Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
The thing is - I know Tony Terzi - he went to Uconn. He rooted hard for Uconn back in the day. I am sure he is not making stuff up about what he is hearing from his contacts at ESPN. I am very very worried about this now.

Then what accounts for his assessment of Louisville hoops over UConn hoops?

Reaction Score
IMO...I love the premise, but it won't happen because:

1. Requires forward thinking on behalf of the ACC leadership

2. Leaves ACC with 17 basketball teams due to ND partial membership. It seems less than ideal to have uneven divisions of 9 and 8. (Perhaps add Georgetown as basketball only, but then the ACC is headed toward a path that ruined the Big East.)

Adding one Catholic school as a non-voting, associate member, does not put the ACC on the road to being the Big East.

Reaction Score
Maybe Terzi is looking at it in the present and next year or two. L'ville is top 3 team, has good recruiting class and Pitino has another 7 years or more to coach. Uconn is not eligible for NCAA tourney, a coach on a 8 month contract and not much coming in for recruits at this point.

Reaction Score
Maybe Terzi is looking at it in the present and next year or two. L'ville is top 3 team, has good recruiting class and Pitino has another 7 years or more to coach. Uconn is not eligible for NCAA tourney, a coach on a 8 month contract and not much coming in for recruits at this point.

Ok, who wants to admit that they are one of Terzi's 23 followers.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yeah, not to mention BC is lousy at all athletics except hockey and nobody in Boston except a small private school sized alumni base cares about BC. The growth play is UConn...BC knows it too hence their wanting to keep us down all of these years.
Let's be real, Rutgers puts the lie to requiring any competence to join a better athletic conference.

Reaction Score

Pitino is 68. My God, I hope he coaches until he's 75, but I doubt it.

Reaction Score

And so he's thinking that the presidents of these universities are most concerned about.....our recruiting class for next year??? Come on...this is getting crazy!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Here's a key couple of tweets by some dope UCF (of all schools) fan. This is how we are perceived I suppose:

@wcgoldberg: Adding #UConn would be a bad move my the #ACC. You already have the market with Boston College. If it's not New York, then who cares?

@wcgoldberg: The #ACC got the Northeast with basketball schools and by adding #Syracuse. #UConn doesn't help in regards to negotiating a new tv deal.

@wcgoldberg: @cal405 UConn has a good following, but it is all about the tv deals now. Doesn't really help in negotiations when you already own the NE.

I see a boneyarder has already attacked this idiots tweets!

Reaction Score
Being relatively new to posting how much faith do we have in the guys from WV? I pretty much see them as guys sitting in their parents' basements eating pizza bagels. Are they ever right? Can we believe anything they are saying or do they just post anything that will destroy the ACC?

Reaction Score
Being relatively new to posting how much faith do we have in the guys from WV? I pretty much see them as guys sitting in their parents' basements eating pizza bagels. Are they ever right? Can we believe anything they are saying or do they just post anything that will destroy the ACC?

Dude throws a lot of out there. I wouldn't put any faith in their knowledge at all.

Reaction Score
who do you think will legitimately break the next expanison story? Not a speculative one, but one that says: Sources confirm that so and so is next to the ACC, Big10, whatever. McMurphy? he's been quiet last 12 hours. PSU guy?

Reaction Score
who do you think will legitimately break the next expanison story? Not a speculative one, but one that says: Sources confirm that so and so is next to the ACC, Big10, whatever. McMurphy? he's been quiet last 12 hours. PSU guy?

I don't know, but I hope Herbst gets to pick. It's a great way to get someone to owe you.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
They sometimes eat hot pockets, just to mix it up. I believe the majority of people posting on that board (and all others) just take what is known and already out there, and try to make an educated guess at to what the next move will be.

Reaction Score
The thing is - I know Tony Terzi - he went to Uconn. He rooted hard for Uconn back in the day. I am sure he is not making stuff up about what he is hearing from his contacts at ESPN. I am very very worried about this now.
So much misinformation ! Terzi went to central conn. st u. How well do u know him again?

Reaction Score
If there is a God, there is no way that of all people, Tony Terzi knows people in the "important" walls of ESPN who would leak to him valid info.

Now the question is, is there a God.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
So much misinformation ! Terzi went to central conn. st u. How well do u know him again?
I went to high school with Terzi's wife, therefore, I now have his ESPN connections. Didn't he work for about a week at channel 30?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Haha (not that UConn doesn't have the same problem... ouch)

@Mengus22
Disappointed to see people having to rally attendance for the game this weekend. We should be past this by now, Louisville people.

@Mengus22
The feeling that realignment and the new postseason is screwing the Big East has sapped a lot of the energy out of this season.

Reaction Score
Haha (not that UConn doesn't have the same problem... ouch)

Here's a nice thought for the afternoon.

Imagine P and D put together the perfect gameplan for once, and the players actually can execute it. Defense does it's thing and we win by two TDs.

Did you watch Syracuse beat them? It wasn't even like Louisville was at its worst. Louisville is not all that. Hope the boys can put a game together and get P his first ever consecutive victory.

Reaction Score
Here's a nice thought for the afternoon.

Imagine P and D put together the perfect gameplan for once, and the players actually can execute it. Defense does it's thing and we win by two TDs.

Did you watch Syracuse beat them? It wasn't even like Louisville was at its worst. Louisville is not all that. Hope the boys can put a game together and get P his first ever consecutive victory.

I think they'll be competitive for sure, but this team has had such little margin for error in every single game.

I think we're finally due to force some turnovers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom