Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 929 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I may be changing my mind here on who I want in the PAC with us. Texas St has a bunch of positives, but I just really like UTEP. I wonder if separating them from NM State could be a problem? Maybe PAC gets UTEP, Texas St stays in the Sun Belt, Sac St moves up to join the MWC with NM St?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Locking in my prediction:

Texas State > PAC
UTEP and NMSU > MW
UConn football only > PAC
Gonzaga basketball et al > PAC

UConn annual basketball game with Gonzaga plus one additional PAC game.

No or limited exit fee for us.

Done by Friday night.

Reaction Score
“Want” to only add one more member or “can’t”?

PAC needs one more full member and MWC needs two. Where are all these programs gonna come from? Western block of Sun Belt I guess? Are they gonna wanna leave to join the giant cluster that these two leagues have created?

Move up a bunch of FCS schools?

What a mess.
Mess is right. Now there’s two unstable conferences out west. Ridiculous. All of this is being determined by the timing of contracts and exit fees, which is wild to think about. It’s even conceivable that the pac12 would’ve gotten a much better media deal if their media contract expired after this year instead of last, and nobody would’ve defected.

Reaction Score

Texas State > PAC
UTEP and NMSU > MW

Done by Friday night.
No one wants 8. No stability.

Texas St and UTEP to PAC
NMSU and a Dakota FCS to MWC

—Pause—

PAC wants Gonzaga as a 10th all sport member. With us to complement as a FB tenth. Gonzaga balks cuz this PAC ain’t what they envisioned. This drags out awhile.

MWC sits awhile cuz they have no choice. It’s really not an attractive conference anymore for an upgrade for, say, NIU.

Eventually they both get to 10 somehow. 50/50 it involves us and Gonzaga.

Reaction Score

Texas State > PAC
UTEP and NMSU > MW

Done by Friday night.
Works for me.

I like the cut of your jib.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

Texas State > PAC
UTEP and NMSU > MW

Done by Friday night.
The fourth one in the parlay I'm not buying. I don't think Gonzaga looks the Pac-12 and jumps.

Reaction Score
No one wants 8. No stability.

Texas St and UTEP to PAC
NMSU and a Dakota FCS to MWC

—Pause—

PAC wants Gonzaga as a 10th all sport member. With us to complement as a FB tenth. Gonzaga balks cuz this PAC ain’t what they envisioned. This drags out awhile.

MWC sits awhile cuz they have no choice. It’s really not an attractive conference anymore for an upgrade for, say, NIU.

Eventually they both get to 10 somehow. 50/50 it involves us and Gonzaga.
I think the PAC wants 8 + us and Gonzaga, giving 8 conference games for football and 16 for basketball.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The fourth one in the parlay I'm not buying. I don't think Gonzaga looks the Pac-12 and jumps.
Agree that’s the toughest call from the outside but Brett McMurphy/Action Network are sticking by their source and reporting that Gonzaga to PAC is done deal so there’s that gnawing at me.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Agree that’s the toughest call from the outside but Brett McMurphy/Action Network are sticking by their source and reporting that Gonzaga to PAC is done deal so there’s that gnawing at me.
The Gonzaga AD shooting it down directly makes me think it's not going to happen.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
My take is that they were going PAC 12 but still attempting one last swing at Big 12.
IMG_8502.jpeg

Reaction Score

Texas State > PAC
UTEP and NMSU > MW

Done by Friday night.

Hope so by Friday. Not sure how much longer my bender can go without calling in the EMTs.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If discussions with Texas St are really going on, it would not surprise me to see UTSA reconsider. I imagine the Pac-(whatever number) is advantageous over the AAC and UTSA likely would not be happy ceding an advantage to Texas St.

I could even see both joining the Pac together if things fell into place correctly.

I'm pretty sure that in Texas, the university endowment is pooled for all public state universities and UT Austin is basically in charge of the funds (with limitations on what they can do). There are always political moves when it comes to discretionary use so if a sufficient number of state politicians view this as an opportunity to advance both schools the money may appear.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I may be changing my mind here on who I want in the PAC with us. Texas St has a bunch of positives, but I just really like UTEP. I wonder if separating them from NM State could be a problem? Maybe PAC gets UTEP, Texas St stays in the Sun Belt, Sac St moves up to join the MWC with NM St?
UTEP has been slowly shrinking in terms of brand/name recognition and the growth of Texas St and UTSA has not helped on that front.

NM St by all rights should do what Idaho did and drop down. They will never be competitive in football at even the lowest FBS level beyond perhaps a stray moment here and there.

Reaction Score
Debated where to drop this but since it has AD Dave talking - this spot will do:

-> UConn Huskies' Strategic Moves in Conference Realignment: What Lies Ahead? The UConn Huskies, with their formidable basketball brand and prime media market position, are poised for significant shifts as conferences realign. Athletic Director David Benedict is steering the team towards both immediate success and future stability.

Explore how NIL and revenue sharing are transforming UConn's recruitment strategies, allowing them to compete with Power 5 schools, especially in football. The episode delves into UConn's brand evolution, highlighting their national recognition and competitive facilities. While an on-campus football stadium isn't on the horizon, the focus remains on leveraging Rentschler Field. Challenges in supporting non-revenue sports are addressed, with UConn's commitment to maintaining competitiveness across all sports.

Join us for an engaging discussion on UConn Huskies' path to success and the strategic decisions shaping their future. Listen now for exclusive insights and expert analysis. <-

Reaction Score
I think this is absolutely shaping up for us to join as a football-only member. They just need to sign up the 8th school and work out whatever details they need to with Gonzaga.
If you are referring to the MWC, I believe they get the 2-year grace period to get back to 8 programs. They should immediately go ahead and invite UConn and Gonzaga because the next full-time member would be sure to follow. Not that I would be very excited about joining the MWC in football. PAC, sure. Same situation. Strike while the iron is hot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom