Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 930 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
If you are referring to the MWC, I believe they get the 2-year grace period to get back to 8 programs. They should immediately go ahead and invite UConn and Gonzaga because the next full-time member would be sure to follow. Not that I would be very excited about joining the MWC in football. PAC, sure. Same situation. Strike while the iron is hot.
This is a good point. In theory, UConn has two options. Could come down to money/exit fee.

Reaction Score
Question: Can UConn join a reformulated Pac-12 (or Pac-8, Pac-10) without violating its contract with the Big East? Under the terms of the 2019 deal, UConn agreed not to seek football membership in a Power Five conference. Even though a new Pac-12 would in practice function as a G5-type conference, can the Big East still interfere with the deal and demand large penalty fees because of the Pac-12 name and its legacy as a P-5?

Reaction Score
Question: Can UConn join a reformulated Pac-12 (or Pac-8, Pac-10) without violating its contract with the Big East? Under the terms of the 2019 deal, UConn agreed not to seek football membership in a Power Five conference. Even though a new Pac-12 would in practice function as a G5-type conference, can the Big East still interfere with the deal and demand large penalty fees because of the Pac-12 name and its legacy as a P-5?
I believe that was only for the first 2 or 3 years after UConn joined the Big East. I'll try to find the documentation or maybe someone else has it.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I believe that was only for the first 2 or 3 years after UConn joined the Big East. I'll try to find the documentation or maybe someone else has it.
From the first page of the UConn Big East Agreement:

Capture.JPG

From page 3:
Capture.JPG

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
continued from pages 4 and 5:
Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

That captures most of the football mentions in the document. The execution date was June 26, 2019, assuming the document I have is legit.

Reaction Score
From the first page of the UConn Big East Agreement:

View attachment 103748
From page 3:
View attachment 103749
Thanks. The prohibition was only for the period of time when we agreed to join and when we actually joined. We could not talk to a Power 5 conference about joining.

The real penalty is in the exit fees. $30M if UConn departs within the first six years, $15M for years seven through nine, and $10M at year 10 and after.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Debated where to drop this but since it has AD Dave talking - this spot will do:

-> UConn Huskies' Strategic Moves in Conference Realignment: What Lies Ahead? The UConn Huskies, with their formidable basketball brand and prime media market position, are poised for significant shifts as conferences realign. Athletic Director David Benedict is steering the team towards both immediate success and future stability.

Explore how NIL and revenue sharing are transforming UConn's recruitment strategies, allowing them to compete with Power 5 schools, especially in football. The episode delves into UConn's brand evolution, highlighting their national recognition and competitive facilities. While an on-campus football stadium isn't on the horizon, the focus remains on leveraging Rentschler Field. Challenges in supporting non-revenue sports are addressed, with UConn's commitment to maintaining competitiveness across all sports.

Join us for an engaging discussion on UConn Huskies' path to success and the strategic decisions shaping their future. Listen now for exclusive insights and expert analysis. <-

Wtf is Dave doing on Zanetto? Don't give that ass hat any credibility

Reaction Score
Wtf is Dave doing on Zanetto? Don't give that ass hat any credibility
Zanetto must have some cred to get that much time with Benedict. Starting at 14:50 DB talks about the facilities and The Rent. He's a very reassuring presence.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Debated where to drop this but since it has AD Dave talking - this spot will do:

-> UConn Huskies' Strategic Moves in Conference Realignment: What Lies Ahead? The UConn Huskies, with their formidable basketball brand and prime media market position, are poised for significant shifts as conferences realign. Athletic Director David Benedict is steering the team towards both immediate success and future stability.

Explore how NIL and revenue sharing are transforming UConn's recruitment strategies, allowing them to compete with Power 5 schools, especially in football. The episode delves into UConn's brand evolution, highlighting their national recognition and competitive facilities. While an on-campus football stadium isn't on the horizon, the focus remains on leveraging Rentschler Field. Challenges in supporting non-revenue sports are addressed, with UConn's commitment to maintaining competitiveness across all sports.

Join us for an engaging discussion on UConn Huskies' path to success and the strategic decisions shaping their future. Listen now for exclusive insights and expert analysis. <-

Very much key. Sounded to me like AD Dave is confident we’ll eventually got a spot in a P4 conference.

Was interesting to me that he mentioned that there people touring the facilities recently saying that we had top third facilities in the country of the power conference schools. I wonder if this was Big 12 folks or endeavor or someone else.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Zanetto must have some cred to get that much time with Benedict. Starting at 14:50 DB talks about the facilities and The Rent. He's a very reassuring presence.
Ugh, don't make me watch it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom