Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 454 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
The most important sport at uconn is basketball… we are very successful now in the big east… thats a given… its not if we join the big 12

Reaction Score
The NBE is sooo much better than the AAC and it breathed new life into the men’s basketball program. But if you believe the university is better off staying there, if given the choice, you’re simply putting near term emotion ahead of everything that should matter most for the long term success of the school.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I doubt Hurley stays if we join the big 12…we will be a northeastern school recruiting in a southern league
That's pretty much a ridiculous statement.

People are acting like we can't schedule northeastern teams in our OOC schedule. We're a national brand in basketball. We can still play against Nova and Providence and St. John's. But we'll also play against Kansas and Baylor, etc. The idea that this would make Hurley run away is crazy...

Reaction Score
That's pretty much a ridiculous statement.

People are acting like we can't schedule northeastern teams in our OOC schedule. We're a national brand in basketball. We can still play against Nova and Providence and St. John's. But we'll also play against Kansas and Baylor, etc. The idea that this would make Hurley run away is crazy...
Such a tired excuse also. He could leave for another job tomorrow or get hit by a bus. Such an important decision cannot be tied to any one individual.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I doubt Hurley stays if we join the big 12…we will be a northeastern school recruiting in a southern league
Because being in a conference with the two immediate prior national champions is a bad thing? Or is it that having more money available to support the basketball program is a bad thing? I'm just not sure which one of those are going to make him leave in your hypothetical.

Reaction Score
Because being in a conference with the two immediate prior national champions is a bad thing? Or is it that having more money available to support the basketball program is a bad thing? I'm just not sure which one of those are going to make him leave in your hypothetical.
I hope you’re right

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think his point is if we aren't in the same conference as Seton Hall and PC, Hurley won't view the UConn job as having any value.

Reaction Score
I think his point is if we aren't in the same conference as Seton Hall and PC, Hurley won't view the UConn job as having any value.
Didn't he accept the job when UConn was in the AAC? Surely he's smarter than all this drivel would imply.

Reaction Score
Right now we have Dan Hurley…right now we have the best team in the country… right now we recruit as good as any team in the country…right now we sell out our venues…i hope that continues if we join the big 12

Reaction Score
Hurley is the ultimate level of a competitor. Do you really think he would back down from competing at a higher level in anything? Competitors want to beat the best in everything they do. They're not wired like 99% of other people. So, it's easy for other people to not understand.

Reaction Score
Right now we have Dan Hurley…right now we have the best team in the country… right now we recruit as good as any team in the country…right now we sell out our venues…i hope that continues if we join the big 12
Those are not guaranteed whether you stay or go. What is guaranteed is better financials to help to maintain, recuperate in the event of loss and compete at an even higher level in each of those plus other areas of the AD.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The #7 recruiting class of 2023 has kids from CT, TX, FL, and CA. No, it's not ours, it's Kansas. The point is that when you are a national program, you recruit the entire country, not just the northeast. That won't change for us in the Big12, having won 5 national titles since '99.

By the way, our recruiting class is #4 with kids from GA, NH, WA, and NY. Like I said... national...

Reaction Score
BBall fans simply don't look at the whole picture. Their belief is that the Big East guarantees men's basketball success, so forget everything else, period.... let it rot or die... basketball or bust. Ok fair enough ...hypothetically what happens if we thumb our noses at Big 12 pump our Big East fist and see St. Johns, Villanova and two other Big East schools get offered and take the money for Big 12 jump?.....

Reaction Score
The #7 recruiting class of 2023 has kids from CT, TX, FL, and CA. No, it's not ours, it's Kansas. The point is that when you are a national program, you recruit the entire country, not just the northeast. That won't change for us in the Big12, having won 5 national titles since '99.

By the way, our recruiting class is #4 with kids from GA, NH, WA, and NY. Like I said... national...

To add to this, in 24/7's recruiting class rankings for transfers the current top 3 classes are Kansas, West Virginia, and TCU. The B12 is very serious about their basketball and they have no problem recruiting.

Reaction Score
Just stop….this is the worst straw man, fear mongering post I’ve seen. Why not just suggest the Earth will likely be destroyed by a meteor if UConn leaves the Big East?

Hurley is deserving of a raise which will put him in the top echelon of coaching salaries. In fact, Hurley’s future salary should be almost what our whole Big East payout is….and that is before we factor in the assistant coach salaries and women’s basketball coaching salaries.

Hurley is a northeast guy whose family wants to live in the northeast. UConn’s not moving its campus.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Didn't he accept the job when UConn was in the AAC? Surely he's smarter than all this drivel would imply.
I should have found a way to emphasize the sarcasm. For whatever reasons Beachview doesn't believe our program has the ability to survive if we aren't in the cocoon of the Big East.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom