Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 507 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I don’t see a reduced rate from T.V. money as it’s been widely reported that we will be treated as a P5 by ESPN and Fox and paid pro-rata. I could see less in league disbursements, especially for football for a few years.
Semantics. Whatever you want to call it, it won’t be a full share for some time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kliavkoff is zero, Yormark is a hero. That about sums up the commissioners. PAC better off dumping Kliavkoff and hiring Mike Aresco.
Ironically, probably not.

Reaction Score
It obviously depends on how reduced it is. If it's $28mm vs $32mm then whatever. If it's $16mm vs $32mm then that's a different conversation.
I'd assume we would get the same exact deal that UCF, Houston, Cincy and BYU signed up for. Which I would be totally fine with.

CL82

Reaction Score
There you have it. UConn will be added at a reduced rate.
How are you coming to that conclusion? I don't see anything in the quoted tweet that says that.

Reaction Score
I don’t see a reduced rate from T.V. money as it’s been widely reported that we will be treated as a P5 by ESPN and Fox and paid pro-rata. I could see less in league disbursements, especially for football for a few years.
Fox has no clause in the contract about P5, only ESPN does.

Reaction Score
Is 16 million more than 5 million? The new AAC schools are gettin 19 year 1.
The AAC schools are only getting 19 this year because they are still under the old contract. Once Texas and OU leave and the new contract starts, theyll get full shares.

CL82

Reaction Score
Umm WTF is this?

It appears to be that WFSB and whatever the other station was is picking up content that would otherwise be on UConn+. So one football game, some coaches shows, and broadcasting of sports that we otherwise would be putting on the Internet.

I can see the logic of it from WFSB's perspective. All this content is going to be produced by Connecticut anyway, so it is fairly inexpensive and has a baked in audience.

Reaction Score
Heard back from my person inside the athletic department. I’m not going to use the exact words given to me, but I will paraphrase. Anyone going to Vegas in the next few days should bet their mortgage on UConn going to the B12. Cautioned it could be a few tho before it’s announced (days, not minutes or months). I trust this person because they would be kept in the loop about this given their position. Props to @GoKU. He has been spot on and someone y’all should follow and listen to.
Go Ku. Is actually Jim Calhoun. LoL

Reaction Score
The key is getting into the P5 club.

It really is the weirdest thing and makes no sense. Just by virtue of being in one of the conferences you have more doors open to you and more options. Even forgetting about the dollars involved. These arbitrary groups were created and because of membership, Vanderbilt is valued the same as Alabama not just with revenue but in terms of perception and contract languages.

Reaction Score
How are you coming to that conclusion? I don't see anything in the quoted tweet that says that.
I read it somewhere from Thamel. Will try to find it and post.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It really is the weirdest thing and makes no sense. Just by virtue of being in one of the conferences you have more doors open to you and more options. Even forgetting about the dollars involved. These arbitrary groups were created and because of membership, Vanderbilt is valued the same as Alabama not just with revenue but in terms of perception and contract languages.

I view this (if it does in fact happen) as a protective move for the future of the AD. Simply put being in an AQ football league and being on the right side of a basketball tournament split ensures our future survival.

Even if the money was slightly more even I'd just assume staying in the Big East and football Indy, but I'm not confident something seismic won't happen in the landscape. If and when it does we can't afford to be relegated to D2 status.

Reaction Score
Somewhat related question. With the CFP expansion in 2024, won't going past 14 teams start to dimish the per team pay out? If so, wouldn't the other pac schools be better off staying together as they would need to share with less people and would almost assuredly have their conference champion make the CFP?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
...unless GoKU ends up being right :p
I need a sad emoji for this. I predicted what he has some time ago.
Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom