Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 919 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And thery will have our administrators fly out west to make another presentation and they say no thanks.
Fiddler On The Roof Broadway GIF by GREAT PERFORMANCES | PBS

Reaction Score
In all candor I don't see how a court can rule in favor of FSU in a summary judgment.

FSU is basically saying "there really is no case, but as we are a state entity in the state where you are the legal branch, be a pal and rule in our favor".
Well sovereign immunity is a powerful argument. It is essentially, I can do what I want.

Reaction Score
As a football only, I can see this being viable. Not optimal, but viable.
Come on, fball has been historically bad. You get that offer you count your blessings and take it without a second thought. Short of the b10 calling or maybe possibly the b12 finally coming to their senses you aren't doing better. Both are unlikely and the pac-6 or 12 or whatever throwing a life raft to uconn fball only is more than they deserve. Your scenario is great cause it comes with the Added bonus of keeping bball in the BE and a chance to improve fball with some solid fball conference mates.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Well sovereign immunity is a powerful argument. It is essentially, I can do what I want.
Yeah, but from time to time you'll see a state settle with someone who filed a grievance against them (due to state troopers/state administration/whatever abusing/misusing their authority) because basically they realize they should provide settlement.

They've always had sovereign immunity as a free pass but rarely use it due to the reality that just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.

If the Florida courts use this for FSU it could have serious repercussions, many of which could end up hurting the state of Florida in the long run.

Reaction Score
But if FSU wins their case in these grounds- it presents the notion that the state of FL never has to honor any contracts of any kind. That means they can break a three year contract to provide cheddar cheese to public schools in Orlando or whatever. In college football it means apple, fox, nbc, espn, amazon, whatever should have no faith in their next deal. Yikes.

1 year deals for everyone!! Sound famiiar?

Reaction Score
Come on, fball has been historically bad. You get that offer you count your blessings and take it without a second thought. Short of the b10 calling or maybe possibly the b12 finally coming to their senses you aren't doing better. Both are unlikely and the pac-6 or 12 or whatever throwing a life raft to uconn fball only is more than they deserve. Your scenario is great cause it comes with the Added bonus of keeping bball in the BE and a chance to improve fball with some solid fball conference mates.
.....you do realize I agree with you (except the historically bad part).

Reaction Score
It’s the worst possible geographical conference possible which is a red flag.
Even as a football only and charters which are necessary to get to some of these places travel will be huge for an all sport costs and travel will be crazy .
The MW makes $4,000,000 a team
To entice the top AAC schools who are making in excess of $10,000,000 a year to be in for all sports is going to require a bunch of money
I like OSU and WSU but the PAC less USC and UCLA was worth $31,000,000 , and two of the bottom schools are left , how exactly do they get to a number that’s workable.

Reaction Score
.....you do realize I agree with you (except the historically bad part).
Fair enough my bad

I will say it's a minor miracle they are only down 7-0 after 15. Hopefully they continue and have a nice drive to start the 2nd and gain some confidence

Reaction Score
Just because is in “serious conversations” doesn’t mean the AAC is plan A.

The goal could be to force the PACs hand sooner rather than later, and if not then going to the AAc.

Reaction Score
The quote....from the New Mexico State AD is a succinct restatement of what we have known,,,and talked about on the Yard.

“That has been my No. 1 goal, to get us in an FBS conference,” Moccia said. “Football is the fat kid on the teeter-totter, right? You have as many other things on one side, and you put down football and [it outweighs everything].”

Reaction Score
The quote....from the New Mexico State AD is a succinct restatement of what we have known,,,and talked about on the Yard.

“That has been my No. 1 goal, to get us in an FBS conference,” Moccia said. “Football is the fat kid on the teeter-totter, right? You have as many other things on one side, and you put down football and [it outweighs everything].”
Great analogy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom