Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 174 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
after the big 12 meetings, i think most of the BY'ers have put this CR Forum on ignore.

Amen. The Big 12 proved itself to being exactly what we have all thought it was over the last several years: dysfunctional, weak and run 100% by Texas. The conference has no interest in its own future. Well, maybe the little fish secretly do because they'll likely be left without a pond to swim in once UT and OU bolt, assuming they can't glue themselves at the asshairs of their bigger brothers. But the only voice that matters in that conference has zero interest in giving up its LHN (they were given this right by the other 9 conference members...including OU...so hard to argue with that). The conference will likely use the data gathered by Navigate and BHV to try to squeeze more money out of their current deal until it's time to play CR Fire Drill. We were all just dumb suckers who went along for the ride.

The B12 is toast. But, if anything positive for UConn can come about any of this process, the message is getting out across the Mississippi that UConn is the biggest fish remaining. There isn't an important metric out there that UConn isn't #1 or #2 amongst G5 competition.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Metrics or not there are only two conferences that we could possibly fit in: ACC or B1G. Neither are interested at this time. Right now our best hope is to try and hold out until the Big 12 implodes and hope we can hook up with the flotsam. I'm encouraged by the direction the AD is taking. Obviously there is serious internl dialoge going on and the University will continue to put it's best foot forward despite what our resident Eeyore might say.

Reaction Score
Metrics or not there are only two conferences that we could possibly fit in: ACC or B1G. Neither are interested at this time. Right now our best hope is to try and hold out until the Big 12 implodes and hope we can hook up with the flotsam. I'm encouraged by the direction the AD is taking. Obviously there is serious internl dialoge going on and the University will continue to put it's best foot forward despite what our resident Eeyore might say.
Um, that is not our best hope. Our best hope is much better than that. Its also more realistic.

Reaction Score
What would that be?
1. The ACC forms a network and brings UConn in as the 16th member.
2. Big 12 expands and brings UConn in as 12th member.
3. The Big 10 expands in brings in UConn as one of the 16 or 18 or 20 members.

In fact, if the Big12 did implode and UConn was added with all the rejects to form an AAC on steroids, that is the worst case scenario in future expansion, not the best.

Reaction Score
I feel like it's 2010 all over again.
maybe we should create a couple different threads so we can keep track of the various scenarios. we could have an ACC thread, a BIG thread, and even a Big 12 thread.

upload_2016-6-13_13-51-9.jpeg

Reaction Score
The problem with #16 in the ACC is the tease of Notre Dame....#15 (football) is being held open.

And it looks like it will be for a few years as tea leaves are sifted for omens.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The problem with #16 in the ACC is the tease of Notre Dame....#15 (football) is being held open.

And it looks like it will be for a few years as tea leaves are sifted for omens.

Which in a lot of ways is just that... a huge tease... unless the P5/Playoff Consortium dictates that a team needs to be in a conference in order to play in the playoffs... Notre Dame won't join a conference. And they'll never do that because they all want Notre Dame in the playoffs.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You can't make up the arrogance and hypocracy of the Big 10's stance.

They would expand so they would only play themselves if God forbid the players saw some of the money they create instead of the coaches or admins. What a bunch of scumbags.

Reaction Score
You can't make up the arrogance and hypocracy of the Big 10's stance.

They would expand so they would only play themselves if God forbid the players saw some of the money they create instead of the coaches or admins. What a bunch of scumbags.
I've said this about the entire ncaa. Emmett as provost at uconn caused all,kinds of ups. Yet, this man goes on to make 7 figure salaries off the backs off student athletes. It's laughable.

Reaction Score
From 2012 archive.....

Tweeted by s-w-a-i-m:

# B1G source in Chicago at # BCS meetings telling us that # ND agreeing in principle to go to # Big12 as non-football member.

Some pretty big disagreements on new # BCS, but looks like the # Fab4 getting what they want, while # ACC and # BigEast on outside looking in.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Also posted in football forum...

This is interesting. #UConnNation #AmIRight?

Why Knoxville radio station? Am I missing something? Series dates with Tennessee have been rescheduled and announcement today? Going to SEC (lol!)? Or just brand building?
image.png

Reaction Score
Also posted in football forum...

This is interesting. #UConnNation #AmIRight?

Why Knoxville radio station? Am I missing something? Series dates with Tennessee have been rescheduled and announcement today? Going to SEC (lol!)? Or just brand building?
View attachment 14102

Does seem outside of the recruiting and marketing footprint.

Would be great to hear Diaco call out Tennessee admin for stalling on our series though.

Reaction Score
This follows along with two things I've heard in the past from two different people :

1. Met a guy playing golf about 3 years ago at the Ritz in Naples that said UConn would be in the SEC eventually. He worked in advertising in Atlanta making commercials and said the SEC would make a killing on UConn someday. His source was a friend of his at one of the networks. I thought he was an idiot and said I'd never heard that rumor (he was very outwardly arrogant). He said, "you never will until they get invited and it will be a huge blow to the ACC."

2. Chief00 made this assertion a couple of years ago. My immediate thought was, "did I play golf with Chief00?".

Reaction Score
This follows along with two things I've heard in the past from two different people :

1. Met a guy playing golf about 3 years ago at the Ritz in Naples that said UConn would be in the SEC eventually. He worked in advertising in Atlanta making commercials and said the SEC would make a killing on UConn someday. His source was a friend of his at one of the networks. I thought he was an idiot and said I'd never heard that rumor (he was very outwardly arrogant). He said, "you never will until they get invited and it will be a huge blow to the ACC."

2. Chief00 made this assertion a couple of years ago. My immediate thought was, "did I play golf with Chief00?".

If UConn joins the SEC I'll turn this account into a Hoophound tribute account and get someone to write a macro that autolikes every one of your posts here until the site is someday goes dark..

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Why on earth would non-ND schools want ND in the playoffs?

Heh... it's an old boys club... just look at who they put on the playoff committee... ESPN certainly does. It's not the schools that decide..

Reaction Score
Heh... it's an old boys club... just look at who they put on the playoff committee... ESPN certainly does. It's not the schools that decide..

The things that people will say to convince themselves of conspiracies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

I love this board. I hate it too but I love it. This is spectacular. Did he also drive a Range Rover?

Reaction Score
To be clear, I don't actually think we are joining the SEC. This was a troll on Chief00, as he did make this prediction. I'm just fooling around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom