bolt will obviously bolt. I still think that fact that Yormark wants us more than say, Arizona St., has to mean something. We bring more to the table than a second Arizona school.
I could see Arizona, Utah and us.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Colorado and Arizona make 14. ASU makes 15, right?

If Utah balks, or if the Big XII decides that they're satisfied with BYU giving them presence in the SLC market, they still need another, no?

Edit: Dan and Bobby Hurley in the same conference is too juicy for anyone to pass up, right?
Yes. We’d be 16 in that scenario

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
They should just sign a documentary deal with Netflix or Amazon to allow the cameras and microphones inside of the all of these conference realignment discussions. The viewership and interest in that real time documentary would probably dwarf the interest in their sporting events and could deliver more money than the actual sports media rights deals. :D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Hold fast to your principles Mr. Crow
It Only Takes One Slot Machine GIF by BCSlots.com

Reaction Score
ND, UNC, UVA, FSU, Miami, Clemson all add value. This is further exaggerated by the want to condense the top end of the NCAA down to 2 or 3 conferences. If these 6 can make any amount more in the SEC or B1G, even if an unequal distribution, they seemingly take it as soon as the GOR ends.

The 9 remaining are 100% not stronger than the XII. They all beg the B1G, SEC, and XII for any path to get in, knowing that anyone who doesn't is doomed to the new G5 like Oregon St and Washington St.

But I certainly agree that the ACC should try poaching XII schools before the GOR ends as a last attempt at survival. Just don't think any XII schools answer the call. It seems like the XII is now safe UNLESS/until the B1G and SEC decide to destroy them by purposefully poaching XII teams.
Not sure about Miami.

As for Notre Dame, they have historically turned down bundles of money to do what they do.

The ACC will be earning more money than the B12 soon. We'll see how it al shakes out, but for now the timing is off.

Reaction Score
I said the bolded part earlier and got mocked for it. Why should the State continue to give these crooks hundreds of millions of dollars in tax breaks when they screw the flagship institution at every step of the way? It's disgusting.
Those tax breaks are going right into the pockets of Kansas St and Utah

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
So UConn’s only hope really comes down to the Pac12 staying together completely, or the Big 12 wanting us over Utah?

Both seem pretty unlikely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom