Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
@schadjoe: Told ACC Commissioner John Swofford spoke w VT Prez Charles Steger in last 24 hrs. and was assured move to SEC is "non-starter."

Blads tweet

In other words, ESPN is reporting that ESPN has agreed to help the ACC form its own network, so everyone is standing down.

Good news for UConn. It also seems like Louisville is conceding to reality. All we need is the invitation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I went to high school with Terzi's wife, therefore, I now have his ESPN connections. Didn't he work for about a week at channel 30?

Did you now?;)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
UConn athletic director Warde Manuel sounds just as uncertain about an ACC invitation as the UofL brass. http://courantblogs.com/uconn-women/uconn-ad-warde-manuel-update-on-big-east-acc-big-ten-rosters/ …
Here are the actual comments:

“The pressure is on the leagues to try and figure things out, as long as the uncertainty is out there that causes you to try and determine what this all means. I do feel some pressure as an athletic director of a Big East member school waiting to see what is going to happen, what’s laying out there for us, making sure we are in the best position [to act].

“But as much as I am looking out for us, we also need to be invited to join. I can’t just decide that I would like [UConn] to join a new league. I can’t just get up and take our team with me. It’s more complicated than that. The process is much more detailed than just deciding what it is I want to do on behalf of Connecticut.

“So we continue to work and operate and learn what the landscape is within intercollegiate athletics and make the best decision we can make.”

“We have so many selling points already out there,,” Manuel said. “It’s a great institution with great athletics that is committed to excellence. We’ve invested in our facilities. We done tremendous things in basketball [10 national championships]. We’ve elevated football and won a Big East championship in very short time. Our portfolio is strong and we’ll see where it goes.”

FWIW here are the UL prez's comments that got attention, for comparison (not that comparing what a prez said to what an AD said is quite apples to apples):

"There are things in life you just can't control," Ramsey said. "We've done everything we can do athletically and academically. I like what's going on with U of L. That's what we can control. We can't control our TV market. We can't control what networks think of what we bring in terms of TV. We'll keep working every day to position ourselves. We're not frustrated. Things will play out, and will play out well for U of L."

Judge for yourself.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
According to the Dude:

"The ACC is facing nearly certain extinction as a viable football conference. Eight current member institutions are currently engaged in serious negotiations to depart the beleaguered conference for the Big 10, SEC or Big 12"

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
According to the Dude:

"The ACC is facing nearly certain extinction as a viable football conference. Eight current member institutions are currently engaged in serious negotiations to depart the beleaguered conference for the Big 10, SEC or Big 12"

Not killing the messenger as I appreciate any news on the situation.

That being said, those West Virginia whack jobs don't have a god damn clue as to what is going on.

'The Dude' 'Mhver3' 'eerlaw' - they are all full of .

Reaction Score
According to the Dude:

"Mr Swofford, would you like some pepper on your Karma. They say it tastes like a beech."

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Not killing the messenger as I appreciate any news on the situation.

That being said, those West Virginia whack jobs don't have a god damn clue as to what is going on.

'The Dude' 'Mhver3' 'eerlaw' - they are all full of .

Hope you are right. Dude claiming "Sources close to WVU with ties to Ohio State President E. Gorden Gee confirm that the Big 10 has all but decided to accept the applications of Georgia Tech and UVA and is seriously considering adding UNC as the Big 10’s 17th member"....

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hope you are right. Dude claiming "Sources close to WVU with ties to Ohio State President E. Gorden Gee confirm that the Big 10 has all but decided to accept the applications of Georgia Tech and UVA and is seriously considering adding UNC as the Big 10’s 17th member"....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Most of the posters on the WVU Scout board HATE the Dude. He has been so spectacularly wrong that they get enraged whenever he posts.

Reaction Score
And the latest:

mark blaudschun (@blauds)
11/21/12, 10:05 PM
ACC officials held a conference call with member schools to discuss expansion options ajerseyguy.com

Reaction Score
I think he smoked the turducken... Have no clue??

MHver3 (@MHver3)
11/22/12, 9:03 PM
NBC BigEast talks have ceased and as of 8 am all conference funds will be frozen

Reaction Score
I think he smoked the turducken... Have no clue??

MHver3 (@MHver3)
11/22/12, 9:03 PM
NBC BigEast talks have ceased and as of 8 am all conference funds will be frozen

seriously how would he know anything about NBC and Big East negotiations as well as Big East budgets? He claims to have a source connected to WVU who is no longer involved in either of these tasks even if he was real.

Reaction Score
where did the "dude" say this? he only seems to be waxing about the Big12 being proactive about getting UL, FSU, etc

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
seriously how would he know anything about NBC and Big East negotiations as well as Big East budgets? He claims to have a source connected to WVU who is no longer involved in either of these tasks even if he was real.

Actually, the one thing that MHVER3 is pretty accurate is when it comes to contracts.

That said, I don't think NBC is simply going to walk away like that. If I were NBC, I would start with the new schools and build out from there. Still better than rodeos.

Reaction Score
The latest is the ACC is likely to invite both UCONN & UL in an attempt to save the ACC. Require GoR. -- The Dude of WV

Reaction Score
The latest is the ACC is likely to invite both UCONN & UL in an attempt to save the ACC. Require GoR. -- The Dude of WV

Thanks for clearing that up. If true the scenario of B1G having a long-term plan involving the NE (or a "northern strategy") would have to begin to take shape now if it involves Cuse, BC or UConn. If they are thinking long-term this might prompt some decisions or maybe counter-offers. A little Thanksgiving agita sneaks onto the menu? ACC in action mode during a busy weekend.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The one thing I will say, is with this many moving parts, there should be massive leaking, yet all we are hearing is the same WVU fools. There is a Houston Scout poster that is connected and pretty accurate, but I can't remember his exact handle and I haven't seen anything about him since Monday.

There must be other sources out there.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think i'm going to start a bs twitter and start just pumping some possible things and some crap.

Reaction Score
i think i'm going to start a bs twitter and start just pumping some possible things and some crap.
Have us going to the SEC or possibly the AFC East.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm amazed that you haven't already.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Have us going to the SEC or possibly the AFC East.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my first real head scratcher was going to be providence exploring fball possibilities becuase the acc called.

I'm amazed that you haven't already.

im going to call my twitter "the fish of ct"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom