Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 516 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I personally would take a reduced rate, we'd likely be making 4x what we do in the Big East, and we basically make nothing on football with our CBS sports deal, the resources we could pump into every sport immediately with that type of money basketball already owns the Big 12 making significantly less, and it's not like it's a permanent thing never is, if that's what it takes to join the conference I'm down.

It depends how reduced, and for how long. You have to factor in that we would be immediately forfeiting our NCAA shares to the Big East and would owe them a fee for leaving. Add in the extra travel costs and all of a sudden it might not be all that much extra money.

It would probably still be worth it, but if it only ends up being ~$5 million more per year and puts us in a league that everyone knows isn't a great cultural fit, it's something to think about long and hard if it's worth it.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
They want Utah? When they have BYU? Are we serious here?

It's Arizona/Arizona State. And they may come as a package (which would actually be reasonable—double the people).

Mind you, Utah has fewer people living in it than CT...
I really don’t see how Utah is more valuable than Connecticut? It’s a head scratcher to me.

Reaction Score
I really don’t see how Utah is more valuable than Connecticut? It’s a head scratcher to me.
You don't know how a top 10 Utah football team is more valuable than a top 100 (in a good year) UConn football team?

Reaction Score

Many if not most of the southern/midwest fans only care about football. If the PAC implodes we desperately need Yormark to save us a seat at the table. He's our Obi Wan Kenobi AKA our only hope.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Because it's probably the 3rd best football program in the PAC as it is right now. Maybe 2nd. Utah consistently wins. Basketball used to be good too. Do people not remember Rick Majerus?

That said, I don't think they'd move. They have a good opportunity to get Utah State into the PAC.

Reaction Score
Because it's probably the 3rd best football program in the PAC as it is right now. Maybe 2nd. Utah consistently wins. Basketball used to be good too. Do people not remember Rick Majerus?

That said, I don't think they'd move. They have a good opportunity to get Utah State into the PAC.
Utah was good at basketball in the 1990s. Cool.

I know they have a good football program. While everyone says "football drives the bus," it's obviously more complicated than this. Rutgers and Maryland, for instance, are not football powerhouses. Good markets with fanbases is first and foremost. Football matters more than other sports, but I don't understand why a conference would doubledown on a state with a small population.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
You don't know how a top 10 Utah football team is more valuable than a top 100 (in a good year) UConn football team?
Hold your horses there new guy. You're bringing up 2 data points. I'm thinking holistically and long-term -- adding a northeast school in a big, new market to get more games on in the Eastern time slot should be more valuable than Utah (even with their "top 10" football) while they already have the more valuable Utah (and national) school BYU.

Reaction Score
Hold your horses there new guy. You're bringing up 2 data points. I'm thinking holistically and long-term -- adding a northeast school in a big, new market to get more games on in the Eastern time slot should be more valuable than Utah (even with their "top 10" football) while they already have the more valuable Utah (and national) school BYU.
There are arguments both ways (markets vs. matchups), but Utah would immediately be the best football program in the Big XII and raise the league's profile in the sport the networks are putting the money up for.

Reaction Score
This. A reduced rate will calm the masses and allow our football team to grow. I wholeheartedly believe UConn football can be relevant. This is a start.
I’m fine with that for an initial set term. But if that’s the case, UConn shouLd get 100% of the $’ earned in bb tourney money.

Reaction Score
So wherever in my post you see the word "rule" in my post feel free to read it as "establish practiced or normal occurrence."

Hope that helped.
I said normal like 500x. It's common. They don't have to do it. I actually don't know of when it HASN'T been done, but I'm sure that happened at some point.

In any case, I'm sure TCU would love to have their money back. They already took some from Cincy.

Reaction Score

Did you just out yourself as a key tweet?

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom