Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 210 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
God you're a moron. Of course I know you think Flug is a fraud. Of your 60 posts I would gather most are about him. I just think you're just as big of an idiot

I bet if I cared enough about your opinions (which I don't) I bet I would be calling you an idiot. Or even worse a brainwashed Fluggy follower.

I am amazed at how many UCONN fans fall for his BS. If you haven't figured it out by now, he has been trying to market UCONN to a P5 school ever since he joined Twitter and when he "gave up on BTM" it was because he figured B12 expansion was dead. If he had a real source he would have known expansion in the B12 has been a three year effort already.

Reaction Score
I bet if I cared enough about your opinions (which I don't) I bet I would be calling you an idiot. Or even worse a brainwashed Fluggy follower.

I am amazed at how many UCONN fans fall for his BS. If you haven't figured it out by now, he has been trying to market UCONN to a P5 school ever since he joined Twitter and when he "gave up on BTM" it was because he figured B12 expansion was dead. If he had a real source he would have known expansion in the B12 has been a three year effort already.

Gentlemen, we're arguing over whether a random dude on Twitter actually has connections to a Big Ten university representative, who in turn may or may not have connections to the University of Oklahoma.

We're all idiots.

Reaction Score

An idiot and a tool. Please just go away

Reaction Score
Not a tweet but a interview with ISU AD (Got off of landthieves)

Off the record (podcast) w/ CW: Jamie Pollard – CycloneFanatic.com

SU AD says he's not sure the Big 12 will expand nor won't expand. Also says that ISU is a NO on expansion without an extension of the GOR. Viability of Big 12 ties into the Big 12 GOR. Says you have to extend the GOR if you want to be viable. Says new TV could force the extension of the GOR or expansion or both. Ultimately he says that the Big 12 won't extend the GOR unless the institution or TV deal is unanimous among the institutions. His only stipulation is that a new member must compel everyone to extend the GOR, if they can't ISU won't vote for them into the Big 12.

13 minutes into the conversation.

Reaction Score

ISU AD says he's not sure the Big 12 will expand nor won't expand. Also says that ISU is a NO on expansion without an extension of the GOR. Viability of Big 12 ties into the Big 12 GOR. Says you have to extend the GOR if you want to be viable. Says new TV could force the extension of the GOR or expansion or both. Ultimately he says that the Big 12 won't extend the GOR unless the institution or TV deal is unanimous among the institutions. His only stipulation is that a new member must compel everyone to extend the GOR, if they can't ISU won't vote for them into the Big 12.

Well that's no good.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Well that's no good.

That message was for his fanbase and coaches in response to rumors that the Big 12 was done in 9 years.

If they are announcing before September 1, then they already have the schools picked and are just working out the legal.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Hello, first time poster, long time lurker/reader of this fan site. I come in peace.

With all due respect, would any P5 conference really want to expand to 16 teams? I read about the 16 team super conference on many sites and it seems to be a given, but it doesn't seem feasible anymore given the current NCAA rule in place that govern how FBS conferences with 12 teams or greater must determine the participants of a conference championship game (CCG). Two divisions with round robin play within each division, the winners of each division meetin in the CCG. The regular football season is comprised of only 12 games and I do not see conferences eliminating cross-divisional games from their conference schedule. Besides, at that point the 16 team conference would seem more like two 8 team conferences with a scheduling agreement. Then there id the issue of how the current divisions are aligned/comprised. In each of the ACC, B1G and SEC, there is a heavy weight division that most conference schools would like to be a part of or play against for recruiting purposes. In order to change the current NCAA rule for a CCG, a majority of FBS conferences would have to approve. Only time I see that happening is when a majority of P5 conferences have more than 14 teams.

So I ask, is it reasonable to expect conferences to go beyond 14 teams in the near future; say 2024/2025?
I think so, yes... Because here's why- its going to happen evenually anyway. In the end there's going to be nationwide "super conferences" with at least 16 in each. If your Bowbsby and the Big XII why not just secure your fate now and get it done? Especially if that means you can keep Texas and OU/Oklahoma St. in the conference and happy as the "big dogs"?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
SU AD says he's not sure the Big 12 will expand nor won't expand. Also says that ISU is a NO on expansion without an extension of the GOR. Viability of Big 12 ties into the Big 12 GOR. Says you have to extend the GOR if you want to be viable. Says new TV could force the extension of the GOR or expansion or both. Ultimately he says that the Big 12 won't extend the GOR unless the institution or TV deal is unanimous among the institutions. His only stipulation is that a new member must compel everyone to extend the GOR, if they can't ISU won't vote for them into the Big 12.

I found this fascinating.

It is a power play by a school with no power. And, apparently, no clue.

You can't expand the GOR past the term of the television contract.

Reaction Score
I found this fascinating.

It is a power play by a school with no power. And, apparently, no clue.

You can't expand the GOR past the term of the television contract.

I've been telling anyone who will listen that these presidents know very little about sports and whatever is going on. I've talked to enough of them (well, 3) about athletic departments to know that.

My feeling that there are two or three people on the Boards who are heavy into sports, and they collude (or collide) with the AD on these matters.That doesn't mean every president is clueless (see Boren) but most of these people see sports as a big hindrance to their important duties.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've been telling anyone who will listen that these presidents know very little about sports and whatever is going on. I've talked to enough of them (well, 3) about athletic departments to know that.

This is worse...he's the athletic director.

But I agree with you.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

This is why AD's don't get to vote.

Reaction Score
And Blauds dropped this nugget as well:

"Word has it that the calls will go out in the next few days to the chosen schools and then the process will move forward."

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Just heard some guy on SiruisXM College Sports call in and make his case for a 6 school Big 12 expansion. Hahaha... The guy wanted Tulsa, Central Michigan, NIU, Cincy, BYU, and Tulane in... I'm like "well now I've heard them all!" lol

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well that's no good.
And Blauds dropped this nugget as well:

"Word has it that the calls will go out in the next few days to the chosen schools and then the process will move forward."
Yeah, so thats basically like - "welcome to the club - lets talk about $$"

Reaction Score
Generally Blauds isn't dead wrong on specific info, he's well plugged in. If he's posting that's what the plan is as of now, we should assume that's what the plan is as of now.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Generally Blauds isn't dead wrong on specific info, he's well plugged in. If he's posting that's what the plan is as of now, we should assume that's what the plan is as of now.

Blauds said:

Word has it that the calls will go out in the next few days to the chosen schools and then the process will move forward.

FWIW, I have a friend that is a booster at one of the other prospective new additions. They are expecting to hear early next week.

Have a good weekend everybody!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom