Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 505 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Good luck with that surgery. I had both eyes done in the last 2 1/2 years. Not fun but make sure you follow their post-op instructions so the stitches hold.
Good advice, but your avatar is not very comforting. ;)

Reaction Score

According to sources, the Big 12 and commissioner Brett Yormark is now targeting the University of Arizona, which would likely mean an invitation to Arizona State University. The University of Connecticut is another school that has been attached to Big 12 expansion talks, but with the Pac-12 losing members the Big 12’s focus is targeting those universities first.

Curtains. We're out.
IF Arizona, ASU and UC Go...one more would likely be UCONN.

Remember, basketball (women's and men's) , Northeast, Geographical balance, other very competitive sports. UConn also would be likely academically the highest rated flagship public univesity in the conference. What do the top conferences have? (SEC , Big 10) Top 25 flagship state universities.

Reaction Score

According to sources, the Big 12 and commissioner Brett Yormark is now targeting the University of Arizona, which would likely mean an invitation to Arizona State University. The University of Connecticut is another school that has been attached to Big 12 expansion talks, but with the Pac-12 losing members the Big 12’s focus is targeting those universities first.

Curtains. We're out.
Other sources are saying the opposite. Just have to wait and see

GG

Reaction Score

Curtains. We're out.
We are going to need a GoKU intervention soon.

Reaction Score
Heard back from my person inside the athletic department. I’m not going to use the exact words given to me, but I will paraphrase. Anyone going to Vegas in the next few days should bet their mortgage on UConn going to the B12. Cautioned it could be a few tho before it’s announced (days, not minutes or months). I trust this person because they would be kept in the loop about this given their position. Props to @GoKU. He has been spot on and someone y’all should follow and listen to.

Reaction Score
Heard back from my person inside the athletic department. I’m not going to use the exact words given to me, but I will paraphrase. Anyone going to Vegas in the next few days should bet their mortgage on UConn going to the B12. Cautioned it could be a few tho before it’s announced (days, not minutes or months). I trust this person because they would be kept in the loop about this given their position. Props to @GoKU. He has been spot on and someone y’all should follow and listen to.
I want to believe you guys. My worry is why UConn is keeping their alleged invite under wraps while Colorado schedules a press conference today. If UConn is in why no press conference?

Reaction Score
I want to believe you guys. My worry is why UConn is keeping their alleged invite under wraps while Colorado schedules a press conference today. If UConn is in why no press conference?
It’s because you’re smart. You should take anything you read on here with a grain of salt until it’s official. Agreements can always fall apart at the 11th hour.

GG

Reaction Score
I believe the UConn board of directors announced the move back to the big east the same day the board voted on it. If Colorado has not even held a public vote yet, I cannot imagine uconn is in a position to do anything at this point.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We are going to need a GoKU intervention soon.
It's amazing how much faith you guys have in a random poster who was never here before. It could just be a burner account of mine for all you know (it isn't).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

There could be dozens of reasons. Maybe Yormark doesn't want us stepping on Colorado's announcement out of respect to them, maybe we need to get our ducks in a row with the Big East, maybe our invite is contingent on Colorado accepting an invite so the numbers work, so our invite hasn't actually come yet. All three of those things could be true and honestly, if it's happening, they're all pretty likely to be true.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

T.V. contact came back and said they believe Colorado moving is actually a done deal and tomorrow is a formality, believes it’s just Colorado leaving the Pac-12 though. Thinks UConn may be joining them. Reiterated how crazy the move feels.

Reaction Score
Let's all pray you are right. If Arizona schools leave the PAC, I think it's over for the remaining PAC schools and the conference.

Let's just hope it's just Colorado and then UConn with the remaining PAC-12 sticking together. This is until B1G decides to make their move and add Oregon and Washington.

Reaction Score
This is basically the last thing anyone should want to hear. How many times has the school thought we were finally getting the invite we've been waiting for?

This just feels like deja vu

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score

T.V. contact came back and said they believe Colorado moving is actually a done deal and tomorrow is a formality, believes it’s just Colorado leaving the Pac-12 though. Thinks UConn may be joining them. Reiterated how crazy the move feels.

This feels very key

Reaction Score
Can’t wait for the we should drop football chatter after being left out!

Reaction Score

Curtains. We're out.
The SEC will have 16 teams once Texas and Oklahoma join.
CoastAtlantic posted this guy's video yesterday. He says that the Big 12 doesn't have to just add four schools. He says that 17 is one of the magic numbers for scheduling purposes. He explains it starting at 4:15.

Reaction Score
Listening to ESPN College Sports on Sirius this morning. According to them, the B12's dream scenario is to get Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State, and Utah. If they get those 4 they will stop and then wait until the ACC implodes in a few years to shore up the eastern flank with Pittsburgh and Louisville.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Picture5.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member