Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 509 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Never underestimate the diablo in Bristol

They could be telling the Big 12 no full price for UConn
I hear some people call in to those youtube realignment shows and say that ESPN is going to help UConn get in because then they can get tax breaks.
Little do they know that the State of Connecticut has already given ESPN tax breaks and ESPN has never helped us. In fact, they hurt us by destroying the Big East.

Reaction Score
Good grief man, Colorado is not even an official member yet. It'll happen.
You got to understand UConn fans and realignment history with UConn.

ACC originally wanted UConn and Syracuse, they took Cuse and Pitt because BC went beyond their duty to block UConn since BC AD at the time was head of ACC expansion committee.

Second time when ACC was expanding to replace Maryland, everyone had UConn penciled in since we were by far the best fit. All the NC schools ( Duke, UNC, NCST, Wake) plus Virginia wanted UConn, but at the last second Florida State along with Clemson jumped in to flex their football muscles because they didn't want ACC to be controlled by the NC schools. They look Louisville which is a far inferior school academically and is the second school in the state of Kentucky.

So you can see, you can't blame us UConn fans being nervous about this. We are a P5 school in every way except in a P5 conference. Let's hope B12 will add us soon. I have little doubt UConn will thrive in the B12 opening a whole bunch of new markets for the B12.

Reaction Score
Whatever happens next, you can be sure it was planned before the Colorado news broke. The B12 plan wasn’t to get Colorado and then see what happens. They already have the partner school or schools ready.
I’m all in on the Big 12. I think it is the only route for long term success. But, if we’ve learned anything from conference realignment, travel and loss of regional rivalries have hurt most teams that have switched conferences for better money. While Cincy, WVU and UCF are not exactly next door neighbors with UConn, isn’t it better than cross country flights every week. Farther expansion west can’t be good for them, but maybe ignorance is bliss. Look how far WVU has fallen. If these schools think Tucson, Provo or Corvallis are a better fit for them, than what can you do. Seems so short sighted to me.

Reaction Score
How do they vote on accepting Colorado as a member when they haven't even applied? And how long does it take for the application process to go through?

Reaction Score
How do they vote on accepting Colorado as a member when they haven't even applied? And how long does it take for the application process to go through?
They don't leak these things publicly unless it's already a done deal. Colorado to the B12 was probably a done deal since last week. The only thing Colorado president wanted to see was the PAC-12 media deal, and he got noda. He made the statement publicly so people can't blame Colorado for the move. It was a smart public media tactic.

Reaction Score
I said this in the other thread. Uconn isn't going anywhere until a pac media deal is done or the whole league falls apart because uconn can move almost right away and big 12 would be silly to turn up desirable options

Reaction Score
They don't leak these things publicly unless it's already a done deal. Colorado to the B12 was probably a done deal since last week. The only thing Colorado president wanted to see was the PAC-12 media deal, and he got noda. He made the statement publicly so people can't blame Colorado for the move. It was a smart public media tactic.
Which is why it seems like UConn to the Big XII isn’t happening this time. There’s been radio silence on it. UConn would jump no matter what, the piece waiting to fall was Colorado. Maybe I’m wrong but it seems like they could’ve easily timed the two together but didn’t.

Reaction Score
It works the opposite way. Colorado won't apply unless they know that they will be accepted.
And the B12 won’t offer unless they know Colorado will say yes.
Which is why it seems like UConn to the Big XII isn’t happening this time. There’s been radio silence on it. UConn would jump no matter what, the piece waiting to fall was Colorado. Maybe I’m wrong but it seems like they could’ve easily timed the two together but didn’t.
There has been no announcement. Colorado has a public meeting tomorrow.

Would UConn make an announcement before telling the Big East of their intention to depart?

Would they tell the Big East before formally being offered?

If UC saying yes is a requirement for a UConn offer, then silence from UConn makes all the sense in the world.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well we will find out. But you have to understand, when Nebraska left, that hurt but they got it. Mizzou pined for the B1G, begged and the said no. It was a bit of s shock when the SEC called. Colorado left for a more academically elite, bit athletically weaker P12. Then A&M had a sibling spat and somehow got to the SEC to escape UT. Now UT and OU left. I’m not even counting Arkansas.

So bring back one of the lost sheep? They won’t spend 10 seconds deliberating that. It’s automatic. UConn is a different story.

Reaction Score
I remember someone mentioned that Yormark personally visited Colorado and UConn.

I am still confident we are number 14. However, there will be much anxiety in the PAC-12 tonight. Let's hope core of Oregon, Washington, Stanford, and Cal stick together and expand with SDSU, SMU, and maybe Colorado ST. UNLV is also available.

Reaction Score
I am not far from Stanford. I can't picture Stanford hosting schools like Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Baylor etc. regularly for sports.

Let's hope the core schools of PAC-12 don't panic just yet. They should expand asap just for survival while they still have the advantage over MWC schools.

They might have to hold their noses but there are plenty of MWC schools that are available.

SDSU
Fresno St
Hawaii
UNLV
Reno
Utah ST
Boise ST
Colorado ST
SMU

They got choices of the get off their academic high horses.

Reaction Score
I remember someone mentioned that Yormark personally visited Colorado and UConn.

I am still confident we are number 14. However, there will be much anxiety in the PAC-12 tonight. Let's hope core of Oregon, Washington, Stanford, and Cal stick together and expand with SDSU, SMU, and maybe Colorado ST. UNLV is also available.
Naw, we want Arizona and Arizona State to go to 16.

Reaction Score
Latest take from Kurtz sounds like we could be a convenient pawn. Now the talk is turning toward turning up the heat on Arizona and pulling over more PAC P5s snd some some chatter about UW and Ore possibly talking. Beware dominos falling right on our heads. Either UConn announces in the next day or two, or we getting hung out to dry.

Reaction Score
Latest take from Kurtz sounds like we could be a convenient pawn. Now the talk is turning toward turning up the heat on Arizona and pulling over more PAC P5s snd some some chatter about UW and Ore possibly talking. Beware dominos falling right on our heads. Either UConn announces in the next day or two, or we getting hung out to dry.
Nope. UConn will be included. You'll see.

Reaction Score
I’m still relaxed and quite positive regarding UConn.

Unfortunately I have retina repair surgery Thursday at 2 pm so I’ll perhaps be viewing BY at 5 through one eye.

Mods - If this was wrong thread to post please delete

Reaction Score
What keeps me sane (barely) is that Yormark laid out the Big 12 vision after the meetings with the Presidents a few months back which included but was not limited to:

1. A NE and NYC presence,
2. A valuing of basketball and
3. A forward looking view of schools who have future growth potential.

1 and 2 are obvious. 3 is football getting back on track. A fourth school in the East makes a ton of sense for geographic balance

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good grief man, Colorado is not even an official member yet. It'll happen.

Stockholm syndrome describes the psychological condition of a fanbase which identifies with and empathizes with their detractors or abuser during realignment. Stockholm syndrome is rare; according to one FBI study, the condition occurs in about 1 fanbase: UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom