Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wasn't Mike Grant a Boneyarder for years?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Isn't that Keith Rice from the Rice family who owns (owned?) WILI?

I'll answer my own question. Yes, it is.

He was a tool when I worked at WILI - it's not surprising that he still seems like a tool on his website. What's with the Bryan Jordan alter-ego? Bizarre.

Reaction Score
I feel like I am on one of those pirate ship rides at the carnival. One minute I am thinking "of course UConn is ok, all is good." The next minute "holy crap Louisville is getting the bid and our main rival will now be Central!". It is nice to know there are other people out there like me who are enduring this trial. I have grown up rooting for UConn (I was 13 during the "Dream Season") and I was able to experience so many wonderful times with my father both watching games on TV and as a season ticket holder for football. How many of us have sat in the same position for minutes on end thinking it had some impact on the game? I know I did. Now I have a son who is 18 months old and all I want is to share the same experience with him that I did with my dad. UConn athletics is something that brought my father and I closer together and I want to share that same experience with my son. Hopefully all works out. BTW my last name is Storrs so I have definitely have a rooted interest in how this turns out.

Reaction Score
@Spherologue: @crazietalker FSU also requested a helicopter and nude photos of Bee Arthur.

Seems like this would make the most sense and provide the league with the most protection. Coach K was quoted as saying the ACC should have done more last time around by adding RU and UConn.

Add all three plus Grown or Nova....or all three plus Grown, Nova, and St. Johns.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I feel like I am on one of those pirate ship rides at the carnival. One minute I am thinking "of course UConn is ok, all is good." The next minute "holy crap Louisville is getting the bid and our main rival will now be Central!". It is nice to know there are other people out there like me who are enduring this trial. I have grown up rooting for UConn (I was 13 during the "Dream Season") and I was able to experience so many wonderful times with my father both watching games on TV and as a season ticket holder for football. How many of us have sat in the same position for minutes on end thinking it had some impact on the game? I know I did. Now I have a son who is 18 months old and all I want is to share the same experience with him that I did with my dad. UConn athletics is something that brought my father and I closer together and I want to share that same experience with my son. Hopefully all works out. BTW my last name is Storrs so I have definitely have a rooted interest in how this turns out.
And some day your son will be posting on the Yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
@Mengus22: !!!!!!! RT @pencerm: Cronin: "We are in the Big East until at least Monday.." Would go along with what was said yesterday. #Bearcats

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
@Mengus22: !!!!!!! RT @pencerm: Cronin: "We are in the Big East until at least Monday.." Would go along with what was said yesterday. #Bearcats

Where did he say this? I was watching the Cincinnati/Oregon game last night and I didn't hear that.

Reaction Score
Seems like this would make the most sense and provide the league with the most protection. Coach K was quoted as saying the ACC should have done more last time around by adding RU and UConn.

Add all three plus Grown or Nova....or all three plus Grown, Nova, and St. Johns.
No...
You already have nd with a different agenda. You really want to add a third with bb onlies?
That strategy worked well with the be. The acc already shows a rift between bb and FB and somehow that will get better by adding several bb only schools?

Reaction Score
Eric Crawford@ericcrawford
Beyond this, folks. Ratings do NOT matter to conferences. Total households in the market are all that matters.

He posted this after a discussion with Louisville fans about the TV ratings for the football game.

Reaction Score
Eric Crawford@ericcrawford
Beyond this, folks. Ratings do NOT matter to conferences. Total households in the market are all that matters.

He posted this after a discussion with Louisville fans about the TV ratings for the football game.

he's right, mostly. ratings don't directly equal money for a conference, it's the money from their own network/the network they sign with they charge per subscriber. the problem is, if the ratings are SO bad, that amount they can charge goes down. for uconn and louisville, that's probably not a meaningful difference.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Some Houston poster on the CSNbbs BE board posted that #14 is UConn, according to a "major network source." I asked him for clarification re: did the poster hear this or just repeating something found on the net?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Some Houston poster on the CSNbbs BE board posted that #14 is UConn, according to a "major network source." I asked him for clarification re: did the poster hear this or just repeating something found on the net?
He claims he personally heard this from a major network source. Good enough for me.

Reaction Score
i need a decision one way or the other soon cant take much more of this

Reaction Score

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
MHver3 11:18am via Twitter for iPhone
My source, who is vey close to Jimbo's family, says he has told FSU they cannot stay relevant in the ACC. Might he be about to fly?

MHver3 11:21am via Twitter for iPhone
Well. Bye bye Big East. Aresco cannot get half the conference to give commitment and this tv contract is falling to pieces.

MHver3 11:24am via Twitter for iPhone
4 Big East teams will be completely absent from today's meetings.

I doubt the last one completely. There's no way you burn that bridge unless you have an invite. I don't see 4 Big East schools having an invite.

Reaction Score
I doubt the last one completely. There's no way you burn that bridge unless you have an invite. I don't see 4 Big East schools having an invite.

You can get to that math if you count Pitt, SU, (UConn or Louisville) and Rutgers.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Pitt, Cuse, ND and RU. Damn, I wanted it to work for UConn too.

Reaction Score
Pitt, Cuse, ND and UConn

I think we almost said the same thing at the same time. But I think that supposes that MHver3 is actually tweeting something fact based.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I hadn't even thought of that. I really don't even think of ND, Cuse, and Pitt as Big East teams anymore. Of course if he means: Rutgers, Cuse, ND, and Pitt then it's not really news is it? ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom