Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 175 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Here's what I think is the real situation. If we can survive another 7-10 years somewhere in there (probably sooner than later IMHO), there will be more CR. I have to believe if we are not taken by a conference first, there will be need for a conference to "back fill" and we land somewhere.

I also can't believe that if for some reason the Big 12 takes Cincy and BYU, and not us, that CR would be over. If we can keep improving our FB, we will end up somewhere.

Reaction Score
I love this board. I hate it too but I love it. This is spectacular. Did he also drive a Range Rover?
i_hate_you_then_i-93564.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Here's what I think is the real situation. If we can survive another 7-10 years somewhere in there (probably sooner than later IMHO), there will be more CR. I have to believe if we are not taken by a conference first, there will be need for a conference to "back fill" and we land somewhere.

I also can't believe that if for some reason the Big 12 takes Cincy and BYU, and not us, that CR would be over. If we can keep improving our FB, we will end up somewhere.

True, but...can we hold out that long?

Who the hell is that in your Avatar by the way?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's Kate Upton. She's kind of famous, or at least parts of her are.

Reaction Score

That's a bit strange. I don't know what it means except maybe Ourand felt pressure to release the info too early.

Reaction Score
Ryan Autullo ‏@AutulloAAS 3h3 hours ago
Source: Longhorn Network will no longer have studio shows. Only live events.

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS 3h3 hours ago
ESPN PR rep tells me "Longhorn Extra" nightly news show has been cancelled. LHN still will have 175 sporting events in this academic year.

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS 2h2 hours ago
Full story: ESPN cancels 'Longhorn Extra,’ nightly news show about Texas athletics on Longhorn Network.
ESPN cancels nightly LHN news show 'Longhorn Extra' | Hookem.com

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS 2h2 hours ago
Biggest bummer about LHN cancelling Longhorn Extra is that it was a great platform for UT's smaller sports, athletes and coaches.

Ryan Autullo ‏@AutulloAAS 2h2 hours ago
LHN will still show pre and postgame studio shows but is getting rid of its nightly news.

Ryan Autullo ‏@AutulloAAS 2h2 hours ago
@AutulloAAS Clarification: LHN will still conduct pre and postgame shows connected to live events. Other live programming is canceled.

Mike ‏@MBHORNSFAN 3h3 hours ago
Mike Retweeted Ryan Autullo

The beginning of the end which quickens Texas exit from the Big 12.

Phil ‏@GTOphil 2h2 hours ago
@MBHORNSFAN @AutulloAAS Pac 12? What are the realistic options?

Mike‏@MBHORNSFAN
@GTOphil ACC

Grant Pinkerton ‏@GPinks 2h2 hours ago
Why ACC? Who comes with? @MBHORNSFAN @GTOphil

Mike ‏@MBHORNSFAN 2h2 hours ago
@GPinks @GTOphil I think Texas and OU will leave together. Everyone else is on their own.

@MBHORNSFAN @GPinks hurry up and do it, I'm in

The big12 power couple haha why is ACC more likely than big 10 of Pac12 @MBHORNSFAN @GTOphil

@GPinks @GTOphil I don't think it's more likely I would say Big 10 and ACC or equal with Pac being the least likely

Mich, Mich St, Ohio St, Nebraska, Texas and OU @MBHORNSFAN @GTOphil

@GPinks @MBHORNSFAN That would be fun

Those would be some fun away games. @GTOphil @MBHORNSFAN

I'd love to play in he Big 10. Talk about a power conference with the additions of Texas and OU. @MBHORNSFAN @GTOphil

@GPinks @GTOphil Big 10 is fine by me as well

ME: The first six would definitely be key tweets. The next ones surround an individual who hosts a Texas-centered podcast. So iffy but I'll leave them here for your consumption. Hmm...things are starting to brew in Texas Twitter-land.

Reaction Score
The Longhorn Network was never anything more than a well timed bribe to keep The Pac 16 from happening, and UT away from Fox. I'm not sure ESPN really thought it through when someone first pitched the idea. UT is a great brand, but like all great brands they are mostly regional in their following. Only ND has the interest nationally to make something like a LHN work in markets outside of their geographic sphere of influence.

No one should be surprised that ESPN is rolling back their investments in the network. Five years from now the network might consist entirely of replays of the 2006 Rose Bowl and a live cam shot of a big a** Shaggy Bevo chewing on some grass in the middle of a field. ESPN should cancel it entirely, continue their payments to UT, and write it off as a loss.

Reaction Score
The Longhorn Network was never anything more than a well timed bribe to keep The Pac 16 from happening, and UT away from Fox. I'm not sure ESPN really thought it through when someone first pitched the idea. UT is a great brand, but like all great brands they are mostly regional in their following. Only ND has the interest nationally to make something like a LHN work in markets outside of their geographic sphere of influence.

Here is why I don't think one single university can ever have a national network: not enough inventory for programming. Even with 14 universities, the BTN and SECN still air repeats over and over. I don't think there is a game that has aired on BTN that I haven't seen multiple times. If you have that much repeating over and over with 14 universities, just imagine how many repeats you would have with only one university. The lack of original programming would make a viable national network for one university impossible.

Reaction Score
Here is why I don't think one single university can ever have a national network: not enough inventory for programming. Even with 14 universities, the BTN and SECN still air repeats over and over. I don't think there is a game that has aired on BTN that I haven't seen multiple times. If you have that much repeating over and over with 14 universities, just imagine how many repeats you would have with only one university. The lack of original programming would make a viable national network for one university impossible.

Especially when you consider that UT doesn't play all that many sports.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pretty impressive: UConn is the only school in the country to have a first round pick in the NBA, NFL, NHL, WNBA, MLS and MLB since 2014.

@Dooley FYI

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Pretty impressive: UConn is the only school in the country to have a first round pick in the NBA, NFL, NHL, WNBA, MLS and MLB since 2014.
You had me 'til MLS

Reaction Score
That's pretty cool, but clearly not at the P5 Level of a Rutgers or Pitt.

Pitt has some tradition....has had 25 1st rounders...and old national "names" like Mark May, Tony Dorsett, Bill Fralic, Hugh Green, and Dan Marino.

Sometimes the memory still resonates even when the product fades.....and likewise, negative memories linger when the product has been upgraded from a less illustrious past.

I still have a difficult time thinking of Kia's as a higher quality car.

"Despite significant product quality gains, Hyundai and Kia find themselves in the unenviable position where consumer perception takes much longer to change than it does to evolve their product lines. According to the J.D. Power 2015 Avoider Study,SM 14% of new car shoppers avoid Hyundai and Kia vehicles due to a perception of poor quality. TheAvoider Study surveys buyers of new vehicles and asks them why they chose to avoid, reject, or purchase particular models. While 14% of new car shoppers avoid these Korean brands due to perceived quality issues, Kia ranks second and Hyundai fourth among 33 nameplates in the J.D. Power 2015 U.S. Initial Quality StudySM (IQS), which measures new-vehicle quality after 90 days of ownership."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom