Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Some more "key tweets"

@MHver3: Interesting that Uconn now has an offer from the ACC but no official word yet.
@gss2003: “@MHver3: Interesting Uconn now has an offer from the ACC but no official word yet.” What do u base on? @terzimedia states Ville got nod
@MHver3: @gss2003 @terzimedia if Uconn doesn't accept...
@MHver3: @gss2003 @terzimedia or If they take more than one.

@MHver3: Fwiw if Uconn gets the B1G bid it simply means espn has succeeded in keeping ACC defections to a minimum. Which means 4-6 at most.

One guy called him out and asked for a link. He said: @MHver3: @Iptaylm sorry. Most of my info comes via text. I rarely even read much sports news.

So that's it. Our wait is over!

Reaction Score
So which is it? 0, 1, or 2? Let's just say yes to everybody for now and see who faxes the paperwork first.

Reaction Score
This dude kills me...

MHver3 5:18pm via Twitter for iPhone
Speaking of Louisville...Jurich gives Bowlsby and Dodds ultimatum: Invite us by Monday Evening, or we withdraw our interest.

OMFG. That's like Cleavon LIttle putting the gun to his temple and saying "Nobody move or the black guy (paraphrasing from a non-politically correct day) gets it between the eyes." Yes, that scares the XII. Because if Louisville withdraws their interest, it would take them more than a milisecond to accept an invitation if invited.

Reaction Score
Just saw this from some other twitter guy. Who would like to translate for me? Looks like he is saying Louisville is in and the ACC has agreed to GOR.

ohn@JonVoy
@Ruknighttime @MHver3 Yep,the are this linchpin that saves the ACC,acc teams have agreed to GOR if the Louisville comes,Uconn ACC goes boom

Reaction Score
anyone find it interesting/funny that the guy who broke almost every realignment story, McMurphy from ESPN, has been quiet the last three or fou days? I'm guessing that whatever had been happening may not be in EPSN's best interests (ie ponying up more $$, etc) and so he's maybe been told to keep quiet?

Reaction Score
Some more "key tweets"

@MHver3: Interesting that Uconn now has an offer from the ACC but no official word yet.
@gss2003: “@MHver3: Interesting Uconn now has an offer from the ACC but no official word yet.” What do u base on? @terzimedia states Ville got nod
@MHver3: @gss2003 @terzimedia if Uconn doesn't accept...
@MHver3: @gss2003 @terzimedia or If they take more than one.

@MHver3: Fwiw if Uconn gets the B1G bid it simply means espn has succeeded in keeping ACC defections to a minimum. Which means 4-6 at most.

One guy called him out and asked for a link. He said: @MHver3: @Iptaylm sorry. Most of my info comes via text. I rarely even read much sports news.

So that's it. Our wait is over!

Oh goodie - MHver3 and Terzimedia gonna go back and forth?

Laughing-chimp-gif-animation.gif

Reaction Score
If this is the case and we go with Louisville and Cincy, I officially have no problems. Don't really care if we go to the ACC with Slippery Rock at this point just as long as we have a home before the Big East dies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
OMFG. That's like Cleavon LIttle putting the gun to his temple and saying "Nobody move or the black guy (paraphrasing from a non-politically correct day) gets it between the eyes." Yes, that scares the XII. Because if Louisville withdraws their interest, it would take them more than a milisecond to accept an invitation if invited.
Maybe they should try a Candygram for Mongo.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So what I'd love to know - Is Herbst also talking to Jim Delaney? I'd feel better about the ACC with a GOR (for example - I read somewhere that UL would jump to the ACC but then would jump again to the B12, and of course FSU). But if UL is going to accept first, that gives us a few more days to follow up with the B1G just so we have no regrets of what might have been (assuming ACC doesn't have some conditional offer that would be rescinded if we talk to anybody else). Maybe the extra time is to work out GOR.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I don't like the way that's written. Louisville to ACC with Cincy, UConn likely to follow can mean either the first two have been accepted and we MIGHT go later.

Or it can be read to mean all three of us are going now.

Or it could be read as Louisville is going now and the latter two MIGHT follow.

Ughhhhh. Lots of Louisville talk. Looking more and more like the ACC football schools have won out.

Reaction Score
u guys have it all wrong.....my tweet says we end up in the european rugby league but we end up getting kicked out bcuz GDL kept calling the same play up the middle which resulted in a perpetual scrum for most of the game. his conservative play calling had adverse repercussions as fans were falling asleep & the score keeper got laid off due to games constantly ending 0-0......

junglehusky

Reaction Score
@bricmiller
@napnet not likely. Apparently FSU said "get Louisville or we're gone."

I can't see the question he was responding too since napnet's tweets are protected. This would be consistent with the hypothesis that UConn alone would blow up the ACC. We have to hold our breath that UL/Cincy will help the medicine go down.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
His followup tweets seem to indicate it's only Louisville for now. Cincy and us would be later.

Brian Miller@bricmiller
@NathanSells1 I have it on good authority from inside Louisville boosters but that's all I know

Brian Miller@bricmiller
@napnet not likely. Apparently FSU said "get Louisville or we're gone."

junglehusky

Reaction Score
The journalist has now deleted his tweets.
To reiterate, this is @bricmiller the guy from Talahassee (not clear if he's media ok it is the guy who writes for the Tallahassee Democrat) who had tweeted about UL getting in the ACC first likely followed by UConn/UC.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Wow. "Journalism."

It may because it was bad info. It may be because, as someone tweeted to Mengus, as the Cincy prez walked through the crowd, the crowd started chanting "ACC!" "News" spread like wildfire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom