Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 939 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score

Or it will not work as they think. Potential problems for lesser teams, and how will Alabama feel about adding a potential loss to, let’s say Ohio State, the schedule? Plus I’m not sure how different it is from just regular scheduling unless you have “ inter-league day” mid-season and line up the games then so you know you are getting top teams against top teams. Not so sure a 4-3 Alabama vs a 5-2 Michigan is goi g to be a huge draw. I know what they WANT to do. Just not sure it will work as they expect.

Reaction Score
Or it will not work as they think. Potential problems for lesser teams, and how will Alabama feel about adding a potential loss to, let’s say Ohio State, the schedule? Plus I’m not sure how different it is from just regular scheduling unless you have “ inter-league day” mid-season and line up the games then so you know you are getting top teams against top teams. Not so sure a 4-3 Alabama vs a 5-2 Michigan is goi g to be a huge draw. I know what they WANT to do. Just not sure it will work as they expect.
Also, the tough scheduling could cost them at large bids. If Alabama ends up 8-4 they could miss the playoffs if the ACC and Big 12 have 10-2 teams under consideration.

Reaction Score
Also, the tough scheduling could cost them at large bids. If Alabama ends up 8-4 they could miss the playoffs if the ACC and Big 12 have 10-2 teams under consideration.
That’s the thing though. The SEC/B1G are already angling for 4 auto berths per year (8 out of 12). This scheduling alliance will not harm them against other conferences.

Reaction Score
It won’t. They’ll point to the strength of schedule saying they’d be 10-2 as well if they got to play Wake Forest and Cal, instead of Penn State or Tennessee non-conference.

The more they isolate themselves from playing the lessor P4 conferences, the harder the distinction becomes that it’s really a P2 and M2 because you can’t point to examples where a top P2 or average P2 is similar to a top or average M2.

That ultimately lets them claim 3 autobids each, with auto bids for the next 3 top conference champions and at larges for the other 3 spots (or perhaps 5 at larges with the P2 champs getting byes to the second round and the other conference champs having to make it through the first round).

Reaction Score
I know its not realistic. but since the Big10 and SEC are eventually going to try and take everything. Does it make sense for everyone else to break off first. ACC, Big 12 and Big East makes for damn fine basketball along with all the other mid major conferences that would easily dwarf what the BIG 2 can do and the football isnt all that horrendous either and would at a minimum take some of the legitamacy of the Big2. Just set up a separate football division and do their own bowl games etc. Pretend the Big2 doesnt exist.

Reaction Score
I know its not realistic. but since the Big10 and SEC are eventually going to try and take everything. Does it make sense for everyone else to break off first. ACC, Big 12 and Big East makes for damn fine basketball along with all the other mid major conferences that would easily dwarf what the BIG 2 can do and the football isnt all that horrendous either and would at a minimum take some of the legitamacy of the Big2. Just set up a separate football division and do their own bowl games etc. Pretend the Big2 doesnt exist.
basketball would be very good and entertaining, but basketball doesn't matter in all of this.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Winner of Alabama vs. OSU won't matter. They'll both make the playoffs regardless.

Reaction Score
Just ignore the P2. I've considered that for a while but the consensus is, that's what the P2 want.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

More likely is the SEC and B1G become the leagues. SEC is aligned with Disney/ABC/ESPN and B1G aligned with FOX. They'll keep their existing teams and absorb the rest as associate or affiliate members. Each side will run their own championships and the winner of the B1G and SEC will then play for a national championship. Rotate the championship game between FOX and Disney every other year.
64 teams. Each side takes 32 and has four divisions of 8.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
While I don't want to see the MAC randomly cut up by bottom tier MWC, and don't think it'll happen, maybe it will induce Buffalo to finally look east for conference affiliation

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
While I don't want to see the MAC randomly cut up by bottom tier MWC, and don't think it'll happen, maybe it will induce Buffalo to finally look east for conference affiliation
What eastern conference? They are closer to the MAC than the Sunbelt or others.

Reaction Score
More likely is the SEC and B1G become the leagues. SEC is aligned with Disney/ABC/ESPN and B1G aligned with FOX. They'll keep their existing teams and absorb the rest as associate or affiliate members. Each side will run their own championships and the winner of the B1G and SEC will then play for a national championship. Rotate the championship game between FOX and Disney every other year.
64 teams. Each side takes 32 and has four divisions of 8.
But there aren’t enough programs that make the money worth it to invite that many teams to join the P2. There are only a handful of teams now that would make sense.

Reaction Score
No. Same problem with a g5 tournament. You're legitimizing your own split.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
But there aren’t enough programs that make the money worth it to invite that many teams to join the P2. There are only a handful of teams now that would make sense.

The two conferences will control close to 100% of CFB money. They need some dregs on the bottom to keep the Auburns and the Iowas happy with 8-4 records.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
That’s the thing though. The SEC/B1G are already angling for 4 auto berths per year (8 out of 12). This scheduling alliance will not harm them against other conferences.
It's this right here. They can do these big money games and earn even more cash because after this season they'll change the CFP so that each conference gets 2-3 autobids each

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom