Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 917 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Show me where the $15mm was a firm number. All I saw were a handful of wild ass guesses on what we would receive.

The figure I used in my example was the figure from the post I quoted.

One significant reason that I am not currently on the ledge many from this site are currently occupying is that I did not view this round as make or break for our programs. If we improve football we will be fine. If we don't, we won't. Spending the next half dozen years under our current situation is not materially different than if we received the partial B-12 invitation.
I never said it was a firm number, I just said it was the number that I was seeing thrown around.

(By the way, you didn't link anything in the post that I replied to.)

IMG_4213.jpeg

CL82

Reaction Score
Also, the report was that we'd get 4 football games a year against Big XII teams, which would completely change our schedule as an independent, would help recruiting and would likely have increased home attendance. If it was $15m and 4 games that easily makes financial sense.
Especially if the football admission in 2031 was conditioned upon specific spending criteria, the obtaining of which would be entirely in our control.

Reaction Score
UConn technically has football but it certainly has brought zero success to our basketball program. You can say the same for Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, Nova, UNC. The overwhelming majority of basketball national championships are won by the basketball schools.
Those schools enjoy the money their football brings in.

Nova is the only school they doesn’t have major football revenue.

Reaction Score
If this is true then Benedict fumbled bad. Hopefully it’s not or wildly blown out of proportion. If not. This is very bad. Like go find a new job bad.

I want to not believe this, but if our marketing department was involved in any way, shape, or form I would not completely doubt this. We have all seen the incompetence of UConn AD's marketing team etc.. heck just look at our roster ... maybe they pitched our opening game vs. NC State this year in the meeting.

CL82

Reaction Score
Also, the report was that we'd get 4 football games a year against Big XII teams, which would completely change our schedule as an independent, would help recruiting and would likely have increased home attendance. If it was $15m and 4 games that easily makes financial sense.
Especially if the football admission in 2031 was conditioned upon specific financial criteria, the obtaining of which would be entirely in our control.

Reaction Score
If this is true then Benedict fumbled bad. Hopefully it’s not or wildly blown out of proportion. If not. This is very bad. Like go find a new job bad.

This is a fake account. Same thing as the Simon Charles NFL “reporter” account. It's just a troll account. People buy the premium Twitter thing so they can get a blue checkmark and fool people into thinking they’re real reporters. I guess it works sometimes…

But ya, fake account. Ignore it

Reaction Score
This is a fake account. Same thing as the Simon Charles NFL “reporter” account. It's just a troll account. People buy the premium Twitter thing so they can get a blue checkmark and fool people into thinking they’re real reporters. I guess it works sometimes…

But ya, fake account. Ignore it

Definitely fake if they are worried about men's basketball attendance and Uconn educational achievements. We just sold out our season tickets for this year and last year most games were a sell out. As noted before we would be the best ranked school as far ad education is concerned.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We won’t be the only ones in the hurt locker. Let some other schools cut it and we can benefit.

If Wyoming can field an FBS team then Connecticut can.

Yes, Connecticut absolutely can (and should) field an FBS team.

And so does the public flagship universities in Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Delaware, Massachusetts and New York (SUNY Buffalo) - and none of them will ever be in a Power Conference.

Reaction Score

More trolling coming from him. 10-12 years is definitely trolling as nobody knows what college football will be like then.

Reaction Score
What ever is really happening, we need to realize that time is of the essence. Ned Lamont is key to getting something done. He gets the money issues crystal clearly! He has private sector experience and understands the realities of college athletics as a business. When he leaves God only knows which uninformed career politician will be the Governor/Ex Officio Chair of the BOT.

I think Lamont grasps the problem. He knows that the P-2 is primed to move on BB as they have in FB. Then what? UConn should be at any table where the fate of BB is being determined. Will we be?

Is UConn going to become a discrete Catholic private institution located in the Northeast w/o football? The BE is perfect for StJ, PC, GT etc but not for UConn. Simply put, we are a fish out of water in the BE and we need to get into a suitable lake.

Importantly, We need to redouble our efforts and get it done while Lamont is still in charge.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Somewhat unusual statement to make by the Big 10. It feels like a CYA from a tortious interference suit from the ACC, since that league is probably pretty pissed. I don't think it means much beyond that. They can "change their mind" any time they want.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Did they say this crap right before they grabbed Oregon and Washington too? These statements mean nothing. They will expand when they see an opportunity to do so.

The B1G is done expanding........until UNC and Virginia (and whoever they want to bring with them, maybe Georgia Tech and Miami?) are free from the ACC GOR. It is essentially that simple.

Reaction Score
I think that is what is annoying many here including myself is that the bar for football as far as what the fans demand and what would facilitate a Big 12 invite is so low and yet the football program keeps tripping over it.
I agree 100%. A respectable program is really all UConn needs and it just has been futility.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Really strange that, on the same day, both the Big 10 and ESPN issue a public denial that they are looking to expand or drive expansion. I wonder if someone like Wazzou/Oregon State is threatening litigation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom