Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 527 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

GG

Reaction Score
The Big 12 hasn't left UConn hanging. UConn knows exactly what is going on. The Big 12 has to have approval from FOX to go past 14. They are waiting to see if the right PAC schools will be approved for 16. Yormark will get UConn in.
Is UCONN the school that was paired with Colorado? I can’t fathom Yormak saying no to AZ if it wants in and no other pac teams bolt. In that scenario is UCONN the odd man out?

Reaction Score
Is UCONN the school that was paired with Colorado? I can’t fathom Yormak saying no to AZ if it wants in and no other pac teams bolt. In that scenario is UCONN the odd man out?
Odd man out temporarily. if another Pac 12 team leaves then I guess we can be paired with them? Everyone thought we'd be the partner with Colorado, but it could end up being Oregon or something like that. Instead of being #14 maybe we end up #16?

Reactions: GG
Reaction Score
I think it gets back to Colorado, UConn, Arizona and Arizona State.
The hell with Utah. The Big12 already has BYU.

Reaction Score
If he’s wrong then what? He walks away?
I suspect that when he took the job, he didn't realize all of the ramifications of being an independent. He's coming up against it when he loses a recruit for no other reason than we aren't in a P5 conference.

Reaction Score
MAYBE he does?
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Odd man out temporarily. if another Pac 12 team leaves then I guess we can be paired with them? Everyone thought we'd be the partner with Colorado, but it could end up being Oregon or something like that. Instead of being #14 maybe we end up #16?
Nothing is a given. Well UConn was. But Colorado was almost as certain. If I'm reading the tea leaves Yormack wanted AU and one other (not important which one) to go with Colorado and UConn. UConn and Arizona are the basketball prizes for his basketball vision. An argument is UConn is the top five to ten bb program in the country and Arizona is in the top twenty. He gets both of us he's going to look like Hurley after the NC.

Reaction Score
Supposedly ASU doesn't have to go where AZ goes and ASU supposedly doesn't want to go into the Big12. I could see a scenario where AZ goes in next and then Yormark brings in UConn as a way to try to bait in Utah (if they are wanted by the Big12), OR, and/or WA (those last two might be tempted if they have to wait 3 years to get into the Big10). CO was used as bait to get AZ, so maybe Yormark will use the same approach by adding UConn. Maybe the Big12 plan all along was to add 3 westerns and 1 eastern and Yormark is able to optimize the western choices as best he can with these baitings? It's going to get really interesting!

Reaction Score
I don't know if it's that, but there's a lot of hate on social media towards UConn. Basically they think UConn is garbage and the only thing UConn does decently is basketball. We have a perception problem and I'm not sure how you fix it.
Gratuitous bs - go away...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ask yourself when was the last time the local writers ever had a scoop
I whenever was the last time they went by the dairy bar. From the looks of them, they may have had more than one....

Reaction Score
Mora just said “as a football program if we want to survive and thrive, we have to be in a Power 5”. Said there isn’t an athletic dept in the country that has done more with less than UConn.
Or athletic departments that have done less with more opportunity than B--C or Syra- ...

Reaction Score
Jason Scheer, AZ reporter that has been very accurate with his reporting, indicating he's very confident AZ will say yes but that next week will be quiet as there are lots of details to be ironed out.

Reaction Score
Jason Scheer, AZ reporter that has been very accurate with his reporting, indicating he's very confident AZ will say yes but that next week will be quiet as there are lots of details to be ironed out.
If this is true then I wouldn’t be popping champagne bottles yet gentlemen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom