Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 517 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Did you just out yourself as a key tweet?

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN
No- I’m just on a plane and have limited Wi-Fi. The tweet is quoting Richard Johnson of Split Zone Duo on their private Patreon only feed

Reaction Score
I have to believe that the PAC schools have known Colorado's move was likely coming for a while, I doubt they are surprised. Given that, we have heard very little (non-key tweets aside) about another PAC school joining them, so maybe, just maybe, the rest of the PAC holds, and we are finally going to get our day in the sun before the inevitable alien invasion that will follow shortly after.

Reaction Score
I’d really like to think that while the media pundits, bloggers, and folks like us make it sound like this process changes on a dime from minute to minute, there is actually a more purposeful and determined path behind the scenes.

It’s UConn, nope Gonzaga, nope, Oregon State. Now it’s ARizona. Does it really change that fast?
I’m hopeful that the path is set and that the underlying Colorado, then UConn theory holds.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I said normal like 500x. It's common. They don't have to do it. I actually don't know of when it HASN'T been done, but I'm sure that happened at some point.

In any case, I'm sure TCU would love to have their money back. They already took some from Cincy.
As far as I am aware, there was a reason for every single time a fee was withheld. It wasn't just randomly "we don't feel like paying you everything." For what it's worth, it's been stated publicly that Colorado is getting a full share.

Now, I could see a situation where football joins in 2024 but basketball doesn't join until say 2026. Under that circumstance Connecticut would get less than a full share. Given the relative value of football and basketball in media contracts, it should not be a big number though.

I guess we'll see:

Reaction Score
??

50% is normal.

Its what ever the op schools took to join some of the P2s. But more on point, this is what the G5s took for the 1st year, and they are not fully paid until after the 3rd year.

Again, this is normal.
Cincinnati budgeted $26,000,000 from the conference next year .
That probably includes football playoff revenue , but I doubt they get a share of Basketball revenue .
If I’m correct they are probably getting 2/3 of the current payout
They budgeted about $6+ million this last year .

Reaction Score
Can anyone give a logical explanation for why we’ve heard absolutely nothing about UConn today? Wasn’t the whole logic here that the Big XII would add the two together? Maybe I’m missing something but this seems like a terrible day for us.

Reaction Score
Yo
It obviously depends on how reduced it is. If it's $28mm vs $32mm then whatever. If it's $16mm vs $32mm then that's a different conversation.
u know what’s 4 times better than 4? 16.

Reaction Score
Can anyone give a logical explanation for why we’ve heard absolutely nothing about UConn today? Wasn’t the whole logic here that the Big XII would add the two together? Maybe I’m missing something but this seems like a terrible day for us.
Silence is our friend. Don't listen to the idiots on Twitter, listen to what Yormark has said.

Reaction Score
That was never the logic for anyone but Twitter know it alls.

If UConn were making statements today after the Colorado news, it would be the clearest possible indication we were 100% not making a move to the Big 12.

Reaction Score
Those schools were just added to bring those fans into conversation. Memphis/UNLV/SDSU...those schools aren't going to the B12.
Actually I think it is a deliberate leak by Yormak intending to further destabilize the PAC. Makes it less likely that the G5 schools will want to rescue the PAC.

Reaction Score
I’d really like to think that while the media pundits, bloggers, and folks like us make it sound like this process changes on a dime from minute to minute, there is actually a more purposeful and determined path behind the scenes.

It’s UConn, nope Gonzaga, nope, Oregon State. Now it’s ARizona. Does it really change that fast?
I’m hopeful that the path is set and that the underlying Colorado, then UConn theory holds.
I agree. The information circulating in the media might be changing from minute to minute, and the timing of moves is probably somewhat unpredictable, but huge decisions like adding a member to your conference aren’t just made at the last minute. I understand why nobody here wants to get their hopes up. Still, if the most plausible rumors were always Colorado and UConn as the two Big 12 additions, then I believe this move is solid news for us.

Reaction Score
As far as I am aware, there was a reason for every single time a fee was withheld. It wasn't just randomly "we don't feel like paying you everything." For what it's worth, it's been stated publicly that Colorado is getting a full share.

Now, I could see a situation where football joins in 2024 but basketball doesn't join until say 2026. Under that circumstance Connecticut would get less than a full share. Given the relative value of football and basketball in media contracts, it should not be a big number though.

I guess we'll see:
About the Colorado full share, it could simply be someone repeating what everyone already knows. The networks have guaranteed pro rata to any P5 invite, so in that sense, the conference automatically receives $32m with Colorado's addition.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati budgeted $26,000,000 from the conference next year .
That probably includes football playoff revenue , but I doubt they get a share of Basketball revenue .
If I’m correct they are probably getting 2/3 of the current payout
They budgeted about $6+ million this last year .
It's half for the 1st yr. I know that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom