Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 614 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
The idea that Stanford’s athletic department will be left in the cold is incredible.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Part of me wonders if the B10/SEC will bring the B12 with them when they split? Is it now the P2 or the P3, when the music stops? Has the B12 done enough to be included with the obvious top 2?

Reaction Score
Why would Yormark capitulate on his plan just because the PAC 12 disintegrated? If he wants a national conference, he needs to come east and execute his initial plan. Staying west centric kills the competition, but that is all. So the Big 12 goes past 16. Ultimately conferences are going to 20, look at what the Big 10 might do.
He'll get his east coast schools when the ACC inevitably disintegrates.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
It seems like there is a pinch, just a pinch, more hesitancy about Utah than existed maybe twelve hours ago. Granted, if the B1G dismembers the PAC it’s a moot point, but we will have to see how honest they are about not wanting to blow it up

Reaction Score
The guy who does a podcast from the cab of his truck seemed to think an odd number of teams in a conference works. Was it 15 or 17?

Reaction Score
This is theatre. Utah is going last to preserve the appearance that they are loyal to the PAC. This one is done, unfortunately.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm glad I'm numb to a lot of this now. (Thanks ACC and Louisville.) I just laugh when many of you are begging for someone with the handle GoKU to show up with some "insider knowledge". I've been there with those supposed people back when realignment hit for us after all heck broke loose and Louisville took our spot.

I'm starting to think that it's not the conferences that are making mistakes by not taking us. I think we just aren't desirable for whatever reason. We can win as many NC in men's or women's bball and no one cares. Football can improve and no one cares. Baseball can make regionals and maybe super regionals, and no one cares. I don't get it. None of us get it. But some how we have pissed off someone and made our accomplishments moot to anyone outside CT.

How schools with no athletic success like UCF, Rutgers, or even Cincy, find golden tickets is beyond me. However, CR rule #1 is always in effect and it basically seems that when a spot opens up that we are rumored to be in the running for, it's just that, a rumor.

So for those of you who have never experienced the anger or frustration that goes along with this, welcome to the club. The kick in the nuts really hurts the first time. After that, you get more and more numb and finally just give up much hope.

Reaction Score
I think GoKu was an insider, specifically inside UConn AD. Let’s go easy on him or her when they post again, they too have had a bad week.
He may have had inside information, and was really in the know. But when asked why UConn had to wait to be invited, he had no answer. So, at that point, it was clear that it was not a certainty. Anyway, he is not wrong yet.

Reaction Score
True, but schools do spend their own money to bring in academics who can attract research spending. I imagine this is what they are getting at.
Yes, but they are already trying to do that. Presumably.

GG

Reaction Score
He may have had inside information, and was really in the know. But when asked why UConn had to wait to be invited, he had no answer. So, at that point, it was clear that it was not a certainty. Anyway, he is not wrong yet.
His answer was that the big 12 wanted to give the impression there was only one spot left to incentivize AZ. Whether that was correct, who knows. But that was the answer.

GG

Reaction Score
Nothing Goku has said about what this week would look like has been wrong yet.
I agree. GoKU indicated that the big 12 was waiting on permission to go to 16. Another Twitter poster indicated the same. I obviously do not like everything. I’ve been reading about Utah and Arizona state, but I guess we’re not out until we are out.

Reaction Score
I agree. GoKU indicated that the big 12 was waiting on permission to go to 16. Another Twitter poster indicated the same. I obviously do not like everything. I’ve been reading about Utah and Arizona state, but I guess we’re not out until we are out.
This makes sense, as well as the point of holding off on UConn to incentivize Arizona. But that definitely means his information was not certain. Maybe I missed a post of his that said it will probably happen, but couldn’t be certain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom