Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Why weren't they willing to take this stand a year ago when a few ACC schools thought their best move would have been to add WVU (and UConn), strengthen their football membership in the process, move to sixteen in one fell swoop, lock up the entire eastern seaboard and finish off the BE once and for all?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
In a related story, a VTech fan tweeted "basketballtastic!" in response to the Ville/Cincy/UConn story. Jeez, what do these people want?

Swofford (on conference call): We like UConn
FSU/Clemson/VTech: Umm... someone with football cache, please.
Swofford: Well, it's slim pickin's. Who do you suggest?
FSU/Clemson/VTech: Louisville is pretty good. And Cincy would be a compromise between basketball and football.
Swofford: Well UConn has the best academics and market. They profile as an ACC school.
FSU/Clemson/VTech: Get someone for football or we're gone.
Swofford: OK, OK. Duke/UNC/Cuse/Pitt/Wake, etc are all cool with UConn. We really think they're the best fit.
FSU/Clemson/VTech: Well we will compromise. As long as Louisville and Cincy are in, you do whatever you want.
Swofford: OK. We will take Louisville, Cincy and UConn. All three and go to sixteen.
FSU/Clemson/VTech: You didn't pick up a football school! Those are all basketball schools! We're leaving!

Reaction Score
the idea that the loss of Maryland football has taken down the ACC is beyond laughable. I think some of these schools (read FSU and Clemson) need to maybe take a look in the mirror. have two teams underachieved/choked more than them the last 10 years?

Reaction Score
FSU is so "good" they haven't even won the ACC since 2006!

MattMang23

Reaction Score
The ACC is dealing from a position of weakness. Two weeks ago Louisville wasn't even a consideration.

Reaction Score
Seems about right:

Frank the Tank@frankthetank111
Based on prior ACC actions, it would be 100% UConn. The fact that there's even a debate about Louisville means that there's a mindset change

This worries me. It would seem to indicate that Louisville's groveling is getting them more and more in the conversation. If this works, and the squeaky wheel got the grease, I will be terribly disappointed in how this was handled.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
What would be really crappy is if after taking some criticism the first time around for being open about conference realignment, UConn's higher ups "learned their lesson" so to speak only to lose out to a school doing the same thing this time around.

Reaction Score
Seems about right:

Frank the Tank@frankthetank111
Based on prior ACC actions, it would be 100% UConn. The fact that there's even a debate about Louisville means that there's a mindset change

I wonder if Frank the Tank could kick The Dude's ass. We could have a cage match on public access TV with Toni Terzi making the call.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Frank the Tank to Luther Campbell.

Are you referring to USF here? ACC taking all of Louisville, Cincinnati and UConn? RT @unclelukereal1 I'm sorry to Bull Nation

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Frank the Tank to Luther Campbell.

Are you referring to USF here? ACC taking all of Louisville, Cincinnati and UConn? RT @unclelukereal1 I'm sorry to Bull Nation

How would Luther Campbell know? This isn't 80s Miami. Well, if Tony Terzi know, anything is possible.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How would Luther Campbell know? This isn't 80s Miami. Well, if Tony Terzi know, anything is possible.

Who knows it's funny though. He's as good a source as some others since he's still tight will former players at least.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Who knows it's funny though. He's as good a source as some others since he's still tight will former players at least.

Ok fair enough. I suppose he would know more about FL's NCAA teams than most.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The debate about Louisville is on message boards, twitter and blogs. Is it really going on in the ACC office? UL or Cincy to the ACC would be like the B10 adding those schools, it goes entirely against the conference profile. The ACC held its nose to grab FSU back in the day, because the football was overwhelming and it's large state school with okay academics.

Reaction Score
Not sure it matters. It should, but doesn't. LVillve is an academic wasteland, but has represented itself successfully as a fball school. UConn is running around with clowns like Manuel, PP, Herbst as mouthpieces. Timing is everything as they say!

The debate about Louisville is on message boards, twitter and blogs. Is it really going on in the ACC office? UL or Cincy to the ACC would be like the B10 adding those schools, it goes entirely against the conference profile. The ACC held its nose to grab FSU back in the day, because the football was overwhelming and it's large state school with okay academics.

Reaction Score
The ACC is stuck with BC, Pitt and Syracuse. They are isolated. The ACC just lost Maryland, the quintessential N/S divide. 3 northern teams, one of whom plays in Penn State's backyard, the other up in Canada, and the third fields teams as if they are in the Ivy League. 10 southern teams.

The Big 10 is trying to capture the mid.atlantic/northeast.

UConn has a much larger DMA right in the northeast's wheelhouse. It's academics are on par.

The talk of Louisville is meaningless blather of the ignorant. To illustrate, using a tweet from a rapper? It came out last night that that tweet was in re a miami high school team with a bulls mascot.

Geeesh.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The talk of Louisville is meaningless blather of the ignorant. To illustrate, using a tweet from a rapper? It came out last night that that tweet was in re a miami high school team with a bulls mascot.

Geeesh.
Miami northwestern high school , which is A pipeline for the Canes, is nicknamed the Bulls and got crushed last night. Makes sense.

Reaction Score
Anyone else freaking out that it seems over the past 3-4 days there has been a complete shift in the ACC's philosophy? At the beginning of the week it was all about UConn and now it appears to be all about Louisville and the ACC getting a GOR if they join. I am normally a pessimistic person, but it seems like everything just appears to be lining up wrong lately.

Reaction Score
Let's put it this way. On Wednesday, I thought this would end well for us. Now I don't.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Anyone else freaking out that it seems over the past 3-4 days there has been a complete shift in the ACC's philosophy? At the beginning of the week it was all about UConn and now it appears to be all about Louisville and the ACC getting a GOR if they join. I am normally a pessimistic person, but it seems like everything just appears to be lining up wrong lately.
Again, where is this shift coming from? Nothing at all from journalists or the ACC schools. Just internet obsessives.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Let's put it this way. On Wednesday, I thought this would end well for us. Now I don't.

I'm in the same boat.

We're all trying to read smoke signals, but I haven't seen many that point to a safe landing for UConn.

Reaction Score
I'm in the same boat.

We're all trying to read smoke signals, but I haven't seen many that point to a safe landing for UConn.

I think we are going to find that we were in the whole time. Ultimately, UL and Cincy will be in too. The ACC needs to load up and renegotiate to survive. I don't think ESPN leaves us hanging again either.

Reaction Score
I think he smoked the turducken... Have no clue??

MHver3 (@MHver3)
11/22/12, 9:03 PM
NBC BigEast talks have ceased and as of 8 am all conference funds will be frozen

I'm not sure he even remembers what he tweets... He's confused the hell out of me (I know, I know)

Today:
MHver3 9:22am via Twitter for iPhone
BigEast will unfreeze accounts and meet on Monday. Aresco has been informed of at least 2 more schools intent to leave

Reaction Score
@crazietalker: RE: UL, Cincy, UConn joining ACC. RT @jbrinkmeyer: In that call I was told that FSU is the one who wanted to have all 3 invited.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom