Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 658 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
You know what would be funny if Yormark takes St John’s instead and they only have a fraction of our exit fee
It wouldn’t matter. UConn basketball only won’t have a problem finding a seat.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
It wouldn’t matter. UConn basketball only won’t have a problem finding a seat.
I'd rather be in the ACC as a basketball-only. 5-6 game football arrangement. 20 million per year. 1st team to leave we replace. Bowl tie-in.

Reaction Score
Lol GoKU will go down as the biggest fraud in Boneyard history
Maybe not if he was basing on what was taking place a few days ago and not last night and this morning. The back and forth with ASU in particular could have been them (and maybe Utah) going back and forth between the Pac-12 (Apple) and XII to gain more leverage and money. The XII could have flinched and gave full-shares to get it over the finish line. I have the impression that Oregon and Washington did the same with the B1G.

Reaction Score
Cal and Stanford.
Other than maybe NYU and Columbia, there are not two schools more culturally, philosophically academically and athletically different from the B12 than Stanford and Cal-Berkeley. Truly amazing.

Reaction Score
Yormark is not the problem, he legit sees value in UConn and hasn’t been able to sell us to the presidents. However, having his interest is a good thing for UConn’s brand. Guarantee it raises our stock and perception across athletics (though not enough).

Reaction Score
It would be cool but no one outside of UConn fans would really care
The Mansfield mafia would make sure that never happens and I am not sure I want to see Rte 195 and US 44 with 40K fans coming into and going out of campus on game day.

Reaction Score
Maybe not if he was basing on what was taking place a few days ago and not last night and this morning. The back and forth with ASU in particular could have been them (and maybe Utah) going back and forth between the Pac-12 (Apple) and XII to gain more leverage and money. The XII could have flinched and gave full-shares to get it over the finish line. I have the impression that Oregon and Washington did the same with the B1G.
No, GoKU was a fraud. I got confirmation from someone that every single person on this board knows. Talked with them a couple hours ago. All of the smoke around us was a lie by Yormark to get the Pac schools to jump. He used us, and executed it perfectly

Reaction Score
Stuff must still be going on behind the seen because we haven’t (at least I haven’t) heard boo from UConn to talk fan base off ledge. Unless the AD’s play is pretend that UConn never had any interest in joining the B12…….B18 whatever it’s called.

Reaction Score
We've seen this game before.

It is starts "Oregon State and UConn" and in the middle it becomes "Oregon State and Washington State" before finishing off "Oregon State, Washington State, Cal, and Stanford, with UConn looking in from the outside."
Or somehow Pitt and Cuse will get yet another life raft when they never even deserved the first one

Reaction Score
No, GoKU was a fraud. I got confirmation from someone that every single person on this board knows. Talked with them a couple hours ago. All of the smoke around us was a lie by Yormark to get the Pac schools to jump. He used us, and executed it perfectly
Can’t blame yormark. Kudos to him. We just can’t fall for it again.

Last edited:

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Yeah, the PAC was anticipating a small uptick on their next contract. Look how that ended.
The Big East is stable for the foreseeable future. The Pac-12 was not.

Reaction Score
We've seen this game before.

It is starts "Oregon State and UConn" and in the middle it becomes "Oregon State and Washington State" before finishing off "Oregon State, Washington State, Cal, and Stanford, with UConn looking in from the outside."
Anyone but UConn

Reaction Score
I can't imagine anything good coming of this. Either we fall to our knees and bail on football (and a bunch of other sports the B12 doesn't need us for, most likely), or we provide bait for them to lure in two other P12, er, P4 remnants. As they say, there's no there there. We're a chew toy to them, not a partner.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Benedict needs to leverage this (if true) into a hybrid ACC arrangement: non-football membership, automatic membership as soon as one member leaves, bowl tie-in, and 10-15 million per year.

Reaction Score
Sorry but that is not true. First, B12 had zero need to do that in the first place. If anything, UConn in the mix took pressure off the schools to jump since most would have preferred to stay in the league.

Second, a conference commissioner has little time to make trips across the country as a ruse or to burn their professional credibility by using a school (and college president).

Third, if Yormark really wanted to ratchet up pressure in this way, he would have gone with a more orthodox/traditional school that was believable and tolerable to the other B12 schools - SDSU for example.

Reaction Score
That was actually a very smart business move by Yormark. Didn’t work out for us, but I have to give Yormark props, he was playing chess.
Robert Craft did the same thing to the entire state of Connecticut with his talk of moving the Pats to Hartford. It was leverage to get Massachusetts to pony-up more money for Gillette Stadium.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine anything good coming of this. Either we fall to our knees and bail on football (and a bunch of other sports the B12 doesn't need us for, most likely), or we provide bait for them to lure in two other P12, er, P4 remnants. As they say, there's no there there. We're a chew toy to them, not a partner.
At this point they don’t need UConn for bait. Unless they just chum the waters with us to get Washington State and Oregon State to take really low shares to join

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom