Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 241 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Thanks for making accomodations for my limited brain.

Any time a Penn State Truther takes the time to explain the things I just can't understand I feel extra special!

Next time don't get so angry just because you are uninformed.

Better than a Rutgers lover

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Every time I read that 27k for Texas on a cold Thursday night I cringe at how every bit of that is uninformed hyperbolic BS and he got paid to press the entire terms button.

My favorite quote was when he said he imagined Texas in East Hartford when it was 27 degrees and raining sideways.

Ignoring what actually happens to rain at 27 degrees....when does that actually happen? Is he at all familiar with the Big Ten? Has Miami or Florida State ever died in Boston?

It's the fall in New England. The GD roads are impassible because of all the GD tourists and this thinks we're in the north pole.

Reaction Score
I have to admit this has gone on so long, and is so repetitive that i'm starting to checkout. God football season cannot get here quick enough to take the focus off all this b.sh.t
This is where im at also.

We will see what happens. Im hoping the networks actually bribe the conference into not expanding.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
My favorite quote was when he said he imagined Texas in East Hartford when it was 27 degrees and raining sideways.

Ignoring what actually happens to rain at 27 degrees....when does that actually happen?

The only time that happens is when Forrest Gump was in Vietnam.

Reaction Score
weather2009.jpg

Reaction Score
USA TODAY Sports' George Schroeder is joined by CBSSports.com senior college football columnist Dennis Dodd to dig into the details about Big 12 Conference expansion.

UConn discussion @ 22:40. Schroeder thinks UConn "longshot" better fit for ACC/Big10. Dodd top 4 - BYU. Houston, Cincy and UCF. If two... BYU/Houston but waffles w/ Cincy. Schroeder thinks UConn is possible as outlier 4. Really not a bad discussion if sitting on deck w/ an adult beverage. Not pot shots @ UConn.

Reaction Score
Much of the US is incredibly insular and Texas et al and the sports dudes who cover them are no exception. I have a friend who now lives in Houston interview at a law firm in that town. The fact that he attended an eastern law school apparently was the subject of much mirth by the interviewer and he was told to go see the (name of the school he attended) law firm across the street. Luckily, he found a firm run by a former New Yorker and got hired. Expecting weather intelligence from an uneducated sports writer, blogger or football fan is expecting a cat to be able to fly a 787.

Reaction Score
The thought that UCF could receive a B12 invite is so ridiculous it will probably happen...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
USA TODAY Sports' George Schroeder is joined by CBSSports.com senior college football columnist Dennis Dodd to dig into the details about Big 12 Conference expansion.

UConn discussion @ 22:40. Schroeder thinks UConn "longshot" better fit for ACC/Big10. Dodd top 4 - BYU. Houston, Cincy and UCF. If two... BYU/Houston but waffles w/ Cincy. Schroeder thinks UConn is possible as outlier 4.

Outlier? What not a glorified community college coming off a 0-12 season, or a bizzaro religious institution?

Love how Provo, Utah and Orlando, FL are right in the neighborhood but Storrs (East Hartford), CT is in Mars.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
The same old drivel from guys that like to hear themselves talk. Not once did they disagree with each other. Group Think. "There are few bands or markets in this deal", meaning among the expansion candidates. OK. And, "If UConn was a P5 school they'd be in a P5 conference already". Right, no mention of the decade we did quite well in the Big East. Just tiring to listen to these guys and their perception of UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

UConn discussion @ 22:40. Schroeder thinks UConn "longshot" better fit for ACC/Big10. Dodd top 4 - BYU. Houston, Cincy and UCF. If two... BYU/Houston but waffles w/ Cincy. Schroeder thinks UConn is possible as outlier 4. Really not a bad discussion if sitting on deck w/ an adult beverage. Not pot shots @ UConn.

It's the whole, "well if they were any good, they'd be in." It is a simplistic argument, devoid of logic or knowledge of history, but it is out there. For that reason, as much as any other, we need to hop on board the first lifeboat and lose the stank of the G5.

Dodd is such a freaking douchenozzle. BYU acts like a P5, and the Big 10 already recognizes them as such. Hello asswipe? Can you think about one else who meets that criteria?!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The same old drivel from guys that like to hear themselves talk. Not once did they disagree with each other. Group Think. "There are few bands or markets in this deal", meaning among the expansion candidates. OK. And, "If UConn was a P5 school they'd be in a P5 conference already". Right, no mention of the decade we did quite well in the Big East. Just tiring to listen to these guys and their perception of UConn.

Except, they vacillate. They say UConn would have been a good fit for the B1G or ACC in the last round of expansion, and it seems obvious to both - but then they trip up in the next sentence on this random idea that "if they belonged in the P5, they'd have been taken." Which implies that Rutgers or Maryland or Louisville or Syracuse or Pitt almost missed out on being a P5 schoool, but because they were selected, they must belong? Obviously, there is a fallacy in that logic. The precise size of the P5 is arbitrary. We'd totally fit in five seconds after being accepted.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
1. Can't that that be said for every other single G5 school?

2. BYU is not P5. If they were, they'd have the same sweetheart deal as Notre Dame.

3. UConn is recognized as a P5 contest by the Big Ten for their upcoming games vs. Indiana and Illinois.

Reaction Score
It's the whole, "well if they were any good, they'd be in." It is a simplistic argument, devoid of logic or knowledge of history, but it is out there. For that reason, as much as any other, we need to hop on board the first lifeboat and lose the stank of the G5.

Yup... and if the Presidents decide not to expand - that G5 stink will be coming from an exacerbated festering open sore to the bone for anyone left behind.

Reaction Score
The thought that UCF could receive a B12 invite is so ridiculous it will probably happen...
UCF getting a spot wouldn't be ridiculous, I don't think. They could turn into a legitimate power in Florida with a P5 invite.

I think the 4 best adds are Houston, BYU, UConn, UCF.

Reaction Score
UCF getting a spot wouldn't be ridiculous, I don't think. They could turn into a legitimate power in Florida with a P5 invite.

I fail to see how Houston and UCF are better than Cincinnati. Cincinnati's athletics, academics, facilities, and geography are all superior to those two.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Cinci?

My 4 preferred: UConn, Cincinnati, UCF, USF.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I won't argue the idea that UCF could become a legitimate power (but reserve the right to do so later) I do however want to know your thoughts on how UCF could but USF could not (as you did not say the same about them).

Reaction Score
I won't argue the idea that UCF could become a legitimate power (but reserve the right to do so later) I do however want to know your thoughts on how UCF could but USF could not (as you did not say the same about them).
Well, I won't pretend to be an expert on these schools, but UCF just seems to have a better upside. It's a bigger school, they've had major football success recently (even though they were terrible this past year), and they've never actually been in a "power" conference so we're not sure what they'd bring.

USF spent a good amount of time in the old Big East and never made much of themselves.

I fail to see how Houston and UCF are better than Cincinnati. Cincinnati's athletics, academics, facilities, and geography are all superior to those two.

I like Cincy too. They'd be a good add as well. It'd be cool if UConn and Cincy ended up in the same conference. We've been kindred spirits for a while now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom