Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 941 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Plus, it's only about an 8 mile stretch on Route 195 from campus to say Electric Blue e.g. with plenty of real estate along the way. Easily make it a 3 or 4 lane road with one-way options during game day.

Regarding scheduling, it seems some P2 would still want or need to play your Okie State, Oregon State, Washington State, Cal, Florida State, etc.
That would be an interesting promotional opportunity, go to a football game and get passes for discounted lap dances and a free buffet at a strip club.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Traffic in CT is 90% due to poor lane discipline. Slow people in the passing lane refusing to push over.

The good news about an on-campus stadium is that Route 195 is only one lane... problem solved... ;)
I'm only a "traffic engineer" on the boneyard, but if we ever get a stadium on campus, we make 195 a three-lane road and the center lane alternates depending on the flow of traffic. May require a lot of cones (and people to move them once the game starts), or some other new fangled way to control traffic flow. I'm sure my fellow boneyard traffic engineers have some solutions for us.

Reaction Score
I'm only a "traffic engineer" on the boneyard, but if we ever get a stadium on campus, we make 195 a three-lane road and the center lane alternates depending on the flow of traffic. May require a lot of cones (and people to move them once the game starts), or some other new fangled way to control traffic flow. I'm sure my fellow boneyard traffic engineers have some solutions for us.

The old Tappan Zee Bridge Zipper system is probably sitting in a warehouse waiting to be dusted off.

1000005557.jpg

Reaction Score
The old Tappan Zee Bridge Zipper system is probably sitting in a warehouse waiting to be dusted off.

View attachment 104238
I was just thinking of that thing. I think San Francisco also has a similar system on some of its bridges to add capacity in the higher demand direction. Or you could do what they do in construction zones that they set up and pick up each night where it's just a guy in the back of a truck setting out cones or those orange barrel things for miles and it only takes 15-20 mins.

Reaction Score
I just dont know how the infrastructure can support it. It would be great, but they need new roads for 195 and 44 aren’t gonna do for football traffic.

Remember, it’s CT, everything is a PIA in this state.
Go to a Patriots game in Foxboro. They are able to make Rt.1 go in one direction each way to the highways from the stadium on game days. Remember, you don't have to get 40k into Storrs if it is a 45k stadium as the students would be almost 10k of that.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Needs to be in a place where a concert can be held. Get some actual use out of it. The Rent could have had a lot of bands there. I'd put a roof on a new one.

Reaction Score
I am for a stadium there, eventually.

When you hit CT traffic all you do is complain!

But, traffic sucks in CT. It crushes your soul and will to live. Friend of mine works in Storrs, yesterday from Storrs to Farmington home it was nearly 2 hours. There was some accident or something. That is extreme. But a 40 minute ride shouldn’t take 80 minutes. I have grown to loathe going east of the river.

One jackass in a car can ruin the day for thousands here.
east of the river??? I commute from New Haven to Stamford very day!!!

Reaction Score
Needs to be in a place where a concert can be held. Get some actual use out of it. The Rent could have had a lot of bands there. I'd put a roof on a new one.
saw the Police and Springsteen there, great shows. The neighbors put a stop to that.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Is there a clip of this somewhere? That is big if true
Didn't find the exact wording, but in yesterday's video at the 28 min mark Flugar starts talking about Yormark and how he thinks he'll get what he wants.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but his facial expressions seemed to be coyish. He didn't mention UConn specifically, though I think we were mentioned as ingredients in a soup that Yormark wants with respect to expansion. An Arizona fan in the chat wrote, "That's why we need to add Uconn" while another wrote, "uconn is in...the time isnt right yet".
Meanwhile, it's Fall and leaves are turning colors, yeah for things that are actually happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom