Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 942 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Is there a clip of this somewhere? That is big if true
Charlie Brown Football GIF

Reaction Score
Didn't find the exact wording, but in yesterday's video at the 28 min mark Flugar starts talking about Yormark and how he thinks he'll get what he wants.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but his facial expressions seemed to be coyish. He didn't mention UConn specifically, though I think we were mentioned as ingredients in a soup that Yormark wants with respect to expansion. An Arizona fan in the chat wrote, "That's why we need to add Uconn" while another wrote, "uconn is in...the time isnt right yet".
Meanwhile, it's Fall and leaves are turning colors, yeah for things that are actually happening.

He also said in that video that the UConn-Big 12 talks will become public early next year. He said that in a prior video, too.

I didn't hear him say anything about a private equity investor wanting UConn, but in a prior video he said that Yormark is working on certain things that have to happen before UConn is added. One of those was private equity,

Reaction Score
He also said in that video that the UConn-Big 12 talks will become public early next year. He said that in a prior video, too.

I didn't hear him say anything about a private equity investor wanting UConn, but in a prior video he said that Yormark is working on certain things that have to happen before UConn is added. One of those was private equity,

Private equity is far from certain. So if he is right about Private Equity then we are still a longshot.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Private equity is far from certain. So if he is right about Private Equity then we are still a longshot.
True, but If private equity expressly indicated that we added value to the conference, I have to believe that is a good thing.

Reaction Score
Flugaur also mentioned LIV Golf wanted to talk to Yormark about him becoming their CEO. Yormark declined. I wonder if this makes the Big 12 Presidents more inclined to give him what he wants (UConn). As I said before, I'm always looking for some angle that's a positive for us.

Reaction Score

He has speculated Nationwide Insurance, if they pay to have the B12 renamed to the Nationwide Conference, may want a New York City presence That's where UConn may come in.

Reaction Score
True, but If private equity expressly indicated that we added value to the conference, I have to believe that is a good thing.

But if they pass on PE, as they should. They are passing on us too.

Reaction Score
Big 12 would be great but extra travel would suck and I say that watching several of the pac 12 teams struggling in the big10 and acc, as well as b12.

CL82

Reaction Score
But if they pass on PE, as they should. They are passing on us too.
Possibly, but not necessarily. They could decide that we bring value but not decide to bring in private equity. But who knows? We don't even know if the whole PE rumor is even true.

Reaction Score
Big 12 would be great but extra travel would suck and I say that watching several of the pac 12 teams struggling in the big10 and acc, as well as b12.
I don’t know about the travel. Yeah not great we can’t go to road games easily, but I know that back in the 1960-70s there were some pretty good college baseball teams in the Northeast. UConn, Maine (had 3 pitchers who pitched in the majors on one team in the early 1970s including Bobby Witt, father of the current star) and BC all played in the college World Series at one time or another. St John’s and Seton Hall were very good and both produced top major leaguers. Over time as the academic year ended earlier and earlier, and the college season started earlier and earlier, northern clubs began to struggle. Then they figured out how to change the model and instead of 1 spring break Florida trip to start the season they began making multiple warm weather trips. They adapted and now the ones who did are competitive again. That, I think will happen to teams that need to travel long distances in basketball and football. They will figure out a strategy, be it leave Tuesday to acclimate or something else. Once they do the current disadvantages will shrink.

Reaction Score
I was hoping
Possibly, but not necessarily. They could decide that we bring value but not decide to bring in private equity. But who knows? We don't even know if the whole PE rumor is even true.
I was hoping it was Allstate that was pushing for us.

I hate the idea of PE in college sports.

Reaction Score
Travel for what?

Football has 6 at most travel games. As an independent, we’ll go to whomever will take us.

Basketball travels to Midwest slot already. Is Kansas, Texas, az or Colorado that much worse than Wisconsin, Nebraska, Chicago?

Baseball spends first month playing in Florida and/or California.

The status quo is not sustainable. Some of Our marquee sports (wbb/baseball) actually suffer being in a conf with “less travel” but no sig competition ( and MBB may fall in same trap if someone in BE doesn’t get it together soon).

I understand Olympic sports suffering, but field hockey never left BE and hockey is covered. Really what we’re down to is the cross country team earning their name!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Something. Is. Up.

We're not doing the monitoring. Someone Big is monitoring us. Pack the rent.
Anyone who wants to improve our possibility of landing in a P level conference should invest a few hours Saturday to take in the game at the Rent. If you need tickets, they should be very reasonable through the athletic department's ticket office. If that's beyond what you want to spend, send me a DM. I may have two spare tickets.

Reaction Score
The athletic department needs to do what they do for Bowl games, let people who don't live in Connecticut but want to support the football team purchase tickets that can then be given to different groups. Let's say 50 dollars for 2 tickets.

CL82

Reaction Score
I was hoping

I was hoping it was Allstate that was pushing for us.

I hate the idea of PE in college sports.
Private equity in college sports, in all likelihood, will end badly for those who choose to dip into that particular well. so far, I haven't seen a single idea floated that would be a long-term net positive for the institutions.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Anyone who wants to improve our possibility of landing in a P level conference should invest a few hours Saturday to take in the game at the Rent. If you need tickets, they should be very reasonable through the athletic department's ticket office. If that's beyond what you want to spend, send me a DM. I may have two spare tickets.
The athletic department needs to do what they do for Bowl games, let people who don't live in Connecticut but want to support the football team purchase tickets that can then be given to different groups. Let's say 50 dollars for 2 tickets.
I have six season tickets and give them away to people on the boneyard easily, but I can't for the life of me give them away for FREE to any friends and family -- and I have a big group of friends (many who went to UConn). Maybe I need new friends lol

I have not been able to get more than 3-4 friends together for a game since early 2010's. Maybe it's because we sucked so bad for so long, maybe it's because I'm based in Fairfield County, or maybe it's because we're at the age where we have young kids and a lot going on the weekends (I miss half the games too because of this), but damn it's depressing. The team clearly needs our support -- we gotta market ourselves to a power conference and I feel like it's a do or die point in time.

Reaction Score
I understand Olympic sports suffering, but field hockey never left BE and hockey is covered. Really what we’re down to is the cross country team earning their name!
Realistically for Track/Cross Country, Swimming etc it's not a dual meet scenario where you're flying them out to win, they'll compete locally and in invitationals, then fly out for a conference championship meet.

The non-revenue sports with travel concerns are your team sports, where Wins/Losses are measured in the standings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom