Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 199 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
“I think we certainly should have a national base, absolutely,” said the WVU president. “But we also have to recognize there are some wonderful institutions in Texas. We have four now in the conference and I think we will consider that as part of the overall package we are putting together.”

- See more at: Mitch Vingle: WVU’s Gee: Big 12 doesn’t want to be predators

So Houston could be part of a negotiated package. Consistent with Flugs.

Reaction Score
the foo's of CR....(the software censor won't let me post an "F" and a "U" together....(too bad for Fishy...limits him a little).

UConn...academic foo, M & W's basketball foo, market foo, brand foo

BYU...Mormon viewer foo, sober fans foo, football foo, brand foo

Cincinnati....market wishful thinking foo. Bearcats also have animal miscegenation foo, WVU rival foo

Memphis....Fedex foo, haircut foo...and that's all the foo

Houston....makes foo's of everyone but Texas if selected

Reaction Score
The only consistent thing being said that is giving me hope is this desire for a network/non-traditional network. If market size is really the driving force, we have to be in.

Reaction Score
I hope when Herbst meets with these guys she starts ny saying why,we should be school #11, not 12, 13, 14, etc.

We are the number one choice and we will tell you why!

Reaction Score
I hope when Herbst meets with these guys she starts ny saying why,we should be school #11, not 12, 13, 14, etc.

We are the number one choice and we will tell you why!

My question is which Herbst will show up for the meeting: Sue the no holds barred tough executive negotiator, or Suzie the sorority co-ed who lets her hair down provocatively & makes doe eyes like she's begging for a date with the star quarterback?

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is already on YES.... UConn's t3 would be an addition but they already show a lot of the t2 regional games.
With B-12 games already on YES here is an interesting situation..if the B-12 expands and includes UConn would a bidding war (small...but a bidding war none the less) develop between YES and SNY when Conn's deal with SNY expires? That would be interesting to see.

Reaction Score
In regards to YES, wonder if the Comcast situation would improve. Still no YES Network offered on Comcast due to their dispute.

Reaction Score
With B-12 games already on YES here is an interesting situation..if the B-12 expands and includes UConn would a bidding war (small...but a bidding war none the less) develop between YES and SNY when Conn's deal with SNY expires? That would be interesting to see.

The bigger question would be would YES' contract with the XII be enough to tip the scales in their ongoing battle with Comcast to get YES back on Comcast's system. We know what happened when UCONN signed on with SNY: All cable systems that previously didn't carry SNY in CT. capitulated within a week.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
From what ive heard YES will be back on Comcast next year.

Reaction Score
From what ive heard YES will be back on Comcast next year.

Not too sure about that. When my uncle called them (huge Yankee fan) making a big scene (they gave him mlb package for free because they lied to him and told him he could still watch the Yankees when they played away games) they told him that he would be better off getting Direct tv or another carrier if the Yankees meant that much to him because they didn't see the situation changing anytime soon.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Listened to this last night. Definitely interesting.

Spoiler alert: Kirk predicts BYU/Cincy/UH/UConn
Ced originally had BYU/Cincy/UH/Tulane, but switched and said he's going with UConn now because "it makes too much sense"
Bohls has been a HUGE convert...was anti-UConn for the longest time. Actually the only B-12 beat writer that has mentioned UConn consistently in his list of schools for B-12 expansion is Barry Tramel.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My question is which Herbst will show up for the meeting: Sue the no holds barred tough executive negotiator, or Suzie the sorority co-ed who lets her hair down provocatively & makes doe eyes like she's begging for a date with the star quarterback?
I think you've been thinking about this juuuuust a bit too much. ;)

Reaction Score

Bruh

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Listened to this last night. Definitely interesting.

Spoiler alert: Kirk predicts BYU/Cincy/UH/UConn
Ced originally had BYU/Cincy/UH/Tulane, but switched and said he's going with UConn now because "it makes too much sense"
"Everyone likes the carwash."

mojo-logo2.jpg

Reaction Score
let's be honest... She didn't get to be President of Uconn without understanding how to play the game.
I would worry more about items that are outside Uconn's control. I think Susan or Suzie will be just fine in this arena.

Reaction Score
With that old coot Gee, she should play the co-ed. Like Anna Nicole Smith:
anna-nicole-smith-photo-u53.jpg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Speaking of car washes, where is Athlete94?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom