Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Tony Terzi@TerziMedia
Friends of mine with ESPN say they are hearing Louisville, not UConn, will be invited to join the ACC. And, that Big East ftbl will fold.

Tony Terzi@TerziMedia
UConn or L'ville to ACC? Ftbl, men's hoop better @ 'ville, but UC in larger TV mkt & is much higher ranked univ. ESPN hearing it's 'ville.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Tony Terzi@TerziMedia
Friends of mine with ESPN say they are hearing Louisville, not UConn, will be invited to join the ACC. And, that Big East ftbl will fold.

Tony Terzi@TerziMedia
UConn or L'ville to ACC? Ftbl, men's hoop better @ 'ville, but UC in larger TV mkt & is much higher ranked univ. ESPN hearing it's 'ville.

Malloy has to drop the hammer on ESPN if this happens. Basically tell them the state will use tax credits it was going to give ESPN to cover lost revenue at UConn.

Reaction Score
Tony Terzi@TerziMedia

Tony Terzi@TerziMedia

It is simply amazing that every time this realignment happens the needle goes one way then the other. First it is ALL about market, academics, etc. Now, let's throw those two things out the window completely and bring in the second lowest ranked academic school in the BCS and a market that is way below where Uconn's is. And let's totally misrepresent L'ville's "much better" hoops program and ignore the FACT that Uconn has the most National Championships of ANY SCHOOL in the last 13 years. And has been every bit as good as L'ville in football since they arrived. F'in ridiculous.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It is simply amazing that every time this realignment happens the needle goes one way then the other. First it is ALL about market, academics, etc. Now, let's throw those two things out the window completely and bring in the second lowest ranked academic school in the BCS and a market that is way below where Uconn's is. And let's totally misrepresent L'ville's "much better" hoops program and ignore the FACT that Uconn has the most National Championships of ANY SCHOOL in the last 13 years. And has been every bit as good as L'ville in football since they arrived. F'in ridiculous.

Its unbelievable. I mean, did we not make a Final Four in 2009? Did we not win a National Title in 2011? Does our Big East Football Championship allllll the way back two seasons ago not count?

Were the 30th bigggest media mark not even including Fairfield or ANY NYC penetration!

Not to mention our school is a top 20 public university and Loserville is a glorified commmunity college.

Even after all of that, Irecognize Ville IS still a solid candidate, but the overall message ffrom the media and twitter is UConn sucks and Ville is Alabama.

I hope that the ACC is smarter than the masses and doesn't fall vicctim to the masses and FACTUALLY incorrect BS their spewing.

Reaction Score
The thing is - I know Tony Terzi - he went to Uconn. He rooted hard for Uconn back in the day. I am sure he is not making stuff up about what he is hearing from his contacts at ESPN. I am very very worried about this now.

Reaction Score
So many haters out there- this Nate Miles thing/academic thing really hurt our perception. We are so screwed

Reaction Score
There is not likely any truth to this. If the ACC takes UL, they are taking UConn too. The ACC cannot afford to pass over the only team in the NYC market available now that they missed Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Someone make me feel better about this. Don't really like the fact that he is getting his info from ESPN and not some wahoo in West Virginia. Seriously someone, show me something credible from somewhere that gets me off the ledge.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Not to mention, UConn stretches a bit into Boston too. Pick up the Globe or turn on NESN and UConn scores are covered every bit as much as BC. UConn can reach into NYC, Boston and all of CT. That's the #1, #7, and #30 (Hartford/New Haven) markets. Seems like a no-brainer. Actually, I'm surprised we're not hearing more chatter about UConn to the B1G to be honest. That conference wants in in the big markets and UConn is exactly that, while not sacrificing academics or athletics. I saw a post saying that UConn and UVA are the only American schools in the AAU 2.0 yesterday somewhere. What am I missing???

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Toni Terzi's 'source' at ESPN could just be a friend of his that works for ESPN that has been hearing from other people at ESPN that they think it will be Ville. It's entirely possible, even probable, that the beginning of this rumor is a random person or group of people at ESPN that just think it will be Ville not based on contacts at Ville/UConn/BE/ACC but on their own thought process, which means jack.

Guy A (talking to Guys B-F at water cooler): "I think it's gonna be Ville."
Guy G (talking to Terzi): "I'm not sure but I'm hearing Ville to the ACC over UConn."
Terzi (talking to us fools): "ESPN hearing it's Ville."

Reaction Score
True. I hope you are right. Just hate living and dying every few hours based on new tweets or info from sources.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Malloy has to drop the hammer on ESPN if this happens. Basically tell them the state will use tax credits it was going to give ESPN to cover lost revenue at UConn.

Screw that. Burn it to the ground.

Reaction Score
Its unbelievable. I mean, did we not make a Final Four in 2009? Did we not win a National Title in 2011? Does our Big East Football Championship allllll the way back two seasons ago not count?

The problem is that the past isn't worth much compared to the future. What direction are you traveling in?

Besides Women's BB, UConn is on very shaky ground. Our football program is regressing and nobody knows if it's going to recover. Nobody knows if Ollie is the answer or if the UConn basketball brand can survive in the post-Calhoun era.

I don't like it anymore than you do, but I'm not surprised that people are very reluctant to invest in the UConn brand right now.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Someone make me feel better about this. Don't really like the fact that he is getting his info from ESPN and not some wahoo in West Virginia. Seriously someone, show me something credible from somewhere that gets me off the ledge.
If you guys need to feel better, read the thread about UL's president making public comments. It does sound like they heard they won't get in the ACC yet.

Reaction Score
IF...and it's a big IF, Terzi's sources are right, then it's showing that the ACC has gone irrational and into panic mode. They will have left their core principles behind in choosing a new member. Instead they will be bowing to the threats of the football powers by bringing in the team that is hot NOW. Not two years ago....just today! If true, the sad part for them is that these very same football power schools are likely to switch conferences soon anyway, regardless of who is added now. Adding L'ville is NOT going to keep them in the ACC if the B12 or SEC come calling! This would be very short-sighted on Swofford's part! The negative for us is that, when something happens to someone, something that they never anticipated could possibly happen, like a charter member leaving their conference, then irrationality can surely set in.

Reaction Score
Got to admit the Terzi tweet kind of floored me. It appeared that more was pointing toward UConn getting the invite rather than Louisville (WVU yahoos, Wilner, Louisville prez. begging, etc). Then this tweet appeared and suddenly the whole thing was thrown on its head. Is anyone else reluctant to believe positive info, but always ready to believe negative info. How concerned should we be by Terzi tweet compared to the others that think we are the choice?

Reaction Score
The problem is that the past isn't worth much compared to the future. What direction are you traveling in?

Besides Women's BB, UConn is on very shaky ground. Our football program is regressing and nobody knows if it's going to recover. Nobody knows if Ollie is the answer or if the UConn basketball brand can survive in the post-Calhoun era.

I don't like it anymore than you do, but I'm not surprised that people are very reluctant to invest in the UConn brand right now.

Then why the hell did they invite Syracuse? They have stunk in football for YEARS. Hoops has not even been as good as Uconn in the last few (tourney success) and Boeheim is going to retire soon.

Reaction Score
People are starting to float stuff for lots of reasons most of them self-serving. It's a long shot that they affect the final decisions but the longer it drags out who knows. I'll get nervous when our people start begging in public.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It's just crazy that Texas's name comes up again.

Did I hear that the Big10 is opening an office in the NY area? If so, hard to believe that RU will be the only NE team. I hope it's UConn, but I wonder if Syracuse is being considered. Hard to picture it being BC.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
BC and BT in the Big 10 makes no sense at all, and cannot be justified based on Delaney's stated criteria for entrance. I don't know if GT is AAU but I'm pretty certain BC is not.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
BC and BT in the Big 10 makes no sense at all, and cannot be justified based on Delaney's stated criteria for entrance. I don't know if GT is AAU but I'm pretty certain BC is not.

Yeah, not to mention BC is lousy at all athletics except hockey and nobody in Boston except a small private school sized alumni base cares about BC. The growth play is UConn...BC knows it too hence their wanting to keep us down all of these years.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
If you guys need to feel better, read the thread about UL's president making public comments. It does sound like they heard they won't get in the ACC yet.

Or this from the BY's favorite twitter account:

@MHver3: Also hearing That Jurich has told his coaches that an ACC invite is coming but not before Uconn. And the B12 may offer soon as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom