Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 921 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Doesn't the AAC make $10 million per school?

The AAC TV deal is distributed unequally. The legacy members get the original $7M full share, while the 6 new additions split 3 full shares.

Legacy Full Share
Navy / Wichita St
Temple
ECU
USF
Tulane
Memphis
Tulsa
(Army) -- believed to have assumed the football portion of SMU's prior full share.

Expansion Half Share
UAB
UTSA
North Texas
Rice
FAU
Charlotte

Reaction Score
Nope. Many of them don't even get full shares too.
Right but I think the schools in question are getting full shares (except UTSA). I looked again last night I believe the speculation is $8-9 million is the full school distribution for a full share (tv money, credits, CFP).

From a monetary standpoint, this new PAC conference is probably going to be sitting around 9-11 million at best so it wouldn’t make sense with exit fees and an extra $2 million annually in travel and such but I’m not gonna stop Memphis from doing dumb things so they can have at it.

Reaction Score
Right but I think the schools in question are getting full shares (except UTSA). I looked again last night I believe the speculation is $8-9 million is the full school distribution for a full share (tv money, credits, CFP).

From a monetary standpoint, this new PAC conference is probably going to be sitting around 9-11 million at best so it wouldn’t make sense with exit fees and an extra $2 million annually in travel and such but I’m not gonna stop Memphis from doing dumb things so they can have at it.

It’s not 8-9 million even for a full.

Plus the have to pay for ESPN+ productions.

That’s why when we played Rice last season it looked like Public Access Cable level production.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This outcome is not surprising given the three cons here: i) not a substantive increase in media revenue, ii) the substantial exit fees and iii) the increased travel.

But its still possible these AAC schools end up in this new fangled P12 at some point in the future should the new P12 have some success and when the AAC exit fees begin to wind down. That point in time might even be just a few years from now....depends on what traction the new P12 really can establish.

Plus, USF, Memphis & Tulane all still see themselves as having some sort of chance with the B12 and/or ACC in the years ahead.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I would take a football only deal with the PAC 12, if offered. Since football is considered to be 80% of what media distribution deals are worth, 80% of 10 to 15,000,000 would equate to eight to $12 million for football. That would certainly help in making ends meet.

Not that I expect to get the offer

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I don't think any of the remaining MWC schools move the needle for them outside Air Force.
Might as well try to grab UNLV along with Air Force to build out a western flank + expand into a huge market

Reaction Score
I would take a football only deal with the PAC 12, if offered. Since football is considered to be 80% of what media distribution deals are worth, 80% of 10 to 15,000,000 would equate to eight to $12 million for football. That would certainly help in making ends meet.

Not that I expect to get the offer
Not the worst idea, especially if the conference only has 8 members. Obligated to only 7 league games per year (so only 3.5 trips west a year) and the freedom to schedule the other 5 games as we see fit.

I don't expect to get the offer either, but if they call, I'm answering.

Reaction Score
This will be an unpopular take here but needs to be said: if we are really looking at football only somewhere (highly skeptical that it ever happens), the AAC is a better fit than the PAC.

Reaction Score
Please please please invite our football program. Leave basketball in the Big East, put football in the PAC. And everyone is happy in the short term. Plus it's an extra $7-8M in our pocket which would be huge for our budget.
This would be the ideal outcome for us and the PAC-12 if we can get a football only membership. If Zags can get full share without football, then we are really been under valued.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom