Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 167 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter · 23h23 hours ago
Big 12 hasn’t expanded yet, but media corps covering it has. Reporters from Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston, Orlando covering Big 12 meetings
Hahah. Total non-event for the Horde. Please don't tell me they are covering the AAC meetings.

Reaction Score
Gotta love this CR series....Great scriptwriters. Texas AD vs Texas booster, Oklahoma Prez vs Oklahoma Trustee...with all the drama of Houston, BYU, etc thrown into the script.

Reaction Score
This might not be the best time to sit back and monitor the situation. Hopefully there is someone we can trust in the room.

Reaction Score
Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls · 1h1 hour ago

We'll be pushing deadlines tonight with the Boren filibuster and all.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Who would have thought that academics may end up mattering more to the Big 12 then it did to the ACC when it came to choosing members

Even though he mentioned it last its good to know we are the top option academically.

Top option academically, top revenue, top choice in terms of TV numbers...we're just out of fit geographically. Let's hope we check off enough boxes, build some winning seasons in the Big XII and then screw them over and bolt for greener pastures as quickly as possible. I dunno about you guys, but the Big XII feels too Big East Part Deux to feel comfortable in for too long :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
George Schroeder ‏@GeorgeSchroeder · 2h2 hours ago
Boren on potential Big 12 changes: “I’d rather be right than hasty.”

Boren: Other Power 5 schools aren’t candidates for Big 12 expansion. “We have to be realistic about the schools that are available."

Boren: “We want to make sure expansion candidates “are not dilutive” to the Big 12 athletically, academically, fan base, media markets, etc.

Reaction Score
Guerin Emig ‏@GuerinEmig · 2h2 hours ago
Asked for OU expansion stance, Boren says "We're waiting."

Boren believes all Big 12 CEOs willing to take data back to campuses before adoption expansion positions.

Boren: "I think we're in a period where yes, we do have challenges..But we also have opportunities. We've never had better bedrock (Bowlsby)

David Boren calls Texas colleague Greg Fenves "outstanding president" and "extraordinary person."

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 2h2 hours ago
Oklahoma president David Boren says Big 12 meetings are data-gathering not decision-making.

Boren: "We are concerned with revenue unbalances with other conferences. ... That's the first thing we have to look at."

Oklahoma president David Boren: "We're going to have to sort through all possible strategies, not just one strategy or a network strategy."

Oklahoma president David Boren on expansion and power five teams: "We have to be realistic about the pool that is available."

David Boren: "Nothing I've said is aimed at creating a disadvantage for the University of Texas." Praises Texas president Greg Fenves.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 1h1 hour ago
As Big 12 expansion criteria, OU president David Boren mentioned athletic fit, fan base, media markets and academic reputation.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

From the link:

“The case has to be a strong one to make such a major change that’s going to have downstream consequences as TV contracts get to the near end of their term,” he added.

Conference expansion triggers another set of questions, so Fenves said the league must be thoughtful before making any changes.

“Just to expand to 12 just to have 12 because it’s in our (conference) name, there has to be a strong case from a competitive, business and quality perspective,” Fenves said.

“We have a strong brand and a strong relationship with ESPN,” Fenves said. “It would have to be a really compelling case for the economic benefits, the non-monetary benefits and the branding we get from the Longhorn Network to make that a realistic possibility.

“And I think my colleagues on the Big 12 board understand that. That’s not news to them.”

so+you're+telling+me+there's+a+chance.jpg

Reaction Score

@GuerinEmig
Boren: "We didn't get into financial distribution today." (Asked about @dennisdoddcbs report re potential $1 billion windfall w/ expansion)

Jeez..........Just add UCONN and Cincinnati starting with the 2017-18 school year. Go with two 6 team divisions, play a CCG, and everybody makes more money..." We ain't splitting atoms here." If they don't like it going forward, doesn't the BIG12 GOR expire in 2024? They can blow it up and become free agents with no financial damage... As a Cincinnati fan, we despise That Ohio State University. That Ohio State, along with Michigan to a lesser degree, dictate policy to the rest of the BIG10. That Ohio State does not publicly force Indiana, Purdue, NW, Iowa, etc. to drop their drawers and take it on a daily basis for all the world to see. That Ohio State is a prima donna, but at least they have a little class. Texas seems to focus all their attention on publicly jamming their conference mates, just for the sheer joy of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom