Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Doesn't ZLS work for ESPN? We all are connected.

Notice he's been mostly quiet this week? He knows something! He knows UConn is going to the ACC!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Anyone listen to the Tim Brando show today? Apparently Aresco was on, and almost said UConn was gone. This was according to a post on the main Rivals board by a Memphis fan. Anyone hear it?

Reaction Score
I just finished my conversation with ESPN. Took a while, because they made me renew my "insider" subscription (boy, has that thing paid for itself).

Once I renewed my insider subscription, they explained everything to me.

The only problem is, I'm not allowed to say/post anything.

I will give you one guys one hint as to what's going on: Berman

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The UConn/BC rivalry is coming back back back back back back back

Reaction Score
I just finished my conversation with ESPN. Took a while, because they made me renew my "insider" subscription (boy, has that thing paid for itself).

We're going "back, back, back..."?
Or "we could...go...all...the...way"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Anyone listen to the Tim Brando show today? Apparently Aresco was on, and almost said UConn was gone. This was according to a post on the main Rivals board by a Memphis fan. Anyone hear it?

Here is the Aresco interview

http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/college-basketball/mike-aresco-rebuilding-the-big-east-38944/

Two little snippets that may be Freudian slips. He initially says "teams" leaving and then corrected to team. Then in a discussion of regional rivalries he mentioned Temple and then hemmed a hawed and finally said UConn but without much confidence. You can judge for yourself. I think it is a reach to read to much into his statements. At a minimum you hear Aresco's sales pitch to the TV networks.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Yes! I love guessing games!

1) Berman went to Brown University which is located in Providence, RI, home of the Big East headquarters = we're staying in the NNNNNBE
2) Berman is employed by ESPN, a network that we can all agree are aiding the rise of the ACC and fall of the Big East = we're going to the ACC
3) Berman is a Buffalo BILLs backer, and the B1G can offer the most dolla dolla bills = we're going to the B1G
4) Berman, or "Boomer", often states that "nobody circles the wagons like"...the wagon totin' Oklahoma "Boomer" Sooners??? = we're going to the Big 12
5) Berman's alter ego "The Swami" sounds like a mosh between the words "swim", "sushi" and "warm"...all things that I personally associate with the Pacific coast = we're going to the Pac12.

Reaction Score
Here is the Aresco interview

http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/college-basketball/mike-aresco-rebuilding-the-big-east-38944/

Two little snippets that may be Freudian slips. He initially says "teams" leaving and then corrected to team. Then in a discussion of regional rivalries he mentioned Temple and then hemmed a hawed and finally said UConn but without much confidence. You can judge for yourself. I think it is a reach to read to much into his statements. At a minimum you hear Aresco's sales pitch to the TV networks.

I don't think the teams slip-up is a huge deal. I think he was originally referring to replacing all the teams that have left over the last 15 months or so.

But I think you're right about that second one. He starts talking about all the new rivalries and says, "You have Temple, and, well, at this point, Connecticut".

That is a great sign, IMO.

Reaction Score
I went to high school with Terzi's wife, therefore, I now have his ESPN connections. Didn't he work for about a week at channel 30?

Among other places... (read the comment):

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I don't think the teams slip-up is a huge deal. I think he was originally referring to replacing all the teams that have left over the last 15 months or so.

But I think you're right about that second one. He starts talking about all the new rivalries and says, "You have Temple, and, well, at this point, Connecticut".

That is a great sign, IMO.

Agree 100%. I listened and it sounded like he knows UConn is leaving. "At this point, Connecticut" speaks volumes to me. Plus he mentioned a few times that they are moving away from a "northeast" football footprint.

Reaction Score
Yes! I love guessing games!

1) Berman went to Brown University which is located in Providence, RI, home of the Big East headquarters = we're staying in the NNNNNBE
2) Berman is employed by ESPN, a network that we can all agree are aiding the rise of the ACC and fall of the Big East = we're going to the ACC
3) Berman is a Buffalo BILLs backer, and the B1G can offer the most dolla dolla bills = we're going to the B1G
4) Berman, or "Boomer", often states that "nobody circles the wagons like"...the wagon totin' Oklahoma "Boomer" Sooners??? = we're going to the Big 12
5) Berman's alter ego "The Swami" sounds like a mosh between the words "swim", "sushi" and "warm"...all things that I personally associate with the Pacific coast = we're going to the Pac12.

Berman is one letter away from "beer man".
when I think of "beer" and "man" I think of football.
when I think of college football, I think SEC.
UConn is going to the SEC.

Reaction Score

Hmmmmm, perhaps I've said too much...

Reaction Score
Yes, but they have almost zero influence in realignment (relative to TV at least).

I agree that UL is probably a more favored pick for bowl games, is a bowl person going to tell any ACC team, "we won't take an ACC team if you take UConn over UL." I doubt it, highly.

Maybe not, but you forget, the conferences negotiate alliances with the bowls, and for the non-BCS games, the bowls do have quite a bit of sway. That was always a problem for the Big East, lack of access to desirable bowls.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

And don't forget, Berman spelled backwards is NAMREB. Do I have to go on?

Reaction Score
We're going "back, back, back..."?
Or "we could...go...all...the...way"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That reminds me of an interview I saw yesterday with John Sterling, Yankees radio announcer

Interviewer: Do you have any insight to where UConn will end up in this realignment game?

Sterling: They'll go high (B1G), they'll go far (B1G), they are gone.

Interviewer: How do you think they'll fare in the B1G?

Sterling: The Huskies win, the Huskies win, thuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Huskies winnnnnnn.

Interviewer: Thank you John

Reaction Score
@schadjoe: Told ACC Commissioner John Swofford spoke w VT Prez Charles Steger in last 24 hrs. and was assured move to SEC is "non-starter."

Blads tweet

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
I am continually amused by the schools that are upset about the instability they helped create.

The thing is, in their hearts Domers think they have nothing to do with any of this. "Well nobody made these leagues give us a special deal." UGH SHUT UP

Reaction Score
The thing is, in their hearts Domers think they have nothing to do with any of this. "Well nobody made these leagues give us a special deal." UGH SHUT UP

They actually said that when they agreed to move to the ACC, that their move was the move to finalize realignment. As if...

We sorta had it good in our little 8 team league, we just needed a commissioner who could keep the forward momentum going.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom