Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 448 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Can't find any can you? 11 Nattys in WBB are great, so i don't want to turn this into crapping on that program but WBB hasn't mattered in conference realignment. UConn has a perception problem that they haven't invested in FB like in other sports. WE KNOW that's not true. The Rent and the practice facilities are great capital investments in the program. However this is how other people view the program in no small part because national talking heads like to say we "gave up on FB" when we left the AAC, which is a pile of crap.
My point was our situation, in that regard, is very unique.

WBB isn't much of a factor in realignment. In most cases, neither is MBB. This case may be the exception.

Reaction Score
That’s probably not true.
Probably not, but probably closer than most think. Geno is known in pockets of Europe and Asia. The nation's best college football coach probably isn't a big deal in Rome.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Probably not, but probably closer than most think. Geno is known in pockets of Europe and Asia. The nation's best college football coach probably isn't a big deal in Rome.
When Rome becomes part of the viewing audience that can help generate revenue I'll be impressed with that (I'll wager heavily that I know Rome better than all but perhaps one person on this board).

One thing that we need to realize is that the more time that passes, the less relevant our success in women's hoops will be in this (it never was very relevant to begin with). There continue to be more and more SEC schools in position to make a run for the title and all other power conferences are getting deeper in terms of number of schools that put an effort in women's basketball. A half dozen years ago we were one of maybe three or four programs at the top of the sport, in five years there will be twenty or more schools that we will be one of who will be at or near the top.

Reaction Score
My point was our situation, in that regard, is very unique.

WBB isn't much of a factor in realignment. In most cases, neither is MBB. This case may be the exception.
I get it. Its not the wrong move. I am just saying that when people use the lazy argument that UConn doesn't care about FB, 1 of the talking points is how we pay our WBB coach than our FB coaches. I'm not saying Geno is not worth it.

Reaction Score

-> But all of that, Robbins said, remains speculative until Pac-12 presidents see hard numbers from Kliavkoff.

"Right now, I think all 10 of us are solely focused on the deal," Robbins said. "Once we have that, we have degrees of freedom to make informed decisions."<-

Reaction Score
I get it. Its not the wrong move. I am just saying that when people use the lazy argument that UConn doesn't care about FB, 1 of the talking points is how we pay our WBB coach than our FB coaches. I'm not saying Geno is not worth it.
Agreed. The UConn doesn't care about Football is as bad as the "UConn Fans didn't show up to the Fiesta Bowl" BS. Neither is true, but both persist.

Reaction Score
Bronze medal?? Would that imply better numbers than ACC or Big12? Because, sorry Pac10, without USC and UCLA, you aren't getting anywhere near the new Big12 numbers.
He knows that. It's also the reason why the PAC 12 is slow rolling the final deal. They want to freeze everyone in place.

Reaction Score
Heard tramel on college sports radio today. Supposed talk about Gonzaga and UConn but only talked about UConn. Exaggerated the negatives and the positives about UConn were met with “yeah, but…”

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Conferences should just give up on having numbers as part of their branding at this point
We saw how valuable the known brands are with the Big East name that has UConn basketball fans pretending it’s still 1998. If the league rebranded as the “Catholic 7” after they broke off, nobody would want to be in that conference. That’s why these conferences will never change names.

Reaction Score
Heard tramel on college sports radio today. Supposed talk about Gonzaga and UConn but only talked about UConn. Exaggerated the negatives and the positives about UConn were met with “yeah, but…”
I'd love to know what we did to him. Is he that mad that we played Oklahoma in the fiesta bowl? I love how that gets held against us somehow. Like we forced our way into the game.

Reaction Score
We did nothing to him. He’s a Syracuse grad and doesn’t want us to be in a better position than his alma mater.
Syracuse fans say we have nothing to offer a conference, so that makes a lot of sense. There’s always a good explanation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Technically you would be right, by sheer number of scholarships. But find me 1 other school in the country where the women's BB coach makes more than the FB coach.
I will, if you can find me one of the school that the women's basketball coach has won 11 national championships.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom